What's your favorite fragrances (you personally)

Trappeur

Siren-- If you are going to try Christmas Tree from Fillmore Container than try their Patchouli. Its pretty darn good and strong in wax. My favorite patch is Patchouli Honey from Elements. Its a blend and not straight patch but it is awesome in candles and soap. Everyone loves it, even people who didn't know they liked patch.

• Like 2

Candybee- thanks so much! I was nervous about what patch fo's would be like. Its nice to know ones that work well.

Scents have honestly been what i want to expand on but didn't know where to start. Thanks so much :)

Edited by Siren12

My favorite bakery scent is NG's 7 Up Pound Cake, always good, strong and true.

My favorite floral is Southwest Candle Supply's Indonesian Teak, clean and not too perfumery.

My favorite soaping scent is Blue Skies by AH/RE, a real bear to soap because it accelerates like crazy but it smells so good in the shower. Men like it too (I like amber).

My favorite Christmas fragrance is Tennessee Candle Supply's Vanilla Bean Noel.

My favorite Fall Fragrance has got to be FB's Autumn Nights. Lovely blend of apples and spice in a super throw formula.

I pour those for me if no one else buys a single one. Most are good sellers and have been for years.

• Like 2

On February 4, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Candybee said:

Oh lawd I love Patchouli Honey from EBB. I have yet to meet one customer that doesn't like or love it. It always sells out no matter what I put it in... soap... candles... whatever.

It got me started on learning to like patch scents. Now I love them but PH is my fav patch scent.

Hi Candybee,

Does EBB Patchouli smell like head shop patchouli circa 1960s/70s? I've been searching for a patchouli fo that smells authentic, but so far they have all been light and kind of floral. Not at all like that earthy, overwhelming scent I remember. 

10 hours ago, chevril said:

Hi Candybee,

Does EBB Patchouli smell like head shop patchouli circa 1960s/70s? I've been searching for a patchouli fo that smells authentic, but so far they have all been light and kind of floral. Not at all like that earthy, overwhelming scent I remember. 

I'm not familiar with that fragrance. Honey Patchouli is a blended patch with the sweetness of honey to mellow it. The patch in it is strong thou and very earthy.

One of the best straight patchouli's is from Lebermuth. But it can be very pricey and they have a minimum order or you pay a fee. I think TallTayl was trying to organize a co-op a while back for it but at the time they were OOS. You could try to contact her and see if she is still interested.

9 hours ago, Candybee said:

I'm not familiar with that fragrance. Honey Patchouli is a blended patch with the sweetness of honey to mellow it. The patch in it is strong thou and very earthy.

One of the best straight patchouli's is from Lebermuth. But it can be very pricey and they have a minimum order or you pay a fee. I think TallTayl was trying to organize a co-op a while back for it but at the time they were OOS. You could try to contact her and see if she is still interested.

Thanks for answering. If EBB patch is strong & earthy then I think it's worth a try. I'm afraid to try anything from Lebermuth because I know I wouldn't be able to afford to keep buying and I might get hooked!

• Like 1

On February 13, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Candybee said:

Just checked. Lebermuth is back in stock at $36 PP.  

i have been fully satisfied with the aged patchouli essential oil from liberty naturals in candles. I don't mind hosting a lebermuth co-op if there's enough call. With double shipping (them to me, me to you) the PPP will rise a good bit. 

Some of my favorites are:

Original Herbal Essences from Sweetcakes.  It smells the closest to the real original shampoo from the 70's, not that 80's stuff most suppliers think is the original.  This stuff has a powerful throw in soy, and is great in bath & body.

Lemon Curd from RE

Santa's Whiskers from RE

Day at the spa from CS

Cedarwood Vanilla from CS

Dove from Save on Scents.  Just like the soap, and very strong throw

Lavender from CS

Frasier Fir from WSP

Lavender Poundcake from Lonestar

Gardenia from Peak

Gingerbread from CS

I could go on and on...

The worst ones I have ever smelled are Lemon Meringue Pie from RE and Corriander Citrus from RE.  

• Like 1

There are lots I like, but so far my biggest faves are:

Coriander Tonka from CS

Carmel Corn from CS

Buttered Rum  from CS

Banana Cream Pie  from Northstar

Nag Champa from Northstar

Least liked: 

Leather from CS

Whisky from CS

Marshmallow from Bittercreek

Sandalwood from Bittercreek 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2016 at 11:18 AM, Beaches said:

Original Herbal Essences from Sweetcakes.  It smells the closest to the real original shampoo from the 70's, not that 80's stuff most suppliers think is the original.

AMEN!!!!! lol

I also love:

7up Poundcake-NG

Vanilla Butter Fudge-RE=smells just like yellow cake batter!

Apricot Freesia-BB=This has to be my all time fav!

Strawberry-Sweetcakes=The best realistic strawberry I've found so far...

Soapy Clean-BB=smells to me like Tone soap

Red Lipstick-RE=A sweetish cherry smell, but very complex...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am OBSESSED with anything and everything Pumpkin; I think I've bought every pumpkin FO from every supplier!

The winners?

? Peak's Pumpkin Caramel Latte

? Fillmore's Pumpkin Soufflee

What a fun topic! I love reading all the faves!

• Like 2

Patch Amber (TFC) for candles, and Clean Breeze (NG) for room spray, and Floral Muse (TFC) for my car air freshener, and Aloe & Green Clover (Aztec) for lotion, and Blueberry Cobbler (CS) for a bakery scent, and Oakmoss & Amber (CS) to burn in our office/store, and I like fruit scents most of all and right now I am really digging Aztec's new Grapefruit & Mangosteen, but Pineapple Cilantro (RE) is so nice, too.  I couldn't narrow it down more than that if I was held at gun point...LOL.

The only scent I truly hate....as in, I can't smell it without the urge to throw up....is RE's Santa's Whiskers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2016 at 8:21 PM, Candybee said:

I was just saying in another thread how much I like FC's daffodils. So fresh and spring smelling!

It's really too hard for me to pinpoint what my fav fragrances are.

I know I love CS Mistletoe. This past Christmas I "rediscovered" Home for the Holidays. Now its one of my favs again. I also love FC's Cedar Garland. My newest love is FC's Cranberry Citrus.

For soap I am loving FB's Gypsy Rose, EBB's Sea Island Grapefruit, and Peak's Black Canyon. But my all time favorite soap scents are EBB's Patchouli Honey and PFO's Lavender.

There are a few FOs I just don't like. Like FC's Maple. Ick! Smells like a cologne and not the syrup! Also their Friendship Bread or is that Amish Bread? Whatever, don't like it. I also bought a white chocolate and whiskey FO and it just smells off. Not sure where I got but think it was probably AH. Oh.... also am not liking the Hawaiian Sandalwood versions. Nobody made HS like Tradewinds and I can't find its equal. Sigh!

Who's Home for the Holidays do you like?

• Like 1