Weirdest. Order. Ever.

glasllyn

I just received an order from Gemlite. I don't remember why I ordered from them in the first place because the order took kind of a long time to get here (prices maybe?). Anyway, inside the box with the FOs and EOs all wrapped in computer paper marked "secret" was something else. Something...uh...well...

Huh_2.jpg

Huh_1.jpg

• Like 2

That is weird....lol...What was that a joke or something?  A bowl and a spoon?  I don't get it myself....why would they send out something like that?  Maybe it was meant for the trash bin and got to you by mistake? lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

It took up most of the box. Each oil was wrapped in that same paper, which also looks rather like the very first computer paper ever made. And, also, it says "secret" on it. It's just bizarre. It looks like a serial killer sent me a weird box of stuff. 

Notice I did not say "cereal killer." EXCEPT WHAT IF THAT'S THE MESSAGE THEY WERE SENDING?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GoldieMN said:

Maybe a surprise gift for St. Patty's Day?  Leprechauns and luck. . .you know.  Could have had a drawing for the month.  Are you going to ask them?

Goldie

Interesting thought. If you could have seen the sticker- It looks like it's been on there since the 70s. It's all brittle and yellow. I mean, look at it. Just weird.

I don't know if I'm going to ask them. 

48 minutes ago, glasllyn said:

Interesting thought. If you could have seen the sticker- It looks like it's been on there since the 70s. It's all brittle and yellow. I mean, look at it. Just weird.

I don't know if I'm going to ask them. 

But, inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 2

If it creeps you out - listen to that. You may be wrong, but sometimes your instincts are trying to tell you something important. Getting that would have creeped me out too.

Too bad the gift bowl isn't worth much or you could sell it to pay for some more little FO bottles:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucky-Charms-Cereal-Bowls-Set-Of-3-2002-/222210745135?hash=item33bccae32f:g:BHYAAOSwtnpXn90o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glasllyn said:

It took up most of the box. Each oil was wrapped in that same paper, which also looks rather like the very first computer paper ever made. And, also, it says "secret" on it. It's just bizarre. It looks like a serial killer sent me a weird box of stuff. 

Notice I did not say "cereal killer." EXCEPT WHAT IF THAT'S THE MESSAGE THEY WERE SENDING?

OMG I'm LOL. 

It is weird...and kinda creepy lol

• Like 1

Ummmm that's extremely creepy and I would want some answers....

I wouldn't even be touching the oils or smelling them at this point either 

is that a sticker in the first picture on the back of the bowl?  Even weirder ?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, I know it's close to st pattys day but wrapped in secret paper and a bowl and spoon is just -well...weird and creepy 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

Maybe a surprise gift for St. Patty's Day?  Leprechauns and luck. . .you know.  Could have had a drawing for the month.  Are you going to ask them?

Goldie

That's GOTTA be it! Hmmm... Frosted lucky charms, they're magically delicious!
You know those damned kids are always after Lucky's Pot o'Gold!
Say! There's another clue! Pot o'Gold!
What's a pot by any other name but.... a bowl! 

So we have
Pot,
o'Gold 
Bowl
and some "Secret" wrapping papers concealing oils...
Secret huh? Strong enough for a nut but made for an elf? Kinda trippy, if you ask me.
Hm... trippy. Bowl.... (scratches head...)   I say we ask tall Alice... (she's 10 feet tall you know)   

(Keep playing along people...) 

Well, Alice just keeps muttering something about feed your head.... o.O

Lucky Charms is food... Magically Delicious food... o.O
Magic food... (scratches head...) 
feed your... O.O (BLINKS) 

THAT'S IT! 

They sent you some Acapulco Gold aka POT for your Bowl so you can "feed" your HEAD!  
They sell incense oils, they're a head shop! DUH! It was there ALL ALONG!  

Oh it makes perfect sense now!!!!

(Yes, you're welcome... I know that was some heavy mental lifting but that's what I'm here for.)

Have a safe trip, see ya next bong!  

Sponiebr: the guy that you're glad you're not... 

• Like 3

Oh... WHOA!!! Just found this totally by accident Gemlite sells 50% solution premixed Lye! They have some very interesting additives actually... And they send lucky charms bowls from the early 80's... ;) (BTW: free cereal bowls are not listed under their "specials" tab... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sponiebr said:

That's GOTTA be it! Hmmm... Frosted lucky charms, they're magically delicious!
You know those damned kids are always after Lucky's Pot o'Gold!
Say! There's another clue! Pot o'Gold!
What's a pot by any other name but.... a bowl! 

So we have
Pot,
o'Gold 
Bowl
and some "Secret" wrapping papers concealing oils...
Secret huh? Strong enough for a nut but made for an elf? Kinda trippy, if you ask me.
Hm... trippy. Bowl.... (scratches head...)   I say we ask tall Alice... (she's 10 feet tall you know)   

(Keep playing along people...) 

Well, Alice just keeps muttering something about feed your head.... o.O

Lucky Charms is food... Magically Delicious food... o.O
Magic food... (scratches head...) 
feed your... O.O (BLINKS) 

THAT'S IT! 

They sent you some Acapulco Gold aka POT for your Bowl so you can "feed" your HEAD!  
They sell incense oils, they're a head shop! DUH! It was there ALL ALONG!  

Oh it makes perfect sense now!!!!

(Yes, you're welcome... I know that was some heavy mental lifting but that's what I'm here for.)

Have a safe trip, see ya next bong!  

Sponiebr: the guy that you're glad you're not... 

OMG ! I should have known better than to start sipping my morning coffee while reading this .. the last part got me though lol ! So glad your back !!!!!!! 

• Like 1

OK. Gemlite. Hmm. Here's what I ordered and my initial impressions NOT tested in wax or soap, just blotters. I'm trying to create some unique scents from basic ingredients just to see what happens, and I'm not familiar with some of these aromas, which is why I thought I'd try samples. By the way, they come in nice little 1/2 oz glass bottles, which I fully intend to reuse for perfumery. A $4 sample in a nice glass bottle? I'll take it! 

Brandy- Smells like grapes. Just grapes. I really like a good, legit, French brandy, so I'm familiar with the scent. This is not it. Just like how wine doesn't smell like grapes.

Peach- Smells like peach. A bit off, but it could be a matter of OOB phenomenon.

Benzoin- I have not experimented with this before, but it smells similar to the descriptions I've seen everywhere else. Nice, earthy, vanilla-y

Gurjun- I don't know what to tell you because, again, it's new to me. It's herbal, balsam, a little cut pine branch?

Galbanum- This smells like something I've noted in perfumes and men's colognes. I recognize it. Something earthy, herbal, and smells a lot like a jar of pickled jalapenos. 

Blackberry- Smells like grapes. Hmm. Not sure about this one. Similar to Brandy. I'll check on it later.

Vanilla Extract 10x- Guess what this smells like! (It's nice, actually.)

Juniper Berry- Hello, juniper. Nice to meet you! I plan on making a Gin & Tonic scent with this.

Styrax- Pardon me, Styrax? Is this really what you smell like? Huh. OK, then. No idea what to do with this or whether I want to do anything with it at all.

Sweet Pea- This could be a winner. Smells fresh and not too sweet or perfume-y. This is not BBW; it's the flower.

New Mown Hay- Yep. Hay. Soft and warm. Hope it holds up in products!

Oak Chips SE- Okie dokie, Oak Chips. I'm stumped (Ha! Pun!). It's a thick, brown substance that shouldn't be in a bottle because it doesn't come out. Need to research.

Nutmeg- Strong and likely accurate, but impossible to know OOB because no one nutmegs the crap out of anything. You'd die.

Summary: My experience with Gemlite has been odd to say the least. (I now remember why I purchased from them: they're based in my state.) They sell soap and candle products...and tiny flashlights...so...yeah...BUT, maybe that bowl and spoon are hilarious and I should be delighted to do business with a quirky company like that. Additionally, they were out of an oil I ordered, so they emailed me to ask if I'd be OK with a 16oz Spearmint. Why, yes I would! I happened to need Spearmint, actually! I know you want me to call the company and ask about the bowl, but there's a part of me that just wants to let it remain a mystery. Perhaps someone else can order and see what you get? Who knows? Could be something you've always wanted.