Reorganized my FO stash, wanna see?

GailC

@katmeltswax, I'm glad you like at least some of your FO's from the Candlemaker's Store.  I have had FO's that smelled weak OOB and sure enough, were also weak in wax,  But a few have surprised me once I did make candles with them.

One in particular was actually from TCS.  It was one of the Special Buys, Botanical Breeze, and it sat on the shelf for a few years before I ever used it.  Lo and behold, it smelled strong and was a really nice scent in soy wax.  Too bad they don't carry it any more.

I also use Cinnamon Sugar as a blend, like in super strong Pumpkin Souffle.  

I bought my Freesia several years ago from the Candlemaker's Store.  It's been awhile since I made any candles with it, so I need to use it.  

I like the sound of the blends you've made.  I've mentioned before that while I don't care for floral scents usually, I do like floral/fruit combinations.  Gardenia Coconut sounds interesting.  I have both of those.  And I'm still going to make Lavender Apricot one of these days.  Cantaloupe & Lily is my favorite so far, but I didn't blend it; I bought it from Aztec.

I'm curious as to what Rainbow smells like, also Dancing Water.  They both sound nice.  I may have already told you, but I really like Bamboo Rainforest from The Candlemaker's Store.

So may Fragrance oils, so little time!  :)   I honestly am trying to slow down on my ordering.  It's just ridiculous to keep buying FO's when I have so many I haven't even used yet.  Plus like I said, older ones I haven't used in years.  But it's so fun to get new ones!  

• Like 1

@Trappeur, I love the cheap trashy whore scents, you can send 'em all my way! 😉

Seriously, I harbor not-so-secret lust in my heart for ambers, patchoulis, musks, vanillas, and precious woods....throw a generous dash of rum or champagne in there and I will buy it so fast my credit card will smoke! 😂😂

I will say that there are a lot of cologne and perfume types out there that are just horrid, and I really dislike most "clean" types, so I totally understand what you mean!

@GailC, thank you for posting that! You are so organized! And now I know exactly which FOs to pick your brain about! But how is that we have the same top 3-4 suppliers, but have zero overlap in our fragrance oils?? 😆 Ok, maybe a few overlaps. Christmas Splendor is soooo good!

If I ever have a question about a bakery FO, I know to ask you or @Belinda! 😉😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Hey Kat!  I'll tell you what .......I'm not a floral person per say but I do love flowers as when spring breaks I can't wait to get down to my shack and start working in all my hostas and floral spreads I've created down there and there is just nothing so beautiful as smelling the fresh clean air in the country of wildflowers and flowers coming into bloom.  I can make florals no problem and actually really do like them but when I burn the floral candles I can't burn them for too long as theyare usually too strong and can give me a noxious headache.  I love honeysuckle.  I can't stand rose. And my ultimate one of my most favorite candle scents is Rice Flower and Shea.  If you are into florals and have never smelled this scent, you need to get it.  It is stunningly gorgeous quite simply said.  Now I could smell that all day long.  Matter of fact I have none but 2 1ounce samples from Bittercreek.  But Kat your blends sound so very beautiful!   I'm writing them down and eventually start ordering some of these.  I'll probably be picking your brain for your "secret" sources! hee hee hee.......What I love to blend with florals is vanilla voodoo.  Vanilla just goes with anything.

Gail, oh my gosh all those catagories you have listed I'm just stunned at seeing!   I always thought Belinda was the queen of stashes of oils with them stuffed everywhere under her bed, shoeboxes and other places she has mentioned.   She probably has them  shoved in with her toilet papers or anywhere she can find a spot!  lol......  She is just a cutie patootie I swear that girl.....But Gail I think you take the cake and have over run Belinda with your stashes! hee hee hee  I think you deserve the name "fo ho queen of Craftserver!   But then who knows....Belinda might have more than what she thinks she has if she has forgotten any places she has them stashed away in....lol... I'm sorry Belinda.  Here I am talking about you!  But it's all good...you know that....I especially love Gail that you actually wrote down the names of people you have given oils to....Golly bum!  Oh yeah, what do the x's mean on your list?  Didn't you send me some oils?   Cause I didn't see my name on your list.  Or maybe it was Moonstar as she has sent me a lot of oils...And then again it might have been Goldie...Oh, getting old is taking a toll on me I can't remember!

Trappeur

I bet Belinda has me beat.  :)  At least in samples....she has about any FO anyone mentions.  Now I'm talking about you too @Belinda.  By the way I love your name Belinda.

I know I buy too many Fragrance Oils Suzanne, but what the hey, I can afford it and it's fun!  Other people spend lots of money on their hobbies....boats, golf, what have you.  At least that's how I rationalize my overabundance of FO's.  :)   I should add all my 1 and 2 oz samples to that list...or maybe not.  

No, I never sold you any oils...you get me and Goldie mixed up sometimes.  :)  

Now I really wish I could come down to your cabin and see you and your place.  You grow flowers!  I don't have a green thumb unfortunately.  

So do you get the Rice Flower and Shea FO only from Bittercreek?  I was going to place an order with them, but never did.  See, you've got me thinking about ordering yet another new fragrance.

The X's on my list are scents that I probably will not order again.  Some I can't because the company where I got them went out of business and some I didn't like well enough to want to order more.  I was trying to see how many FO's I could slash off that list.  :)  But the list keeps growing more than I am slashing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

@Trappeur, I love the cheap trashy whore scents, you can send 'em all my way! 😉

Seriously, I harbor not-so-secret lust in my heart for ambers, patchoulis, musks, vanillas, and precious woods....throw a generous dash of rum or champagne in there and I will buy it so fast my credit card will smoke! 😂😂

I will say that there are a lot of cologne and perfume types out there that are just horrid, and I really dislike most "clean" types, so I totally understand what you mean!

@GailC, thank you for posting that! You are so organized! And now I know exactly which FOs to pick your brain about! But how is that we have the same top 3-4 suppliers, but have zero overlap in our fragrance oils?? 😆 Ok, maybe a few overlaps. Christmas Splendor is soooo good!

If I ever have a question about a bakery FO, I know to ask you or @Belinda! 😉😄

Well, we have zero overlap because my heart definitely does NOT lust over ambers, patchouli's and musks. :) I do like vanillas...what do you classify as 'precious' woods?  I did buy some Redwood & Cedar and customers are liking it.  And you don't like clean scents either which I do.  And oh yes, I love bakery scents.   And tropical and fruity.

3 hours ago, GailC said:

@katmeltswax, I'm glad you like at least some of your FO's from the Candlemaker's Store.  I have had FO's that smelled weak OOB and sure enough, were also weak in wax,  But a few have surprised me once I did make candles with them.

One in particular was actually from TCS.  It was one of the Special Buys, Botanical Breeze, and it sat on the shelf for a few years before I ever used it.  Lo and behold, it smelled strong and was a really nice scent in soy wax.  Too bad they don't carry it any more.

I also use Cinnamon Sugar as a blend, like in super strong Pumpkin Souffle.  

I bought my Freesia several years ago from the Candlemaker's Store.  It's been awhile since I made any candles with it, so I need to use it.  

I like the sound of the blends you've made.  I've mentioned before that while I don't care for floral scents usually, I do like floral/fruit combinations.  Gardenia Coconut sounds interesting.  I have both of those.  And I'm still going to make Lavender Apricot one of these days.  Cantaloupe & Lily is my favorite so far, but I didn't blend it; I bought it from Aztec.

I'm curious as to what Rainbow smells like, also Dancing Water.  They both sound nice.  I may have already told you, but I really like Bamboo Rainforest from The Candlemaker's Store.

So may Fragrance oils, so little time!  :)   I honestly am trying to slow down on my ordering.  It's just ridiculous to keep buying FO's when I have so many I haven't even used yet.  Plus like I said, older ones I haven't used in years.  But it's so fun to get new ones!  

I wish I had ordered the Freesia now from CMS .I put this one on my notes to order next time . Dancing Waters is a Bath & Body Works scent from a few years ago ,very fresh clean scent .It does not smell like laundry ,more like a clean mountain spring aroma .Rainbow I am not familiar with ,so ordered it out of curiosity lol.It does smell strong & good OOB .I will keep you posted on results.Gardenia and Coconut go so well together and many customers love this one ,along with Gardenia /Peach. It takes that stout edge off plain Gardenia .My husband gags and complains if I pour straight gardenia ,so I do the blends lol.He never complains of either one when blended ,in fact he actually likes the Gardenia /Coconut .I love blending floral scents .I am going to do a few new ones soon for Spring .I blend the oils ,let them sit a few days or more  ,then test .I am going to try Lavender with Green Apple ,thinking this one will blend very well .I also have Honeysuckle & Pear in mind .I make a Magnolia & Lemon and this scent is very popular with customers .The lemon really tones the Magnolia  down & gives it a really nice aroma .I do agree on Aztec  Cantaloupe Lily is wonderful ,I add a bit more Cantaloupe to mine . I have to try Trapps recommendation of Rice Flower & Shea from Bittercreek ,sounds very nice .I have never ordered from them ,may as well give them a try right .I am like you ,have more oils than I do time .I do enjoy reading the descriptions & shopping for the best we can find .I think every company has some real winners and some that are just weak .I like your organized shelf and still working on mine. I did put some 1 oz oils in the package I sent you ,maybe you will find a couple you love .I know one was FB Harvest Berry Gathering .I have to many similiar ,so never poured this one .It does smell strong OOB .You may have this one already. Guess I will browse some Bittercreek oils & see what else I can get ,that I do not need lol....Springtime is coming soon ,so I will be looking for more florals to blend .I think you would enjoy Beautiful Day scent ,another Bath Body Works scent.It is a floral fruity type .It has alot of apple blended with the florals.The one from Flaming or WSP are both spot on to the original .My all time favorites are fruity tropical scents .I just try to make a lot of everything , customers have such different taste .Let me know your package arrives safe and sound .Sorry did not mean to write a book ,just enjoy talking to you all here on this site .I am being lazy /tired tonight lol. Going to ask Trapp about Bittercreek recommendations , definitely will get some Rice flower  Shea .

3 hours ago, GailC said:

I bet Belinda has me beat.  :)  At least in samples....she has about any FO anyone mentions.  Now I'm talking about you too @Belinda.  By the way I love your name Belinda.

I know I buy too many Fragrance Oils Suzanne, but what the hey, I can afford it and it's fun!  Other people spend lots of money on their hobbies....boats, golf, what have you.  At least that's how I rationalize my overabundance of FO's.  :)   I should add all my 1 and 2 oz samples to that list...or maybe not.  

No, I never sold you any oils...you get me and Goldie mixed up sometimes.  :)  

Now I really wish I could come down to your cabin and see you and your place.  You grow flowers!  I don't have a green thumb unfortunately.  

So do you get the Rice Flower and Shea FO only from Bittercreek?  I was going to place an order with them, but never did.  See, you've got me thinking about ordering yet another new fragrance.

The X's on my list are scents that I probably will not order again.  Some I can't because the company where I got them went out of business and some I didn't like well enough to want to order more.  I was trying to see how many FO's I could slash off that list.  :)  But the list keeps growing more than I am slashing.

Can you tell me about Bamboo Rainforest ? The CMS does not hardly give any descriptions .The reason I bought Rainbow was curious as to what a Rainbow smells like lol....I like it OOB, strong scent .I meant to ask you about the B Rain on that last book I wrote ya lol.Thanks in advance . I always buy samples first ,test ,then go back for  the big bottles . Not to enable you but Aztec has a new scent Green Coconut .The cinnamon& clove  notes seem to be a bit odd with this one to me. I may try a sample just to see what it is all about . Think I may pass on the one pound bottle .I did not buy Relax or Pomegranate Juice either at the intro price . I  wanted the Pom juice thou ,just trying to stop buying everyone they introduce. Now it is  Five for Five time again . Let me know about CMS  Bamboo Rain forest when you get a chance .Thank you much 😀

@katmeltswax, I am excited to receive my package from you.  More samples to sniff!  

I could send you 'sniffies' of The Candlemaker's Store's Freesia and Bamboo Rainforest.  Except I'm not quite sure the best way to do that.  Would Q-tips in a baggy work?  I am terrible at describing fragrances.  Bamboo Rainforest is one of those fresh, green scents.  But not like laundry detergent to me.  Also, I could send you a sniffie of Snow Cream,  which is very nice, a vanilla mint blend.

I used to have Beautiful Day shower gel from BBW.  It was nice, but just OK to me, so I have never ordered the FO.  I do have several BBW types though.  

I have used both Aztec's and Nature's Garden's Love Spell and like them both, so don't think I want to add yet another supplier like The Candle Source to my list.  Thanks for the offer of the sample though. Come to think of it, I did order from The Candle Source many years ago, because at the time, my Granddaughter was wanting a Britney Spears Fantasy type candle and they had that scent.  I hadn't started my fragrance supplier list yet though.  Now I'm going to have to see if I can find the invoice to see what else I bought from them.  They are actually within driving distance from me.  less than 2 1/2 hours away.  But they don't carry my wax, so it's really not worth the trip just to buy FO's.

I am going to try some Gardenia Blends....after I make my Apricot Lavender Blend.  And my Blackberry Brulee blend....and, and. :)  I have a sample of Blackberry Brulee from Candlewic, so I did the Q-tip test with some Blackberry and some Creme Brulee I have and my blend smelled quite similar to Candlewic's FO.  

Sounds like you do a lot of blending.  I really need to try more.  

19 hours ago, GailC said:

I do have a list grouped by Supplier, but it also has crossed out names of FO's that I've used up. And other little markings and notes.  I can post it though.  

I haven't uploaded pictures from my phone, just my laptop and I just drag them from my picture folder.  I think you would click on 'choose files' to upload a photo.  I want to see your breadbox stash.  :)  

Here is my messy list grouped by supplier:

Candlescience

1.       Apple Harvest

2.       Cake

3.       Caramelized Pralines USED

4.       Christmas Hearth gave to Cathy

5.       Cinnamon Buns                                                X

6.       Cinnamon Stick *

7.       Hansel & Gretel’s house

8.       Holly berry                                          X

9.       Mistletoe gave to Melissa

10.   Moonlight Path                                 X

11.   Pumpkin soufflé

12.   Rain Water

13.   Snickerdoodle                                   X

14.   Strawberry shortcake

15.   Sweet Pea gave to Cathy

16.   Vanilla Hazelnut

17.   Very vanilla *

Mill Creek          

1.       Arctic Air

2.       Backroads 2 *

3.       Bayberry

4.       Chestnuts & Brown Sugar used

5.       Cinnamon Ginger                             X

6.       Cozy home used

7.       Grandma’s kitchen  *

8.       Harvest Spice

9.       High Cotton *

10.   Hillbilly Homebrew *

11.   Japanese cherry blossom             X

12.   Key Lime Pie

13.   Lilac Breeze

14.   Magnolia

15.   Mango Papaya 8 oz

16.   Monkey Farts 8 oz

17.   Orange Chiffon Cake

18.   Pear & Vanilla Bean

19.   Raspberry Crème 8 oz

20.   Seaside

21.   Sotb – fun in the sun                      X

22.   Southern Hospitality

23.   Splendid butter Pecan

24.   Wild cherry

Flaming Candle

1.       Chai

2.       Redwood & Cedar

3.       Vanilla Bean Noel

Candles & Supplies

1.       Apples & Spice special

2.       Honey Vanilla

Aztez

1.       Apple Jack & Peel *

2.       Baked Apple Pie

3.       Bayside marina

4.       Black Raspberry Vanilla

5.       Blueberry Cobbler

6.       Cantaloupe & Lily 2 **

7.       Caramel Pecan Pie  *

8.       Christmas Splendor

9.       Christmas Tree Farm

10.   Cinnamon bun

11.   Citrus Fantasy 100% Natural *

12.   Coconut Lime Breeze BBW          X

13.   Crème Brulee

14.   Fierce                                                    X

15.   Forever Red

16.   French Lavender & Honey

17.   Georgia Peach 2

18.   Gingerbread                                      X

19.   Lavender

20.   Leaves

21.   Love Spell

22.   Macintosh apple

23.   Mango papaya

24.   Mango peach salsa Yankee

25.   Mistletoe Kisses

26.   Monkey Farts

27.   Mulberry

28.   Orange Blossom

29.   Orange Clove

30.   Peace                                                    X

31.   Peaceful Patchouli                           X

32.   Peaches & Pumpkin Patch

33.   Pineapple

34.   Prince Charming                               X

35.   Pumpkin Cheesecake

36.   Pumpkin Spice

37.   Squirrelly Nut

38.   Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin          X

39.   Sweet potato & brown sugar *

40.   Toasted Marshmallow

41.   Vanilla Bean

42.   Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow

43.   Vermont Honey Apple BBW

44.   Victorian Christmas *

45.   Volcano

46.   Wonderberry                                    X

Rustic Essentials

1.       Baked apple pie  *

2.       Black Currant Tea

3.       Caramel  Café

4.       Caramel Pretzel Bar

5.       Celtic  Moonspice *

6.       Creamy cinnamon vanilla

7.       Da Lime in da Coconut  *

8.       Frozen

9.       Ginger Souffle

10.   Main Street Christmas

11.   Pineapple & brown sugar             X

12.   Pipe Smoke

13.   Plum Tart                                             X

14.   Pumpkin Spice Latte

15.   Sea Grass & Sand Dunes *

16.   Toasted Marshmallow

The Candlemaker’s Store                                                            

1.       Bamboo Rainforest *

2.       Birthday Cake

3.       Blackberry

4.       Cinnamon Sugar mixed with others

5.       Fireside                                                X

6.       Freesia                                 X

7.       Iced Cookie

8.       Island Salsa $10

9.       Lavender Vanilla

10.   Muscadine Grape

11.   Pink Sands                          X

12.   Snow Cream

13.   Sunmer Orange

14.   Special Apple Berry         X

15.   Special Baby Powder      X

16.   Special Bergamot

17.   Special Botanical Breeze

18.   Special Cotton Candy

19.   Special Country Clothesline

20.   Special Granny’s Pumpkin Pie

21.   Special Citrus                     X

22.   Special Maple Butter Cheesecake

23.   Special Wintermint          X

Nature’s Garden

1.       Aloe & White Lilac

2.       Apple Cinnamon *

3.       Apple Mango Tango

4.       Apple Orchard

5.       Apples & Oak

6.       Apricot

7.       Australian Bamboo Grass

8.       Banana Bread

9.       Black Raspberry Vanilla

10.   Butt Naked

1.       Candy Cane

2.       Caramelized Crimson Pear

3.       Christmas Memories

4.       Coco Mango

5.       Cottage Breeze

6.       Country Bumpkin *       

7.       Creamy Coconut

8.       Eggnog

9.       English Ivy

10.   Eucalyptus & Spearmint  2

11.   Fresh brewed coffee     X

12.   Guardian Angel                                X

13.   Home Sweet Home

14.   Honeysuckle

15.   Hot Baked Apple Pie mixed w/RE baked apple

16.   Hot Cocoa

17.   Hot Orange Danish *

18.   Indian Sandalwood

19.   Island Fresh

20.   Juniper Breeze

21.   Lilac

22.   Lily of the Valley

23.   Loving Spell

24.   Monkey Farts *

25.   Moonlight Tuberose      X

26.   Mountain Hazelnut Coffee *

27.   Mulberry

28.   Muscadine

29.   Nantucket Garden

30.   Pearberry

31.   Pina Colada                        X

32.   Plumeria                             X

33.   Potpourri Spice *

34.   Raspberry Cream Cupcake         

35.   Rosemary Mint

36.   Sage Leaf                            X

37.   Sandalwood                      X

38.   Seaside *

39.   Sugar Cookie

40.   Tahitian Vanilla

41.   Tinsel 2

42.   Tranquil Sleep

43.   Tropical Blast ** 2

44.   Warm Vanilla & Brown Sugar

45.   Winter Candy Apple 2

Cierra Candles

1.       Autumn Lodge (YC)                         X

2.       Baja Cactus Blossom

3.       Blueberry Cobbler  -FAV  *

4.       Butterscotch Brulee

5.       Caramel Apple (Apple Butter Caramel)

6.       Cherry Cobbler

7.       Home Sweet Home (YC)

8.       Island Dreaming

9.       Lime Basil Mandarin

10.   Midnight Jasmine                            X

11.   Pumpkin Pecan Waffles (BBW) used

12.   Sea Island Cotton (BBW) * 2

13.   Sugar Cookie

14.   Twilight Woods (BBW)                   X

15.   Vanilla Bean

16.   Vanilla Latte

Candlewic

1.       Apple Cider Donut *

2.       Be Delicious

3.       Bay Laurel

4.       Berry Tangerine (YC) ** 2

5.       Black Tea Orange & Almond

6.       Bombshell

7.       Cinnabon                             X

8.       Cinnamon

9.       Clementine Daisy

10.   Cranapple Spice

11.   Cranberry Chutney

12.   Espresso Latte

13.   Fresh Vanilla (BBW)        X

14.   Gardenia

15.   Hot Buttered Rum           X

16.   Lemon Lavender (YC)

17.   Lemongrass Sage *

18.   Mulberry Spice

19.   Pineapple Mango

20.   Pomegranate Cider

21.   Pumpkin Chai *

22.   Pumpkin Pancake

23.   Sage & Citrus (YC)            X

24.   Spice                                     X

25.   Strawberries  Cream       X

26.   Sugared Vanilla Shortbread

27.   Summer Fresh

28.   White Mulberry Cedar  1lb 8 oz

(forgot to add my new one Succulent Agave & Oakmoss)

Just Scent

1.       Bahama Mama                  X

2.       Buttery Gingerbread      X

3.       Cashmere Glow                                X

4.       Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Bluegrass Candle Supply

1.       Coconut mango                                                X

2.       Fruit slices old, discarded

3.       Hazelnut coffee

4.       Home for the holidays

5.       Hot chocolate                                    X

6.       Pear berry

Peak

1.       Amish Harvest *                               X

2.       Almond Pastries                               X

3.       Cornucopia                                         X

4.       Creamy Praline Pecan *                                X

5.       French Vanilla & Amber                                X

6.       Gardenia mixed w/candlewic’s

7.       Green Clover & Aloe

8.       Lavender mixed w/lavender vanilla

9.       Strawberries and Cream                               X

10.   Sweet Pumpkin Spicemixed with others

11.   Wild Cherry                                        X

Southwest Candle Supple

1.       Cranberry Orange Spice

2.       Grapefruit Watermelon

3.       Marketplace

Fragrance Buddy

1.       Apple Mango Tango

2.       Bird of Paradise                                X

3.       Cappuccino Espresso

4.       Caribbean Escape * 2

5.       Cinnamon Broom 2

6.       Cranberry Woods

7.       Cucumber & Melon

8.       Honey Pear Cider

9.       Jamaica Me Crazy *

10.   Lemon Pound Cake * 2

11.   Pineapple Cilantro

12.   Pomegranate                    X

13.   Pumpkin Cupcake 4

14.   Salted Caramel                  X

15.   Sea Witch *

16.   Spiced Apples & Peaches * 2

17.   Sun & Sand                         X

18.   This Old House                  X

Heaven Scent

1.       Black cherry

2.       Blue vanilla SOLD Jo Anne Craft forum

3.       blueberry

4.       Columbian coffee

5.       Cucumber melon             X

6.       Fall harvest                         X
"A nice blend of citrus, fruits, apples, an spices make this s wonderful fall scent..

7.       Flower garden SOLD to Fayrene

8.       Holiday spices                    X

9.       Honey spice cake gave to Fayrene

10.   jasmine

11.   Pear spice SOLD Jo Anne Craft forum

12.   Southern sunshine          X

13.   Spiced plum                       X

Indiana Candle Supply

1.       Christmas past

2.       Cinnamon buns

3.       Cranberry orange spice

4.       Nutmeg 

5.       Peppermint - 1 oz

6.       Pumpkin spice latte

7.       Sugar cookie dough  FAV

8.       Sugared spruce

9.       Sweet potato pie never liked discarded, old

10.   Vanilla bean noel

11.   White willow & tea                          X

Tennessee Candle Supply

1.       Christmas Splendor "A fruity, spicy bouquet with cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and juniper notes on a sweet, musky background."

2.       Peach Magnolia Raspberry "A fruity floral combination consisting of notes of apple, berry, peach, strawberry, jasmine, rose and lavender."*

3.       Pumpkin Pecan Waffle *

4.       Tangerine Dream Zesty citrus fruits includingX tangerines, mandarin, bergamot, and orange.

Pamela

1.       Coconut lime verbena – nature’s cauldren

2.       Coriander bergamot – Oregon trails        X

3.       Cranberry stronger – nature’s cauldron X

4.       Holiday ginger                                                   X

5.       Orchard berry                                                    X

6.       Sweet grass – pleasing odors indianapolisX

7.       True antique lilac

Craft forum

1.       Fabulous fig   SOLD to Fayrene

2.       Lavender & vanilla SOLD to Fayrene

3.       Nutty banana bread                                       X

4.       Sunshine                                                             X

5.       Wildberry zinger tea old discarded

Missy’s SOLD to Fayrene

Café latte

Christmas cranberries

Spiced vanilla

Pineapple Cilantro 3.3 ounces from ?

Deana Fultz

1.       Clove EO WSP

2.       Sunflower WSP

3.       Vanilla Bean WSP

@GailC  Yep!  I think so far out of everyone's stash that I have seen and all of our organizational options you and I are very similar!  Although I really must try to clear my old Pie safe and make that into another FO cabinet for all of my other 16 oz bottles that I have stored in bins in my basement (due to running out of room in this cabinet) and my 4 oz and 1 oz fragrance oils as the bread box is far to small for all of them right now.  So it's just holding the 1 & 4 oz bottles until I can get this other one cleaned out.  

I have a picture of the dry sink cabinet that I was telling you about (where I store most of my 16 oz bottles) but don't yet have a picture of the 4 oz and one oz bottles as they aren't really organized by category and being so small they don't look as nice as the large cabinet organization.  Lol   

Whats even funnier is I too have a list with the company name and the fragrance oils I own from said companies underneath the company name.  I have written next to some of the oils sold or letting ?? borrow, etc...  Ironically enough, I too have a friend named Kathy and have written next to several of them gave to Kathy.  Although my friend Kathy is spelled with a K instead of your friend with a C.  😂  When I seen that I was  laughing... 

I wanted to ask you about Creme Brûlée... Do you have one that you absolutely love?  I'm also looking for an excellent Gingerbread.  I have the NG Gingerbread and while it's not bad, it's not the best to my nose.  Any suggestions for either of them?  Crossing fingers the picture of my dry sink cabinet uploads correctly!  🙏🏼😇

IMG_5719.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@GailC  Yep!  I think so far out of everyone's stash that I have seen and all of our organizational options you and I are very similar!  Although I really must try to clear my old Pie safe and make that into another FO cabinet for all of my other 16 oz bottles that I have stored in bins in my basement (due to running out of room in this cabinet) and my 4 oz and 1 oz fragrance oils as the bread box is far to small for all of them right now.  So it's just holding the 1 & 4 oz bottles until I can get this other one cleaned out.  

I have a picture of the dry sink cabinet that I was telling you about (where I store most of my 16 oz bottles) but don't yet have a picture of the 4 oz and one oz bottles as they aren't really organized by category and being so small they don't look as nice as the large cabinet organization.  Lol   

Whats even funnier is I too have a list with the company name and the fragrance oils I own from said companies underneath the company name.  I have written next to some of the oils sold or letting ?? borrow, etc...  Ironically enough, I too have a friend named Kathy and have written next to several of them gave to Kathy.  Although my friend Kathy is spelled with a K instead of your friend with a C.  😂  When I seen that I was  laughing... 

I wanted to ask you about Creme Brûlée... Do you have one that you absolutely love?  I'm also looking for an excellent Gingerbread.  I have the NG Gingerbread and while it's not bad, it's not the best to my nose.  Any suggestions for either of them?  Crossing fingers the picture of my dry sink cabinet uploads correctly!  🙏🏼😇

IMG_5719.JPG

Love your Dry Sink!!! I  used to be a antique dealer ,back in the Good ole days before age 45 ,health issues forced me and my husband to stop .The heavy lifting and endless auctions got to be to much .What a wonderful display to store your oils .I love the way you have it decorated as well .Great Job !!!

@Marleigha. Ooh I love your dry sink cabinet and the decorations on top.  Looks so homey.  My cabinet is just a cheapy I found at a garage sale for $15.00 back in 2009 when I started all this.  I do like the glass doors on it. The other cabinet I'm using now is nicer. It used to hold my soap molds and other craft stuff, but I cleaned out two shelves for FO's to get them all back in one room.

Gee, we are similar!  My Cathy is my sister.  

I've only ever had one Creme Brulee and it is from Aztec.  I like it well enough.  My little neighbor girl loved it.  :)  I haven't found a Gingerbread I like and it hasn't sold well for me. Not crazy about Aztec's.  I did blend it with some Pumpkin Souffle and a little cake I think and made Pumpkin Gingerbread and it was good.  I have Buttery Gingerbread from Just Scent but I really don't like it at all.  Another one that didn't sell well.  Belinda likes it though, so don't go just by my opinion.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 3:26 AM, Trappeur said:

Your welcome Kat.....Me too, some of those are so rediculous...now really Monkey Farts?  Or Monkey Breath?  And I have never ordered Dragons Blood ever only because of the name or blood orange.   I know weird, but just couldn't get myself to order it.

Trappeur

I have a sample of Dragons Blood & once read that this scent is the bomb .I got it ,sniffed it and Yuck .I never did pour the sample ,just could not get past the smell .It may turn into something good idk .I ordered mine from NG .It could pass for something ,other than the name DB .I am guessing this is a popular scent ,just did nothing for me oob .

I don't like the name Bite Me and have never ordered that FO.  

I still need another name for Nature's Garden's  Butt Naked.  Someone suggested Summer Picnic, which is nice, but I want something for all seasons.  I will probably go with a name having to do with the tropics.  Exotic Breezes....hmmmm.  Maybe.

17 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Hey Kat!  I'll tell you what .......I'm not a floral person per say but I do love flowers as when spring breaks I can't wait to get down to my shack and start working in all my hostas and floral spreads I've created down there and there is just nothing so beautiful as smelling the fresh clean air in the country of wildflowers and flowers coming into bloom.  I can make florals no problem and actually really do like them but when I burn the floral candles I can't burn them for too long as theyare usually too strong and can give me a noxious headache.  I love honeysuckle.  I can't stand rose. And my ultimate one of my most favorite candle scents is Rice Flower and Shea.  If you are into florals and have never smelled this scent, you need to get it.  It is stunningly gorgeous quite simply said.  Now I could smell that all day long.  Matter of fact I have none but 2 1ounce samples from Bittercreek.  But Kat your blends sound so very beautiful!   I'm writing them down and eventually start ordering some of these.  I'll probably be picking your brain for your "secret" sources! hee hee hee.......What I love to blend with florals is vanilla voodoo.  Vanilla just goes with anything.

Gail, oh my gosh all those catagories you have listed I'm just stunned at seeing!   I always thought Belinda was the queen of stashes of oils with them stuffed everywhere under her bed, shoeboxes and other places she has mentioned.   She probably has them  shoved in with her toilet papers or anywhere she can find a spot!  lol......  She is just a cutie patootie I swear that girl.....But Gail I think you take the cake and have over run Belinda with your stashes! hee hee hee  I think you deserve the name "fo ho queen of Craftserver!   But then who knows....Belinda might have more than what she thinks she has if she has forgotten any places she has them stashed away in....lol... I'm sorry Belinda.  Here I am talking about you!  But it's all good...you know that....I especially love Gail that you actually wrote down the names of people you have given oils to....Golly bum!  Oh yeah, what do the x's mean on your list?  Didn't you send me some oils?   Cause I didn't see my name on your list.  Or maybe it was Moonstar as she has sent me a lot of oils...And then again it might have been Goldie...Oh, getting old is taking a toll on me I can't remember!

Trappeur

Trapp,I will definitely get some Rice Flower Shea .I need some more recommendations for Bittercreek .I have never purchased from this company.Do you know of anymore must haves from them ? I have never smelled this one ,sounds great .I am excited for Spring to arrive myself .I always plant a row of tomatoes in my flower garden .I used to grow & can my own salsa .I had to cut back on gardening the past couple of years ,due to health issues .I do still garden as much as possible ,gotta keep moving and not give up right .I am waiting for roses to be put out soon .Last year I purchased one called The Peace Rose ,prettiest rose I have ever seen .It is a creamy pale yellow in the center with a Beautiful Pink edge ,just love this one .It has over 50 petals.I want another one this year .I will also be purchasing another Hydrangea Bush .I am determined to make this plant prosper in my garden lol ..I love flowers and working in the yard as much as possible .I always throw zinnia seeds in with my small tomato crop.It attracts the bees to pollinate the tomato plants .I get so excited when the Nursery & Garden centers start putting out the new plants for spring .I look forward to your Bittercreek recommendations. Opps may have another supplier to add to my list .I wanted to drop a few this year ,near impossible .One more cannot do too much damage lol. Thank you in advance! 

13 hours ago, GailC said:

@katmeltswax, I am excited to receive my package from you.  More samples to sniff!  

I could send you 'sniffies' of The Candlemaker's Store's Freesia and Bamboo Rainforest.  Except I'm not quite sure the best way to do that.  Would Q-tips in a baggy work?  I am terrible at describing fragrances.  Bamboo Rainforest is one of those fresh, green scents.  But not like laundry detergent to me.  Also, I could send you a sniffie of Snow Cream,  which is very nice, a vanilla mint blend.

I used to have Beautiful Day shower gel from BBW.  It was nice, but just OK to me, so I have never ordered the FO.  I do have several BBW types though.  

I have used both Aztec's and Nature's Garden's Love Spell and like them both, so don't think I want to add yet another supplier like The Candle Source to my list.  Thanks for the offer of the sample though. Come to think of it, I did order from The Candle Source many years ago, because at the time, my Granddaughter was wanting a Britney Spears Fantasy type candle and they had that scent.  I hadn't started my fragrance supplier list yet though.  Now I'm going to have to see if I can find the invoice to see what else I bought from them.  They are actually within driving distance from me.  less than 2 1/2 hours away.  But they don't carry my wax, so it's really not worth the trip just to buy FO's.

I am going to try some Gardenia Blends....after I make my Apricot Lavender Blend.  And my Blackberry Brulee blend....and, and. :)  I have a sample of Blackberry Brulee from Candlewic, so I did the Q-tip test with some Blackberry and some Creme Brulee I have and my blend smelled quite similar to Candlewic's FO.  

Sounds like you do a lot of blending.  I really need to try more.  

Thanks Gail ,I will go ahead & place the order for samples .I was looking at Just Scent and filling the cart with some of their oils. I am looking for a good Cotton Candy & Belinda recommended the one from Just scent . I did try C Science CC ... I am going to order this one along with Blue Cotton candy, Creme De Menthe Whip,Chubby Hubby ,sounds wonderful and Peppermint Meringue .Oh and Marshmallow Peppermint .The Chubby Hubby sounds sweet and yummy .I put a pound of Cherry Slush in my cart as well .The Price is low & many have commented how great it smells .I may try the Red Mac Apple as well ,have read good reviews on this one .I need more Strawberry Shortcake from C Science to . This oil shopping is getting out of hand  .I will be looking for some good ones from Bittercreek also .I am going to try their Rice Flower & Shea .Trapp has me curious on this one .Thanks for the offer and I will be placing another order soon from CMS .I will get the Bamboo Rain forest & Snow Cream for sure .

6 hours ago, Sarah S said:

@Marleigha, your cabinet looks so pretty!!

Now I have renewed my determination to never, ever show you guys my mess! 😂

@Sarah S  first and foremost, Thanks so much!  This cabinet looks nice because it just happens to be my entryway cabinet I had made when we first moved here.  It's the largest of all of the cabinets I have to store stuff in.  But I can assure you not all of my cabinets look as nice!  My molds cabinet is a complete mess!  Please do share your cabinet as we would all love to see your FO's and how you opt to organize all of your stuff.  😇  

5 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Love your Dry Sink!!! I  used to be a antique dealer ,back in the Good ole days before age 45 ,health issues forced me and my husband to stop .The heavy lifting and endless auctions got to be to much .What a wonderful display to store your oils .I love the way you have it decorated as well .Great Job !!!

@katmeltswax Aww... Thanks so much!  I appreciate that.  I'll tell ya what, Gails post has now put me on a mission to clean out my cabinet for molds and samples.  Like Gail said.... Seeing how organized @Trappeur @Candybee & @strugglebrother are with all of their different categories gives me motivation to get mine more organized too.  But this just proves how posts like this,  with all of us sharing our storage pics helps many of us to reorganize and try to tidy our things up.  It certainly has helped me to want to get at my molds and samples cabinet for sure!  😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GailC said:

I don't like the name Bite Me and have never ordered that FO.  

I still need another name for Nature's Garden's  Butt Naked.  Someone suggested Summer Picnic, which is nice, but I want something for all seasons.  I will probably go with a name having to do with the tropics.  Exotic Breezes....hmmmm.  Maybe.

What I did Gail in renaming Monkey Farts which to me is the same as Butt Naked I renamed Tropical Island.  Or you could do Tropical Oasis.  Some scent names just get me....Like Lick Me All Over.  Now that seems a scent for porn shop.  And then Bite Me?  Or how about Kiss These Lips?   I could just see the eyes rolling in the apple orchard account I have especially since the owners are avid Church going Christians....

Trappeur

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GailC said:

@Marleigha. Ooh I love your dry sink cabinet and the decorations on top.  Looks so homey.  My cabinet is just a cheapy I found at a garage sale for $15.00 back in 2009 when I started all this.  I do like the glass doors on it. The other cabinet I'm using now is nicer. It used to hold my soap molds and other craft stuff, but I cleaned out two shelves for FO's to get them all back in one room.

Gee, we are similar!  My Cathy is my sister.  

I've only ever had one Creme Brulee and it is from Aztec.  I like it well enough.  My little neighbor girl loved it.  :)  I haven't found a Gingerbread I like and it hasn't sold well for me. Not crazy about Aztec's.  I did blend it with some Pumpkin Souffle and a little cake I think and made Pumpkin Gingerbread and it was good.  I have Buttery Gingerbread from Just Scent but I really don't like it at all.  Another one that didn't sell well.  Belinda likes it though, so don't go just by my opinion.

@GailC Thank you for the compliment on my dry sink.  It's actually being utilized as it was the largest cabinet I had available at the time.  The cabinet in my great room is probably large enough to store all of what I have but it is actually being used for movies and games, so I can't take that over.  I will be working on my cabinet for molds and samples though!  Thank you for doing a post like this as it has certainly given me motivation to tidy things up a bit.  

I really like your FO cabinet too!  Oh and trust me, I'm all about getting a bargain!  The bread box I told you about I got for $10 at a garage sale about 12 years ago.  I kept it the color it was for 8 years and then decided to paint it and distress it when we moved into this house.   I also had my hubby cut the wood out of the doors so I can staple chicken wire on the inside of them to make it look more prim.  I love that look!  I also started to add a shelf inside of it.  Never finished it though.  😬 Plan to finish the shelf and add a light inside and that $10 piece of furniture now looks so nice.  Bargains are the best!!! 😜

When we moved, I gave my kitchen table and chairs to my old neighbor because she loved the set...  Well, we ended up moving here and my neighbor knew I enjoyed painting and distressing furniture so she asked if I wanted her old trestle table and chairs.  😳  I love trestle tables, I couldn't pass it up!  So, that's what we have used for the last 4-5 years.  Ironic how I gave mine away and ended up getting one free anyways!  Karma!

Okay I'm so rambling!  😂  Will have to check out Creme Brûlée from Aztec!  I've been wanting one for quite sometime.  Thank you again for the post and for sharing your FO space!  😇

@Marleigha, OK you got me curiouser and curiouser.  Finish that shelf and add the light and take a picture of that bread box!  It surely must not be a bread box like I'm thinking about.

Hmmm.  I will have to check out Sea Salt and Rice Flower from RE.  I got a free sample of Sea Grass and Sand Dunes from there once and had to order a large bottle.  I really like that one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

What I did Gail in renaming Monkey Farts which to me is the same as Butt Naked I renamed Tropical Island.  Or you could do Tropical Oasis.  Some scent names just get me....Like Lick Me All Over.  Now that seems a scent for porn shop.  And then Bite Me?  Or how about Kiss These Lips?   I could just see the eyes rolling in the apple orchard account I have especially since the owners are avid Church going Christians....

Trappeur

I did try to change Monkey Farts to Funky Monkey once, but customers actually like the silly original name.  Except the owner of the store who is my wholesale account.  She didn't want candles named Monkey Farts in her store.  So she wouldn't want Butt Naked either.  Or especially Sex on the Beach.

Tropical Oasis is nice.  I have one I call Tropical Delight, because I didn't like the original name of Tropical Blast.  It is a good seller at the store during the warm months.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GailC said:

I did try to change Monkey Farts to Funky Monkey once, but customers actually like the silly original name.  Except the owner of the store who is my wholesale account.  She didn't want candles named Monkey Farts in her store.  So she wouldn't want Butt Naked either.  Or especially Sex on the Beach.

Tropical Oasis is nice.  I have one I call Tropical Delight, because I didn't like the original name of Tropical Blast.  It is a good seller at the store during the warm months.

I named LickMAO scent to "Blush" ,works for me .It sure sounds better than lmao.My Butt Naked is Summer Picnic .The Monkey Farts I call it "Sunny Daze" spelled with a Z. It is a summer type scent ,so it just fits .I love to name scents ,sometimes this can really improve sales on a slow moving scent. I recall naming sex on the beach "Blue Sky's" last summer ,sold alot of melts using this name .It's really a cocktail drink ,just reminded me of a pretty blue sky sunny day on the beach ,so came up with Blue Sky's lol. If you all ever want some unique names ,let me know .I love love love to name scents 😀😀😀😀

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Marleigha, OK you got me curiouser and curiouser.  Finish that shelf and add the light and take a picture of that bread box!  It surely must not be a bread box like I'm thinking about.

Hmmm.  I will have to check out Sea Salt and Rice Flower from RE.  I got a free sample of Sea Grass and Sand Dunes from there once and had to order a large bottle.  I really like that one.

I definitely want to finish it!  I absolutely love redoing furniture but the winter months makes it harder.  As soon as spring hits I will definitely finish it.  But just because you are so curious I will take a pic of how messed up it looks now.  😬   It's half done AND it's sloppy as can be! 

@Sarah S  this is what I meant when I said not everything looks that nice..... see it's not good at all!  LOL 😂😂😂. But let me tell you, I am FAR from perfect.  

Yes the RE SS& RF is really nice and throws very well!  Very impressed with it.  I have had Sea Grass and Sand Dunes on my want list for a month or so.... what does that one smell like to you?  

IMG_5731.JPG

IMG_5733.JPG

• Like 2