Is this really that ugly?

Trappeur

I had quite a few left over candles of the Peppermint Blend I made left over from Christmas from one of my accounts.  What I usually do with my accounts if there are any left overs after the holiday I just replace the Christmas labels with their own regular every day label and rename the scent if I have to.  I sold quite a few of them and I guess I went a little to crazy making so many more than what was sold, but no problem, they will sell after relabeled I think (I hope)....So now that Valentines day is next month and I always do a special edition of a Valentines collection I made up a new label for the Peppermint blend and I was really wanting it to be a funzy whimsical label so I came up with the following label.  I really thought I could do something a little different for a peppermint candle but all the looks I came upon were a Christmas look using that scent name.  So then I found this bakery design of what looks like cream puffs and I added a touch of black to really make it pop.  When I showed it to my friend, she said she was really surprized of what it looked like as she said it was just so horrible this label compared to what I usually design.  She hasn't stopped talking about this label for days as she can't believe how ugly and tacky it was...I want to pop her one, it's getting on my nerves..I mean if you don't like well heck, you don't like but don't keep putting me down and keep reminding me about it.  Tell my once and I get the picture and my feeling don't get hurt....Just stop rubbing it in....Hey I'm no pro and we all make mistakes and I guess by the sounds of what she say, I made a huge mistake.  But I went and ordered the labels which will be here tomorrow.   So would you be embarrassed to put this label on a jar?   Is it really that ugly pugly?  You won't hurt my feelings.  Is it really that bad?   I thought being whimsical maybe it could be a peppermint cream puff???? I don't know......lol..... My honest opinion is I like it...I really do....And it's for only a dozen candles..no biggy.....I made up some other whimsical labels that are going in the store and this fits right in I believe......well so I think so....So here it is....Don't worry if anyone thinks they will hurt my feelings...as you won't.  I always ask here first for opinions on labels when I make them up anyway.   By the way I have another collection I made for the same store in a Valentines look and it is sooooo totally different than this one and I'm sure you all will like much better.  It's an upscale real classy look I think done in the reds so I thought I would put a few of these peppermint in that collection too.  So I'm really curious to see if I should just chuck these labels and not put them in the whimsical line....

Thanks for honest opinions......

Trappeur

Ok here is the one that is the problem ugly label she said is no good.

5a66062af380e_valentinesdaypeppermint.thumb.jpg.bd182e237e1df37b21fc47426e4cf96a.jpg

Now here is the second Valentines day collection of candles that are going in the shop.   It is entirely different, but it's supposed to be.

5a6606c39d4f4_cinnnhearts.thumb.jpg.062bc0de898ef41a5d73c52f6e59a3a2.jpg

5a66074c2663e_MerciersFinalValentine1-Copy.jpg.38da69b455e249eeb199160ae1c6ef05.jpg

Here is the peppermint heart one.

5a66080513d0b_Peppermenthearts.thumb.jpg.96833eec34015bde05b09f5ae1aa707e.jpg

• Like 1

Trapp.....I absolutely love the whimsical label....you were going after whimsical and you got it down pat!

It is eye catching and the fact that you named it Peppermint Treats, the foodie art is perfect!

It made me smile!!!  Which means I would pick it up off the shelf!

Edited by barbaranj
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, barbaranj said:

Trapp.....I absolutely love the whimsical label....you were going after whimsical and you got it down pat!

It is eye catching and the fact that you named it Peppermint Treats, the foodie art is perfect!

It made me smile!!!  Which means I would pick it up off the shelf!

Perfect description @barbaranj.  Love that touch of green.  I would definitely pick that one up to smell!  Great job as always.

GoldieMN

• Like 2

:wacko: Trapp, your labe;'s fine, your poor friend, though... Sheesh... 

Hey I KNOW! Bring her some Midol and offer it to her with the comment :

"Hey, hon... I brought you something I think might make you less 3itchy..."* 

All the labels are awesome Trapp! 

Slainte,

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

*Not my joke. Blame Ron White. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love love love lime green and pink together!! It just looks so fun and whimsical, and the macaroons on the label are perfect with the fragrance and feel!

If we're being honest here Trapp, the other labels are nice but a little ho-hum to me, although I could see them paired with a red heart chocolate box for a lovely Valentine's gift. The fun labels on a candle with some gourmet flavored coffee and macaroons? Well, if my husband got me that, he'd have a great Valentine's Day for sure! 😉 Hope he reads this! 😄

Great job as always Trapp, and I agree with Sponie, somebody needs to lay off the B*tchy Flakes in the morning. 😝

• Like 1

I think all your labels are cute and I love the peppermint one as well. I have the same problem with selling peppermint candles so I never make more than a half dozen for the holidays.

What was your peppermint? It can make a difference. The peppermint candle I made this year (last Christmas) was the mistletoe + candy cane combo with a bit of peppermint and vanilla added to it. I called it White Christmas this year and it started selling when I set out a lighted sample candle of it for customers to smell. That sold it and this past Christmas is how I finally got my peppermint type candles to sell!

So give your wholesale account an extra peppermint candle to burn in their shop if they are willing. That will sell the candle more than anything.

Edited by Candybee

54 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I think all your labels are cute and I love the peppermint one as well. I have the same problem with selling peppermint candles so I never make more than a half dozen for the holidays.

What was your peppermint? It can make a difference. The peppermint candle I made this year (last Christmas) was the mistletoe + candy cane combo with a bit of peppermint and vanilla added to it. I called it White Christmas this year and it started selling when I set out a lighted sample candle of it for customers to smell. That sold it and this past Christmas is how I finally got my peppermint type candles to sell!

So give your wholesale account an extra peppermint candle to burn in their shop if they are willing. That will sell the candle more than anything.

It was your blend! lol....I love it..and a lot sold.  I just made too many extra.  Yes, I will give her an extra one.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

Well, for this account....I'm just putting right over them.   Normally I would take the jars home and peel off the label as best as I could  which isn't easy as I have to use some soap and water to scrub off the sticky residue.  But one time I just got lazy and slapped them on and they STICK real good and don't peel off the other one.  They never noticed anything.

Trappeur

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Well, for this account....I'm just putting right over them.   Normally I would take the jars home and peel off the label as best as I could  which isn't easy as I have to use some soap and water to scrub off the sticky residue.  But one time I just got lazy and slapped them on and they STICK real good and don't peel off the other one.  They never noticed anything.

Trappeur

Git ye to your local hardware or auto parts store and pick up a bottle of Goo Gone. It easily takes off that tacky, sticky label residue. The stuff is amazing! Been using it for years when someone else here posted about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

Git ye to your local hardware or auto parts store and pick up a bottle of Goo Gone. It easily takes off that tacky, sticky label residue. The stuff is amazing! Been using it for years when someone else here posted about it.

Yea man, I will!   Gotta go to Ace tomorrow and will git!

Trappeur

All of them look cute to me. Do you make them yourself? If so, what program do you use, and what printer do you print them on? BTW orange or eucalyptus essential oils take off any type of stickiness super fast.

Ok, now I see you make them in Zazzle. 

Edited by Jeana

On 1/23/2018 at 4:15 PM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

*Whispers* Use Zippo Lighter fluid... Use Zippo LIiiiiiGHTER fluid Trapp.... Just squirt a little on the label edge and let it soak for a few seconds and then peel off. Wipe the residue off with a little lighter fluid on a paper towel.. The lighter fluid evaporates and leaves no residue...  (yes, I'm STILL whispering) 

5a6947e83bf49_skywalkerhesrightyouCANuselighterfluid.jpg.1ebbd44932e74f3de075961027623cdd.jpg

• Haha 1

Thankyou Candybee, TT, Ians and Sponie for all those great little tips to remove label.  Geesh you would have thought I would have at least one of those solvents, but nope.   I should have some of these things anyway.....  Hitting Ace Hardware today...:D

Trappeur

• Like 1