Favorites from Rustic Essentials

RWV

I just went thru their site to see what else I could try...

I use the following now

Badedas- very different clean scent

Birthday cake- SNC- I love this and am not a big fan of sweet

Blue skies- people LOVE this scent over clean cotton and downy

Peach pie filling

Rose geranium

Sage and sweetgrass

Welcome home

My "Must Haves" from AH/RE:

Grandma's Cupboard--AWESOME! If you are considering this one....you have to try it...yummy!

Raspberry Tomato Leaf

Oatmeal Milk & Honey

Green Tea & Cucumber

Bonfire Bliss

Apple Clove Butter

Apples & Oats--One of my personal FAVES!!

Toasted Marshmallows

Pink Lilac & Willow

Reading everyone's suggestions & getting my order together....great post!!   :)

I just went thru their site to see what else I could try...

I use the following now

Badedas- very different clean scent

Birthday cake- SNC- I love this and am not a big fan of sweet

Blue skies- people LOVE this scent over clean cotton and downy

Peach pie filling

Rose geranium

Sage and sweetgrass

Welcome home

Need some help? LMAO!

Grandma's Cupboard is the best cookie/bread/baked good I have ever smelled! I smell spice, along with the Oatmeal Raisin and some vanilla sugar cookie, maybe?  If you are not into bakery, this is not for you.  If you are....this is DROOL worthy!  VERY strong at 4-5 % in soy. 

"The warm aroma of spiced oatmeal raisin cookies baking in the oven."

• 1 year later...
On July 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Chefmom said:

I have had a small list from them for awhile, a good sale usually jumpstarts me. So, I bit the bullet and joined in, I ordered 42 (are the two samples also 1 ounce or a smaller "sniffie" size?).

I did order a sample of lip balm base to compare to basic homemade. :)

........enablers.............

I know this is an old post but Im wanting to order flavor oils from Rustic and was pondering the lip balm base myself. Did you ever try it - if so what did 

you think ? What about flavor oils, did you try any. Ive never used flavor oils before just EO so I don't know where to even try some from.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer :) 

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I know this is an old post but Im wanting to order flavor oils from Rustic and was pondering the lip balm base myself. Did you ever try it - if so what did 

you think ? What about flavor oils, did you try any. Ive never used flavor oils before just EO so I don't know where to even try some from.

Never tried their base (I formulated my own) so I can't speak to that, but most of their flavor oils are really, really good. I blend quite a few to come up with original flavors people go crazy over.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Yes, I did try the lip balm base.  I can't remember off hand which one...but I didn't like it.  Now that I've made my own base I think its the castor oil that I don't like the most.  It's really really slick on the lips and to me it feels greasy.  I ended up making one that I liked with no castor oil, but doesn't pass my husbands "pocket" test and it ends up melting in the summer.  He went back to using burts bees because its much more waxy than I wanted to make, and I have yet to solve the fact that shea butter (which I really like) goes grainy within a month. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chefmom said:

Yes, I did try the lip balm base.  I can't remember off hand which one...but I didn't like it.  Now that I've made my own base I think its the castor oil that I don't like the most.  It's really really slick on the lips and to me it feels greasy.  I ended up making one that I liked with no castor oil, but doesn't pass my husbands "pocket" test and it ends up melting in the summer.  He went back to using burts bees because its much more waxy than I wanted to make, and I have yet to solve the fact that shea butter (which I really like) goes grainy within a month. 

Thanks for letting me know :) The butterez works pretty well - not sure if you've ever tried it, it has helped with grainy feel you get from shea :(

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/butterez-trade.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On August 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM, sandy511 said:

My "Must Haves" from AH/RE:

Grandma's Cupboard--AWESOME! If you are considering this one....you have to try it...yummy!

Raspberry Tomato Leaf

Oatmeal Milk & Honey

Green Tea & Cucumber

Bonfire Bliss

Apple Clove Butter

Apples & Oats--One of my personal FAVES!!

Toasted Marshmallows

Pink Lilac & Willow

Reading everyone's suggestions & getting my order together....great post!!   :)

Theres several oatmeal Milk + Honey - which do you get - the KY ? I have Grandmas Cupboard - Apple clove Butter - Apples n Oats - Taosted Marshmallow 

and Bonfire bliss in my cart :) Do you use soy or parasoy ? thanks so much for your input !

19 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Theres several oatmeal Milk + Honey - which do you get - the KY ? I have Grandmas Cupboard - Apple clove Butter - Apples n Oats - Taosted Marshmallow 

and Bonfire bliss in my cart :) Do you use soy or parasoy ? thanks so much for your input !

:lol:too many decisions....lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

I like in my wax GB 415

Main St. Christmas

Juniper berry & spruce

de lime in a da coconut  

pomelo sage

in soap

calabrian bergamot & violet 

interlude

cranberry yuzu

Fiji Fig & Lemon....I only had a 1 oz size, and used it in sugar scrub...and I love it..

I think it has a very hi end smell to it..

i am going to buy more and try it in soap & candles..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I use soy and I use the Oatmeal, Milk & Honey (CM) version. I think it was Chermark?

Some of my other favorites are:

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg

Main St. Christmas

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel

Pumpkin Pie (KY)

Rustic Lodge &

Bora Bora

Getting my list together for them as well :)

• Like 1