The Flaming Candle Co and MW oils

number2of7

I know many of you are getting your MW oils from Fragrance Buddy.  I also see that many of you are having problems getting them to respond to emails and such.  I've been working with Travis from Flaming -- he's been getting all of the oils I've sent to him duped.  I bought MW samples from FB -- they just aren't as good as the ones from Flaming!

He will eventually get all of the oils I sent added.  Perhaps you guys should give them a try :)

I live about 30 minutes from them, so I've made a trip twice to their office to sniff all of the oils :)  Yes, there are some duds as with any supplier, but they have some really good ones.

Just thought I'd put this out there :)

• Like 1

I just received a small order from Flaming and I'm very impressed so far with how they smell OOB.

Also, I had forgot to put a sample of a certain oil in my cart before I checked out and I sent them an email asking if it could be added. He called me the next morning and told me they would put the one I had requested in my order as my free sample! 

I plan to order from them again for sure!

• Like 1

They just sent me back samples of Tea & Cakes, Sun & Earth, Celestial Sea, and Fairy Garden.  OOB they all smelled great!  I put them in wax today and will recheck them on Monday for a final opinion.  They're sending off for remakes of Earthen Oak and Ancient Incense -- those two were too weak the first time around.  They have quite a few of them already in stock ... Witches Brew, Sugar Cookie Royale, Native Princess, Leaves, and a few more I can't remember at the moment.

Travis and Hannah are probably some of the nicest people I've ever met.  I have really enjoyed working with them!

• Like 1

Would someone post a link to them? Where are they located? I am on the East Coast.

I need Autumn Embers or a replacement for it that is soap safe. I checked with Pure Fragrance Oils who is supposed to be the new supplier for MW  about AE and they don't plan on stocking it anytime soon. I asked them what that meant and if they would stock it in the future and they emailed me back without a specific answer on that. So I am looking elsewhere.

Thanks for the link SimplyFragrant.

ChandlerWicks or Moonshine-- do either of you have a sample of Autumn Embers you could please send them? I am totally out or I would try it. I am worried about replacing this fragrance. It sucks when you have wholesale accounts asking for soap in that fragrance and all I can say is I am waiting to find out about it!! Argh!!

Thanks for the link SimplyFragrant.

ChandlerWicks or Moonshine-- do either of you have a sample of Autumn Embers you could please send them? I am totally out or I would try it. I am worried about replacing this fragrance. It sucks when you have wholesale accounts asking for soap in that fragrance and all I can say is I am waiting to find out about it!! Argh!!

CB, I do, I'm going to call them tomorrow to let them know I'm willing to send all the ones I have,  if they want them. If they don't want them, you can have AE or any you want.

2of7, they are about 20 minutes from me but I can't drive at the moment.  Did you happen to try any of these below?  My son lives practically across the street from them and can pick up my order.

Caribbean Teakwood - How does it compare to the CS version?  I love that fragrance but it is not skin safe.  This one is.

Flowering Boxwood

Hayride

Peppercorn Spice

Red Cedar - Would be wonderful if this was like Bert's

Sun Shower

Tobacco Caramel

Their site says they are open the first Saturday of every month so I could get DH to take me.  But, this month that falls on 4th of July weekend.  So, they may not be open.

• Like 1

2of7, they are about 20 minutes from me but I can't drive at the moment.  Did you happen to try any of these below?  My son lives practically across the street from them and can pick up my order.

Caribbean Teakwood - How does it compare to the CS version?  I love that fragrance but it is not skin safe.  This one is.

Flowering Boxwood

Hayride

Peppercorn Spice

Red Cedar - Would be wonderful if this was like Bert's

Sun Shower

Tobacco Caramel

Their site says they are open the first Saturday of every month so I could get DH to take me.  But, this month that falls on 4th of July weekend.  So, they may not be open.

I do have Caribbean Teakwood -- It is NOT the same fragrance as the one from CS.  It's not a big powerhouse scent by any means, but man do I love that scent!!!  Their Tobacco Caramel is amazeballs -- actually reminds me of Blue Sugar.  Red Cedar is very very very light :(  It just had zero throw whatsoever.  It's one of the duds.  Peppercorn Spice is WONDERFUL!  There's a lot going on in this scent.  I don't recall Flowering Boxwood or Hayride (maybe they weren't there when I went by?)  As for Sun Shower, it's brand new and I haven't made a trip out there since they got that oil.  I"m due to go back in a week or so when they get my Sandalwood Rose in (had it duped from Southern Gardens) -- so excited as SG went way up in price and I had to discontinue it a while back.  The dupe is perfect!

To Scented:  Others I can recommend -- Apple Ginger Crust, Lavender Vetiver (if you like really strong unique scents), Sweet Spice (not strong enough for wax, but does great in CP soap, perfumes, etc), White Tea Lemonade (LOVE).....my mind is drawing a blank, but they have some really good "staple" scents.  Their fruity scents really need some work.  Most are very weak in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Would someone post a link to them? Where are they located? I am on the East Coast.

I need Autumn Embers or a replacement for it that is soap safe. I checked with Pure Fragrance Oils who is supposed to be the new supplier for MW  about AE and they don't plan on stocking it anytime soon. I asked them what that meant and if they would stock it in the future and they emailed me back without a specific answer on that. So I am looking elsewhere.

Autumn Embers is one of the scents I didn't have left in my inventory.  I'm sure Travis would be happy to have it duped :)  They'll need an ounce to send to their manufacturers. 

Edited by number2of7

I have been getting my pillar wax - 4625 from them, my wicks and also salsa jars.  Just wish they would get 4786 wax.  I order today and get it tomorrow.  Their shipping is very reasonable.  Used some of their oils and really like them.  Really like the Apple Ginger Crust also!  Several more but can't think of them just now.  The only problem is if you are from GA you have to pay sales tax. :(

Has anyone tried The Flaming Candle's Merlin's Forest?  Is it comparable to the one MW carried?

TIA

Yes, that's one I sent him and gave the approval for the samples he sent back.  The only thing I find lacking in any MW dupes I've tried is that there was always a "depth" at the bottom of MW oils that isn't found in the dupes.  Once they're in wax though, I don't notice a difference big enough to matter.

• Like 2

Yes, that's one I sent him and gave the approval for the samples he sent back.  The only thing I find lacking in any MW dupes I've tried is that there was always a "depth" at the bottom of MW oils that isn't found in the dupes.  Once they're in wax though, I don't notice a difference big enough to matter.

WOW!!!!!! Thank-You, N2of7 An actual conversation with one of the owners!!!!!! How awesome!

I'm sending Autumn Embers for CandyBee, Hotel Costes for Moonshine & I.  I only have 1/2 an ounce of Guinevere's Attraction, does anyone have some of that one? That's one they are interested in also. 

They are thinking of bringing in the following 4, they are able to aquire them, but not if no one wants them: I want S&E & Fairy Garden.

Fairy Garden

Tea & Cakes

Sun & Earth

Celestial Seas - They need to see 1st if there is a demand for them (hope I'm saying this correctly) They can't bring a whole bunch in, at once & no one buy them. There's no point in sending all of the ones I have from MWs at this time, so I'm sending the ones that are wanted.

In a day or 2, these 3 will be available for purchasing:

Leaves

Floral Muse

Sandalwood Rose

I'm going to send a couple of my favorites from CC, just in case they might be interested in them. I hope I've repeated everything correctly, I was so darn excited to talk to an owner that's interested in what I was calling about, that I might have screwed something up.

Thanks again, N2of7!

• Like 1

I do have some Guinevere's Attraction -- I never got around to testing it.  As soon as Sandalwood Rose and Floral Muse is in stock, I'm making a trip up there to get some.  I'll carry him an ounce of G.A. for you :)

I will eventually need the four you mentioned (Fairy Garden, Tea & Cakes, Celestial Sea, and Sun & Earth) -- I gave him the oils to dupe, but let him know that I was okay on stock for the moment.....still have the MW versions.

What is this Hotel Costes you speak of??  I've never ordered from SC...

I do have some Guinevere's Attraction -- I never got around to testing it.  As soon as Sandalwood Rose and Floral Muse is in stock, I'm making a trip up there to get some.  I'll carry him an ounce of G.A. for you :)

I will eventually need the four you mentioned (Fairy Garden, Tea & Cakes, Celestial Sea, and Sun & Earth) -- I gave him the oils to dupe, but let him know that I was okay on stock for the moment.....still have the MW versions.

What is this Hotel Costes you speak of??  I've never ordered from SC...

Great, Thanks!  I'm so glad you gave them Sun & Earth, it is one of my favorites, I hope there will be enough interest. I've heard about Floral Muse, but not Sandalwood Rose, what are they like?

Hotel Costes was recommended by Moonshine, it's $53.00 a pound & one of the best scents I've had. I would love to put it into lotions & soap, but at that price, not sure I could sell it. I'm not good at describing, it's a little musky, lemony, flowery, woodsy,  just good!

Edited by ChandlerWicks