The Flaming Candle Co and MW oils

number2of7

I'm so happy to come across this post!  I will send them MW's Sweet Indian Corn as well as Sweet Fig.  I used them in some blended scents I make (made).

Does anyone know which of the Patchoulis is MW"s?

Patchouli or the Passion one? ....

Thanks

Got them, just a few, really ("testing purposes"). They sure smell good!  I know, you should never judge a fragrance OOB but most of us do... well I do, lol. 

I never tried Witches Brew but after Chandler sent me a sample, what can I say, it was love!  So I went ahead and ordered it; happy camper here.  Of course, I also ordered Merlin's forest  :-)

Thank you, my dear enablers; luv ya all!

• Like 1

The person I talked to said they have their FOs in wax on display to sniff.

That is even better!  I hope they have the bottles as well because I still like to see how it is OOB.

Peggy, I'm not sure if the Patchouli is theirs.  The Patch Passion definitely is.  Well, I am assuming by the name that it is...

That is even better!  I hope they have the bottles as well because I still like to see how it is OOB.

Peggy, I'm not sure if the Patchouli is theirs.  The Patch Passion definitely is.  Well, I am assuming by the name that it is...

PP smells the same as the MWs FO of the same name.

I'm having trouble with HT in 464.  I'm going to try in paraffin as soon as I can

• Like 1

Hey, N2O7, what FO% did you use?   I have SCR in 464 at 6% with Eco wicks. I'm using the tealight maxis & the HT is not very strong. I wonder if it's the size of the maxi?

I no longer make candles....just tarts, so I'm not much help there.  Sorry :(

Has anyone tried the Pumpkin Maple from this company? That looks really intriguing but so far it looks like most everyone is interested in the MW dupes. Hoping someone might have some feedback. Thanks.

I don't recall that one being there on my last visit.  I'll be sure to give it a whiff -- I plan on going up there Monday or Tuesday :)

Does anyone know which of the Patchoulis is MW"s?

Patchouli or the Passion one? ....

Thanks

Only the Patchouli Passion is the MW version.  They already had a patchouli -- MW version is better, but I guess they're keeping theirs....

Well, I got my samples. OOB reviews until I test them.

Witches Brew is the same!  Actually I think I like it even better OOB.  we shall see when I test it.  

Lavender is ok, but I think I prefer Peaks.  

Pink Sugar smells great - nice and strong

Patchouli - not even close.  It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.  It's pleasant and depending on the throw, I might actually re-order it.  But def not patch.

Asian sandalwood -.  I have been relentlessly testing every sandalwood to replace sockmonkey's Black Sandalwood without success. Still on the hunt.

Frasier fir smells really good but I have to test for throw.

sweet Orange chili Pepper - like this one - I can smell the chili pepper in it.

I'm so happy to find the Witches Brew,  i will def give this supplier a shot.  They have a nice selection and I like their prices.  The website is clean and user friendly.

• Like 1

I put some of the patchouli on my wrist and I have to say I love it. I still can't figure out what it reminds me of. I keep thinking maybe opium perfume but I haven't smelled that in a long time. I'll do a roll on with this one.

Edited by nursenancy

Has anyone tried their Golden Sands dupe yet? The one from Just Scent smells so good, but their shipping starts over $14 for a pound so I decided to blind buy from Fragrance Buddy since I couldn't imagine that big a difference and it smells nothing like JS's version. JS has rich sandalwood and tonka bean notes while FB smells like some generic fruity perfume. JS has no fruit notes, at least to my nose. Lesson learned, but I'm so disappointed. :(

Combo the two, because when I've smelled the pink sands, there's a fruity note there and not much sandalwood IMO. I haven't tried either. I have Wellington's version that I keep meaning to do something with to test it. To me, that one had some fruity nuances similar to what I smelled out of Yank's scent. 

I have Pink Sands and it's definitely fruity, but Golden Sands, at least from JS, is warmer with tonka bean and sandalwood very present. Of course, now I'm wondering if I received the right scent from JS. The FB Golden Sands dupe is one of the worst scents that I have ever encountered. It's extremely light OOB so I mixed some into a carrier oil and applied it. It smells like a faint citrusy powder at first, then the generic fruit notes appear after a while. Even straight out of the bottle, I have to really snort to smell anything at all. I love some things from FB but they really missed the mark on this one.

So, I went by there Tuesday.  Smelled the Maple Pumpkin -- I picked up mostly maple, so I got a sample to bring home and put in my wax to make a final decision.  It is good and strong though!

Yeah, I could have saved some of you the trouble on Golden Sands -- it smells NOTHING like the JS version (which is the one I use).  Theirs is just way too light and almost non-existent.  The same goes for most of their fruity scents.  They're just too weak in my opinion.

They got back the duped samples of Earthen Oak and Ancient Incense -- I gave them the green light for ordering.  They nailed them.  Floral Muse is now in their warehouse, but can't recall if it's been added to the site yet or not.  It's wonderful!

I picked up a few new ones while I was there:  Basil Sage & Mint (better than the Only Fragrance version we used to carry -- I think their version was called Purple Sage & Mint), Black Ginger & Bamboo (this one is really nice....the ginger tones down the sharp edges of bamboo), Frankincense & Myrrh (I like the CS version better, but this one is different enough to call it something else -- it's almost powdery at the top, but warm enough that our earthy fans will approve), and Bamboo & Orchid (I smell zero bamboo in this one -- it's too light for tarts, but it's such a pretty scent that I decided to try it for our b&b products -- will rename this one)

I had them dupe Sandalwood Rose from Southern Gardens (now Pure Fragrance Oils) -- SG was wanting $43/lb last time I ordered it.  I only had a little bit left over to send them for duping.  Their duped version is coming out soon if not already :)

There were a few that I didn't purchase, but only because I have something similar.  These smell good: Firewood, Fire Roasted Marshmallows (this one reminds me of Cedarwood Vanilla from CS a little bit), Blue Sugar, Banana Nut Bread (mostly banana and nut...don't detect the bread), Be Enchanted (no clue what the original smells like though), Downy April Fresh, Island Fresh Gain, Leather, Mandarin Cranberry, Monkey Farts (smells like banana taffy)....

I need to get there one day early enough where I can sit down and take notes on each fragrance they offer.

• Like 1

Oh, great, thanks for the info on Golden Sands. I guess I'll stick with JS but that $14 shipping stings and I don't really need anything else that I can think of. I guess it's time to revisit the sample bin to see if anything new pops out for Fall!

So, I went by there Tuesday.  Smelled the Maple Pumpkin -- I picked up mostly maple, so I got a sample to bring home and put in my wax to make a final decision.  It is good and strong though!

Yeah, I could have saved some of you the trouble on Golden Sands -- it smells NOTHING like the JS version (which is the one I use).  Theirs is just way too light and almost non-existent.  The same goes for most of their fruity scents.  They're just too weak in my opinion.

They got back the duped samples of Earthen Oak and Ancient Incense -- I gave them the green light for ordering.  They nailed them.  Floral Muse is now in their warehouse, but can't recall if it's been added to the site yet or not.  It's wonderful!

I picked up a few new ones while I was there:  Basil Sage & Mint (better than the Only Fragrance version we used to carry -- I think their version was called Purple Sage & Mint), Black Ginger & Bamboo (this one is really nice....the ginger tones down the sharp edges of bamboo), Frankincense & Myrrh (I like the CS version better, but this one is different enough to call it something else -- it's almost powdery at the top, but warm enough that our earthy fans will approve), and Bamboo & Orchid (I smell zero bamboo in this one -- it's too light for tarts, but it's such a pretty scent that I decided to try it for our b&b products -- will rename this one)

I had them dupe Sandalwood Rose from Southern Gardens (now Pure Fragrance Oils) -- SG was wanting $43/lb last time I ordered it.  I only had a little bit left over to send them for duping.  Their duped version is coming out soon if not already :)

There were a few that I didn't purchase, but only because I have something similar.  These smell good: Firewood, Fire Roasted Marshmallows (this one reminds me of Cedarwood Vanilla from CS a little bit), Blue Sugar, Banana Nut Bread (mostly banana and nut...don't detect the bread), Be Enchanted (no clue what the original smells like though), Downy April Fresh, Island Fresh Gain, Leather, Mandarin Cranberry, Monkey Farts (smells like banana taffy)....

I need to get there one day early enough where I can sit down and take notes on each fragrance they offer.

Oh I wish I would of seen this post..just ordered from there not long ago but would of lived to the the Fire Roasted Marshmallow! I've tried so many marshmallows but just can't find one I'm loving :(

The Strawberry is really, really very good, OOB & while mixing in my wax. No fake scent at all.  If it has good cold & hot throw, I'll use theirs instead of Sweetcakes.

I didn't have good luck with the FOs at 6% in 464 & Eco wicks. They smell awesome, just won't throw strong. I'm trying with 6 & 7% in my paraffin blend &  415 with CDs & CDNs. 

• 2 months later...

I found some jars I want to order from the Flaming Candle Co, but just buying jars is boring, so I just have to buy some FO too.  Has anyone tried their Pumpkin Souffle? CS Pumpkin Souffle is so good, I hesitate to try anyone else's. 

How about Vanilla Pumpkin, or any of the fall fragrances?

Did I read Earthen Oak is being worked on????

Rhonda had said that it was French Vanilla Oak. I found a couple that were very close (NG and AH/RE), just not nose hair burning strong like the one from MW. I need the MW one for a signature blend.

• 2 weeks later...