Need ideas for new salt bar scent

Candybee

I currently have:

Pink grapefruit

Lavender, rosemary mint (my own EO blend)

Black Canyon (for my dead sea mud salt bars)

I need a new one that goes with the pacific ocean theme I have planned for it.

If it helps I want to color it ocean colors, aqua blue, pale green, ocean blue. Also thinking of possibly using an additive like kelp? or seaweed? that might go with it. But I need them in a powder form and not sure exactly what is available.

Any and all Ideas are welcome! Thanks!

BTW - I like Peaks Ocean but find it a bit boring and light in CP soap. It doesn't have to be an ocean, sea, salt, or sea spray type scent. It can be a clean, minty, green, musky, earthy, or whatever type scent you think might make a good salt bar  but with a unique scent.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Ive always loved refreshing scents in salt bars. Some that come to mind : Blood orange + bergamot  - Lavender peppermint rosemary - 

Ylang Lavender bergamont  citrus + a hint of vanilla - Lemongrass + sweet orange  - Tea tree lavender + lemon 

Not sure how/ if the citrus will will hold up but I sure do love those scents in summer soaps 

• Like 1

Thanks. Those are good ideas but I already have a lav, rosemary mint and a citrus scent. I've tried ylang ylang & bergamot but those soaps I can't give away plus bergamot fades in CP.

So I need more ideas. I do like your idea of refreshing scents thou Moonstar. Can you come up with some more?

• Like 1

LOL ! Thats the thing I don't like about CP soap - citrus doesn't really stick :( I was think about ordering a scent from Bulk Apothecary to test - it sounds 

interesting - pink salt + waterlily. Its described as a fresh clean scent. How bout tonic + lime ? or a coconut + lime. I recently bought a salt bar from 

a farmers market that was awesome - orange + mint. Not sure how the orange stuck so well but it was great :) how bout cucumber + mint/  ICS has 

a cactus fo - ive never tried it but i recall it had good reviews. 

• Like 1

Nothing says Pacific to my mind like Cactus & Sea Salt.  A scent that I am really digging in CP right now is Black Sea from Aztec.  The description reads, "An earthy fragrance of Lavender, Ylang, and Honeysuckle mixed with some green notes and musk and an ambergris bottom note."   Sticks like glue. 

• Like 2

bfroberts - Who carries the cactus & sea salt? I've heard of it before. I will check out the black sea.

kandlekrazy - I like salty sea air but its a little too light for what I am looking for. I know this sounds weird but I really don't want a sea, ocean, or salt type fragrance for my salt bars. I already have the pink grapefruit and I love it so I don't need another citrus unless its a blend of something very unique.

What kind of scents remind people of California coast and the pacific ocean? I remember I loved the smell of the air at Laguna Beach. It came from a mix of salty air and the summer breeze of the seaside gardens. Wish I could remember what the flowers were.

15 hours ago, Candybee said:

bfroberts - Who carries the cactus & sea salt? I've heard of it before. I will check out the black sea.

Aztec, ICS and Just Scent all carry it.  I've only used the Aztec and ICS versions.  Both perform well. 

• Like 1

I'm my last salt bar I used Be Delicious Blossom from WSP. It was a case of hmmm let's try something different for a salt bar. It smells so good!!! I also thought of Satsuma. But I was kinda bored with it. I haven't found a sea or ocean fragrance that I absolutely love yet. But Blue Lagoon from AH/RE is nice. I've been curious about the cactus and sea salt scents too. I have 5 bags of frozen prickly pear juice in my freezer to use in something. 

Kelly

• Like 2

Some of my favorites in saltbars

Salty Sailor from Daystar Candle supply you can smell the kelp and musky in this one really sticks.

Ocean Mist from RE use to come from KY smells like Coast soap to me.

Summer Breeze from RE use to be KY's

Sea Salt and Lotus Blossom from NG

Irish Spring from Tennessee Candle and Soap Supply

Redwood Cedar from Tennessee Candle and Soap supply

Edited by Barbara AL
  • Like 1

These are some really great ideas. It's still not clear to me what I am going to use. You know how you get this lightbulb moment idea for a new soap or a candle and know just what you want? I am still gathering ideas until it hits me. So any ideas are welcome and I really appreciate it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...