So what is your favorite fragrance now?

Trappeur

I still have not been able to identify my favorite scent yet, and the soap maker doesn't remember what that little extra something was, other than it was a free sample. It's custom blended Tangerine with Cranberry and something, not really sure (it's a weird sweet citrusy note, yuzu maybe?). I don't know. I know htta the FO's were all BB. I've never smelled anything like it since she gave me that soap. I have a small sample of it saved to try and reproduce the scent one of these days. In fact my next FO order will be specifically to try and reproduce that scent. 

Ever since I discovered CS Mistletoe that has been my all time fav! I like that it also opens my sinuses in the winter when its dry and stuffy.

After that its kind of what I have burning or am sniffing at the time! But I do love Cedar Garland and Nutmeg & Ginger from Fillmore a lot.

Those are for candles... now when it comes to soap I love patch blends, classic florals like lavender or rose, and aromatic blends like ambers, sandalwoods, musk, spice, etc. Right now I am loving a blend of lavender and clean cotton. Its also what I put in my laundry to make it smell fresh and clean. Love it!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Ever since I discovered CS Mistletoe that has been my all time fav! I like that it also opens my sinuses in the winter when its dry and stuffy.

Isn't that stuff AWESOME? I have a little 1 oz bottle and it is DEFINITELY going to make it into some soap. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Candybee said:

After that its kind of what I have burning or am sniffing at the time! But I do love Cedar Garland and Nutmeg & Ginger from Fillmore a lot.

Those are for candles... now when it comes to soap I love patch blends, classic florals like lavender or rose, and aromatic blends like ambers, sandalwoods, musk, spice, etc. Right now I am loving a blend of lavender and clean cotton. Its also what I put in my laundry to make it smell fresh and clean. Love it!!

Didn't you say you make your own farbic softer with these two Fo's ??? I was trying to find the old post .... do you mind sharing it again ?

BTW ...I too  Love CS Mistletoe !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sponiebr said:

Isn't that stuff AWESOME? I have a little 1 oz bottle and it is DEFINITELY going to make it into some soap. 

It sticks in CP and smells really good. Can't say it sells well but I like it. Its been a while since I CP'd it and I seem to recall it discolors a bit but doesn't rice, seperate, or accelerate. Try some for the holidays, I think you'll love it in soap!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Didn't you say you make your own farbic softer with these two Fo's ??? I was trying to find the old post .... do you mind sharing it again ?

BTW ...I too  Love CS Mistletoe !

Well I don't exactly make fabric softener from scratch.. I use the recipe that's been floating around the internet for fabric softener only I changed it to suit me.

I use white vinegar and VO5 Extra Body hair conditioner. The internet recipe calls for mixing in some water but I figure the washing machine already does that so I just use the hair conditioner and vinegar. The vinegar freshens and cleans odors while the conditioner softens and fluffs the laundry. I use equal parts of both vinegar and hair conditioner. The conditioner I use makes a huge difference in how fluffy my towels and laundry come out and I found VO5's Extra Body works great.

So then I add equal parts of CS Lavender and Clean Cotton into the homemade fabric softener with a little Polysorbate 20 to keep the oils mixed so they don't seperate out. I want to say I use about 1oz FO per lb fabric softener but mostly I just add what I need for it to smell just right for me. For the Polysorbate 20 I use about half as much as the FO. So the % is 2:1 FO to Polysorbate.

For large loads I use 1/2 cup fabric softener. For small loads 1/4 cup. My laundry comes out smelling awesome!

Someday I may learn to make fabric softener from scratch but until I do I'll stick to the vinegar and conditioner. I started making my own laundry soap and fabric softener because commercial brands give me a skin rash. So I had to find an alternative that had fewer chemicals and wasn't so abrasive to my aging skin.

Now this rings a bell . All I could remember was the Vo5 extra body conditioner + those specific FO's. Over the summer I made some of those wool dryer balls

I was amazed at how well they worked. The first few I didn't wrap correctly making the ball shape + they came apart. Talk about a tangled mess :( 

But I learned from my mistake and the others turned out great - no issues since June . I also made some for gifts + placed them in extra large cotton

draw string bags with mini bottles of lavender EO . Everyone loved em - especially my daughters. Thanks again for sharing :) 

• Like 1

Omg!! i remembered why i have been avoiding the fragrance posts! 

My favorite is CS- apple and maple bourbon

Close second is apple harvest from CS.

Oh and CS blue spruce.

i try to stay with the one supplier. its been the way ive limited the number of scents i have. There are still too many other scents i love.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

I still have not been able to identify my favorite scent yet, and the soap maker doesn't remember what that little extra something was, other than it was a free sample. It's custom blended Tangerine with Cranberry and something, not really sure (it's a weird sweet citrusy note, yuzu maybe?). I don't know. I know htta the FO's were all BB. I've never smelled anything like it since she gave me that soap. I have a small sample of it saved to try and reproduce the scent one of these days. In fact my next FO order will be specifically to try and reproduce that scent. 

I wonder if it could be BB's Energy FO. Get a sample of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Siren12 said:

Omg!! i remembered why i have been avoiding the fragrance posts! 

My favorite is CS- apple and maple bourbon

Close second is apple harvest from CS.

Oh and CS blue spruce.

i try to stay with the one supplier. its been the way ive limited the number of scents i have. There are still too many other scents i love.

I like your strategy ??

I've tried for years to limit FO buying to just one supplier and I am hopeless! For candles I buy most from CS but still use a couple more like C&S and Fillmore to fill in the gaps. For my CP and B&B I have about 4 basic FO/EO suppliers I use but working with lye can make a scent unstable so its almost impossible to use just one supplier.  Like for example one lemon verbena works from one supplier but not the others I use. Happens a lot with CP. Soooo.... I end up using several suppliers for those scents that work.

• Like 4

I am just finally getting to take a minute to read through everyone's posts.  Belinda I feel the same way about Mrs. Clause Cookies, it smells to me alot like VBN.  Katmeltswax the PPW from JS is really good.  I think I bought some from FB and it wasn't near as strong.  It is one of my biggest sellers.  I have one lady that is a huge fan of PPW and she said she will only order it from me because I have the best.  I will have to look outside and see if my other ones were from TN or FB. 

• Like 3

Countrygal ,Thanks so much for the tip! I finally placed my order with JS for the PPW. I also ordered the Sea salted Caramel & Tangerine Dream. I have been using the PPW from Maple street & do like it ,but it still is not exactly the same as TCS .I have been trying to replace the PPW ,Tangerine Dream & Salty caramel from TCS. I cannot say I have a all time favorite because I fall in love with so many scents lol. I do know I love the Peach Magnolia Raspberry originally from TCS & have definitely found the dupe from Maple Street ,to add to my favs I would have to say Butt Naked from The Candlesource & definitely cannot leave out Blue spruce from CS . Gosh the list does go on & on thou :)

I definitely will be adding Vanilla bean Noel to my black Friday purchase from WSP ,have heard such great things about this oil. Oh one more must have for me is Italian Cream Cake from the Candlemakers store ,it is a amazing scent for bakery fans ,such depth & smells so so good :)

I keep me a pound bottle of this one at all times. Look forward to the PPW from JS ,should arrive to me soon ,Thank you bunches ,Kat

Favorite fragrance right now is Gemilte's Frosted Lavender. It's clean unisex without leaning floral feminine and it has a great upscale spa type aroma. I'm going to try to sell it off as a Christmas scent. Any ideas for a cutesy name? Speaking of they also have a fragrance oil called "Elf Beer" or something, which sounds interesting. I put in an order for that so I'll keep you posted on it's throw and scent a little later.  

Oh hey Candybee have you tried their Patch! It's pretty amazing! Some of their FCs are a bit weak but their Patch EO is really strong.

Anyone come across a sweetly bourbon oak fragrance? If it smells anything like I imagine it to be... It would certainly be my NEW favorite fragrance. 

Correcting my previous post above. I ordered the Tangerine from NG along with Sea salt caramel. The PPW order was from JS. I am looking forward to all 3 ,especially the PPW. Thanks countrygal for your recommendation. I am hoping for a strong PPW , just like the one TCS carried. Gosh I miss this company.

2 hours ago, rctfavr3 said:

..Oh hey Candybee have you tried their Patch! It's pretty amazing! Some of their FCs are a bit weak but their Patch EO is really strong.

Anyone come across a sweetly bourbon oak fragrance? If it smells anything like I imagine it to be... It would certainly be my NEW favorite fragrance. 

Haven't tried their patch. Ive been using Patchouli Honey from EBB and patch EO. Its all the patch I need for now. But I will keep theirs in mind. Thanks for the tip!

Seems to me I've seen bourbon oak somewhere... Soapalooza? Fragrance Buddy? Maple Street? One of those 3... or was it just Kentucky bourbon?

• Like 2

On 11/13/2016 at 4:38 AM, Moonstar said:

Belinda - which pumpkin sugared donuts is it you like so much, Id like to order some :) Would you say its strong ? Also, I like that idea of having the aide at your school

try the melts in an area where many people are walking by. If anything it gives you a good idea of what others think. BTW ... I ordered the Peppermint Bark from JS 

OMG its so good ! I poured it in 464 soy so Im waiting for it to cure now. The Vanilla Bean Marshmallow is good too. OOB the VBM is ok but is really good in soy. But I 

haven't burned it yet, still curing. 

Sorry, just now seeing this. I ordered the pumpkin sugared donuts from Aztec. I also think I have some from FB but haven't compared them yet. I do love the one from Aztec though!

I got the Peppermint Bark from JS too and love it OOB but haven't put it in wax yet. It has a little more chocolate note to my nose than the one from CS but it smells good! I think I'm going to get Vanilla Bean Marshmallow. That just sounds so yummy! I have the one ounce bottle but want to make advantage of Black Friday and get a pound of it.

• Like 1