Scents You've Given Up On

Tina J

1 hour ago, maryta said:

Is the banana similar to the Daphy Nut Bread (Candle Cocoon)?   I didn't like that one but I would love to find a good banana!

I'm really sorry but I don't have that one to compare it to. I do have WSP and to me, that one smells exactly like a banana Popsicle. It is awesome, but I wouldn't call it a true Banana :)

It smells delicious layered with a creamsicle scent in a layered candle ! CC has the truest Banana, in my opinion. It smells like a fresh, ripe banana. I like to blend it with CC's Ooey Gooey Caramel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Sounds awesome that blend.  I'll definitely order some Red Banana with the Caramel along with Vanilla Voodoo that I need desparately.

Trappeur

Yes definitely try it, it is a delicious blend :) And omg don't run out of Vanilla Voodoo, lol ! I still have quite a bit left and I'm already starting to panic, lol !

On 2/23/2017 at 8:57 PM, Incendia said:

LOL... you must have an entire room devoted to FOs. Over various threads, I've been very impressed by how many you have.

I do! And under my bed too! LOL! I'm about to be taken over in my wax room by FO's and there's not going to be any room for wax! EEEK!

I am so bad about ordering and then letting them sit there and not doing anything with them. I've even duplicated I don't know how many times because something sounds so good to me and I don't take the time to go and check and see if I've already bought it. Or, there are so many in there that I can't possibly look through all of them! *shudder*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

I do! And under my bed too! LOL! I'm about to be taken over in my wax room by FO's and there's not going to be any room for wax! EEEK!

I am so bad about ordering and then letting them sit there and not doing anything with them. I've even duplicated I don't know how many times because something sounds so good to me and I don't take the time to go and check and see if I've already bought it. Or, there are so many in there that I can't possibly look through all of them! *shudder*

LOL, I'm just small potatoes, and I can't keep track of the ones I have. Just got more today, too.

*shudder* - Indeed.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 6:11 PM, Incendia said:

LOL, I'm just small potatoes, and I can't keep track of the ones I have. Just got more today, too.

*shudder* - Indeed.

I'm pretty small too. I buy WAY more than I sell for sure! I am just obsessed with fragrance oils for some reason! HMMMMM, I think we all share some of that obsession on here LOL!  I guess when I retire and can devote my full time to this then I'll have everything I need and then some! I just love smelling the new boxes of FO's that come in and then order more! The sad thing is my biggest sellers are leather and leather blends YUK!!!! And I have ALL of these wonderful fragrances to offer and most of my customers want leather!

My name is TallTayl and I have an obsession with fragrance oils. ... :D

took a few days away from production last week to wrangle fragrance oils into order. Managed to tag and organize over 200 lbs of my most relied upon fragrances, and found at least 50 lbs that need to be used or destashed. Even after destashing 200+ little 1oz bottles recently I still have giant tubs filled with them. We all get caught in the rabbit hole chasing that perfect scent of (honeysuckle, lilac, strawberry, sea, every other category you can name).

Of every 100 or so new scents ordered, only a small fraction ever make into wax or soap. I have been getting better at listing for resale new ones I just don't love the day I receive them. They never improve, and take up space tying up cash flow. Wish I had learned that sooner!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 3:37 PM, se2653 said:

I have a hard time finding a nice honey scent, that is not too floral.  I've tried the SC honey, and Peaks, but they all have a strong floral note that I just can't get past.  I love the coconut milk from MMS, it is very strong in lotion, but haven't tried it yet in wax.

WSP has an all natural honey but 

in has vanilla in it but no floral. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 4:56 PM, Belinda said:

Belinda-- you are in need of an intervention! I think you've gone beyond FOHO to FOHEAD!:shocked2:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Candybee said:

Belinda-- you are in need of an intervention! I think you've gone beyond FOHO to FOHEAD!:shocked2:

PLEASE Intervene! LOL!  Hubs is supposed to start building me a room behind our house. He needs to HURRY!!!! 

• Like 1

You crack me up Belinda. I just had to laugh at your description of all your oils and duplicate oils. I'd say you have some serious FO issues! Not sayin' I'm innocent... I've duplicated oils myself because I forgot about ones I had in another box in another room! :rolleyes:

It's reassuring to come here and know that I am not alone in my fragrance oil addiction.  I KNOW I don't need to order any more FO's.  I have bottles I haven't even used yet.  But then I see a sale or someone wants an oil I don't have, and I can't order only one because I can get several bottle for about the same shipping as one bottle. So there go my good intentions.....

But isn't it so fun to get a box of FO's you've never smelled yet?  Especially from a company like Candlewic where you get a free 1 oz bottle for every pound bottle.  That's twice the sniffing!

I will say though that I finally made some candles from a couple of FO's I've had a few years and never was enthused about, and was pleasantly surprised when I liked the scent much better in wax than OOB.  So I should try some more unused oils before I order any more....yes I should. :)

• Like 2

On 4/11/2017 at 11:18 AM, Moonstar said:

WSP has an all natural honey but 

in has vanilla in it but no floral. 

I tried to find this one but didn't see it on their site, is it under H's with the other honey's?