Favorites from Rustic Essentials

RWV

Searched this but haven't ordered from them lately and was wondering what your favorites are from them. Since samples are <edited to say on sale to remove specifics>, want to load up and try some new ones. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Scented

My favorites are:

Baked Apple (Home Interiors type)

Flannel Sheets-clean, laundry type

Homemade Apple Pie (KY)

Toasted Marshmallow-the best "vanilla" I have. If you make bath and body this is a must!

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg

Spiced Apples and Peaches

Banana Walnut Cake

Key Lime-this one I call Key Lime Pie. I smell cream and graham cracker crust, not just lime.

This is what I've tried and love!

Toasted marshmallow

Birthday Cake (Snc)

Celtic Moonspice

Dream catcher

pumpkin butter brûlée

Amaretto

Amaretto Tiramusu

Southern Pecan pie

Kickin Caramel

Amish Quilt

Banana Walnut Cake

Candied ginger

Funnel Cake

Key Lime

I don't think you can go wrong with them!

HTH

I've only seen Hawaiian Sandalwood but it's a darn good one. Haven't yet ordered the AH version, I assume it's the same as TW. Some of my favs:

Country Christmas

Blissful Blackberry (wonderful in B&B products)

Interlude

Blue Skies

Sweet Amber Musk

Pumpkin Creme Brulee

Christmas Bliss

Herbal Raspberry

My must haves are amish quilt, black currant tea, dream catcher smells amazing though I haven't put it in wax yet. there's a cinnamon baklava that smells TDF though I haven't used it in wax yet either!

It is getting hard to select FO's form RE that I have not already tried! Taking a risk on some that are outside of what I normally might try or similar to/same as scents I already have in my line up and which I am satisfied.

I am open to hearing feedback on any I have selected if anyone has tried them.

I am planning on ordering the following (includes my 2 gift FO's):

1. Apple Harvest Festival
  2. Autumn Spice
  3. Bird of Paradise
  4. Cider Barrel
  5. Cinnamon Glazed Baklava
  6. Cinnamon Toast
  7. Cranapple
  8. Cranberry Cinnamon
  9. Funnel Cake
  10. Gingerbread Pumpkin
  11. Glazed Doughnut
  12. Grandma’s Cupboard
  13. Island Cocktail
  14. Lemon Sugar Bundt Cake
  15. Mabel’s Mint Sugar Cookie
  16. Monkey Bread
  17. Pickin’ Pumpkin
  18. Pie Crust
  19. Pineapple and Brown Sugar
  20. Sugar Cookie
  21. Vanilla Butter Fudge
  22. Warm ‘n Cozy

I love love love vanilla butter fudge and warm & cozy. I just put grandma's cupboard in wax but haven't melted it yet. I added a splash of candlewic pumpkin ginger streusel to the grandma's cupboard so I am hoping I like the combo.

I love love love vanilla butter fudge and warm & cozy. I just put grandma's cupboard in wax but haven't melted it yet. I added a splash of candlewic pumpkin ginger streusel to the grandma's cupboard so I am hoping I like the combo.

Sounds yummy! I have tried plenty of supplier's (RE's as well) Grandma's KITCHEN but not Grandma's Cupboard.

I seem to like what you like so I hope for some winners!

I tried Country Gift Shop. I know we all smell things differently, but the rose notes were so heavy to me! I had high hopes that it was going to be similar to McCall's Country Store (my FAVORITE commercial wax melt scent) and it had so many great spicy notes but the rose/rosehip scent lost me. I have given up on dupes of Home Sweet Home for the same reason. Heavy on the rose.

I am a big gardener and grow English roses. I love them and their scent. I just do not like rose in the house.

Gotcha. You're right about smelling things differently. I hear you. Funny about McCalls.......McCall's Mulberry is my favorite commercial candle scent. Their Country Store is superb. There are some almost dead on dupes out there (under different names).

Now that I've sidetracked. Back to Rustic Escentuals scents.

Edited by marcuset
fibro fog kicking in tonight

Gotcha. You're right about smelling things differently. I hear you. Funny about McCalls.......McCall's Mulberry is my favorite commercial candle scent. Their Country Store is superb. There are some almost dead on dupes out there (under different names).

Now that I've sidetracked. Back to Rustic Escentuals scents.

Okay, funny McCall's/people smelling things differently story. I also love their Mulberry. RE's Mulberry (HI type) is the closest I found to theirs.

My husband is quiet and never comments on my wax, scents or really any crazy thing I do. Opposites do attract! Anyhow, I was stunned one day when he commented that he really liked the wax scent in the master bath. He said, "That one (pointing to the warmer) really smells good". "Like Cedar." "CEDAR??? That is Mulberry!!"

Okay. NOW back to RE chat!!

Karen on your list the only ones I've tried are

funnel cake-loved it!

lemon sugar bundt cake-good! I think I like other lemon pound cakes better but it's still good,

I have mabels mint sugar cookie. Smells ok OOB but I mixed Mrs. Claus cookies and peppermint meringue (JS) and I like it better.

Vanilla Butter fudge-great scent but to me it is kind of weak but it could just be my methods. It gets good reviews on here.

Bird of Paradise-really smells nice!

That's the only ones on your list that I've bought or tried.

HTH

Thanks, Belinda!

I placed my order. Looking forward to a 4 day weekend to pour. While I will not have these FO's, of course, I am hoping another order that I placed a couple of days ago arrives by the weekend. Otherwise, it is jut repours and the only remaining 8-10 scents in my house that have not yet hit wax!

I noticed a lot of people enjoy the Toasted Marshmallow. Can you tell me if this is just a Sweet Vanilla? I'm looking for a Toasted Marshmallow that has the toasted note also. Has anybody tried the Bonfire Bliss? Based on the description, sounds like it has more of the toasted note than the Marshmallow one. Thanks!

I noticed a lot of people enjoy the Toasted Marshmallow. Can you tell me if this is just a Sweet Vanilla? I'm looking for a Toasted Marshmallow that has the toasted note also. Has anybody tried the Bonfire Bliss? Based on the description, sounds like it has more of the toasted note than the Marshmallow one. Thanks!

It is truly the sweetest, yummiest vanilla. There is no smoke, nor to I particularly get any toasted notes.

Of the ones that I have tried, these are my favorites from AHRE:

Apple & Pumpkin Strudel

Blueberry Muffin (SnC)

Candy Cane (LW) - smells a lot like Slatkin's Twisted Peppermint

Cherry Mist (CM) - very good cherry (does not smell medicinal to my nose) with a hint of spice...possibly cinnamom. It is a yummy blender with vanillas!

Flannel Sheets

Kettle Corn - so incredibly yummy!

Mabel's Mint Sugar Cookie - I detect an off note when I sniff OOB, and it is more pronounced when I mixed it in my lotion base. :( I was about to give up on it when I decided to mix it with some cob for a car sachet...let me tell you, it was AMAZING!! I have yet to put it in wax, and hope ever so desperately that it does well because it smells soooooo very good!

Satsuma (Body Shop)

Southern Sunshine

Toasted Marshmallow (KY)

Welcome Home

White Cake

My AHRE wishlist is shamefully long, and I am having a hard time picking just 20 (my budgetary limit)...and this thread is not making it any easier! :)

I also appreciate the recs from AH, and have my list going- I agree, it's hard to narrow down to 20, and of all things I promised myself that ordering from AH would be my reward after getting some deep cleaning/closet organizing done first, so I better get to work fast before the sale ends! :)