Patchouli

candlesncats

I recall someone here on the board that was testing different patchouli FO's. I can't remember if she said WSP or BA 's ? After a good cure I recall she said it was great.

I'll try to find the old thread on here and let you know. Personally, I can't stand patchouli so Im of no help, Im sorry  lol ! I know many on here love it though so maybe

someone can offer suggestions. The more I think about it the more I think it was WSP but I'll try to find it more you :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I recall someone here on the board that was testing different patchouli FO's. I can't remember if she said WSP or BA 's ? After a good cure I recall she said it was great.

I'll try to find the old thread on here and let you know. Personally, I can't stand patchouli so Im of no help, Im sorry  lol ! I know many on here love it though so maybe

someone can offer suggestions. The more I think about it the more I think it was WSP but I'll try to find it more you :) 

Thank you so much : )

• Like 1

I got a sample of BA's Patchouli.  I let it cure for a week in 4786 for my melts and it did not do so well.  I will let it cure another week to see what happens.  

I have not tested my palm wax candle with it yet.  That one has cured for a week now but I will wait another week to see how it does.  

Straight out dirty patchouli (the stuff that smells good but isn't an EO) still comes out of Lebermuth. I know it carries a price tag with it, but till someone can find who is carrying the full pajama for this fragrance and not watered or close-is-enough ... it's still Lebermuth. 

I have a bottle and haven't used it of Lonestar's the so called runner-up in the FO world for a few years. No promises though on your wax application. I just know mine. 

• 6 months later...

I know Lebermuth is expensive but I use less of it than others I've tried.  3-4% in candles and melts, it's a strong one and I don't like overpowering so may use less than most would.

The lower % offsets the double price.  I get mine at BA.   Peaks was a good one for mixing but not as strong straight up.

The best in the west Patchouli I've found is from www.thecommonscents.com out of Utah. Truest Patch I've found. I actually dislike the scent, but my customers loooove it! I don't know how it would behave in soy, as I've thus far only used it in my incense and body oils. I hope this helps?