do you do soap AND candles, or just one?

Loolee

do you do soap only, candles only or both?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. do you do soap only, candles only or both?

• soap only
    • candles only
    • both soap and candles
    • neither, just getting started/looking into it

Ditto. With the exception that I make most of my candles in the fall and holiday season... well I make a lot of soap too but with soap I make a lot year round.

That's one reason I started with the soaps/lotions. Although, I'm busier this year than I have been in quite a while. It's rare to have big orders in June for candles for us. I was counting on it for project working time this year. Go figure.

Started with CP, then tackled all things B&B and finally mastered candles. It's a whole lot more work and inventory expense now with all the various products. Some days I question if the bottom line is that much thicker than if I had just stuck with soap. Sure would be simpler to tote and display just one product line at shows...

I started in 2007 making soy container candles. Then, started reading the threads on this forum and thought I can do that, so 3 years later, I'm addicted to soapmaking. Mostly CP soap but have tried HP. Now I sell my goodies at a craft mall. I sell soy melts and candles, lotion,bath bombs and men's shaving soap in my booth.

I'm hoping in the near future to try making liquid hand soap and shower gel. If there was only more hours in the day!!!LOL

Started making candles 10 yrs ago, added cp and B&B products 5 yrs ago. All sell well, but other than fundraisers, we sell more soaps, B&B Jan - August. More candles Sep-Dec. I use most of the same FOs in all products so can buy in larger quantities. I love our soaps, but prefer making candles. Carole

Only soy candles and melts for me....I tried kitn's sugar scrub recipe and that is as far as I go regarding B & B products!

Way to chicken to even consider soaps not to mention all the $ I have spent on soy alone trying to figure out a formula that works to my liking- soap would bankrupt me and put me in a padded room! Not going there...it is cheaper for me to buy from all you wonderful seasoned soap and B & B makers! However I do make EO products with carrier oils mainly for my horses- I won't sell to humans due to possible mis-use of product and all of the warnings of use in specific medical conditions- people are way to sue happy these days and don't read the warnings

I make CP soap, bath salts, lotions and such. I do make candles, but just for me and family. Those are way to complex, but I do like to have some in the house in case of power outages or smelly house syndrome.

I've been baking my whole life (since I was 4 and learned to read cookbooks), knitting, crochet since I was 6 or 7. Tinkering with recipes in my teens, heritage embroidery and quilting in college, counted cross stitch somewhere along the way, sewing clothes along the way. Cake decorating after getting married, more sewing and crafts during the young mother years.

Well, soap came 10 years ago, candles one year ago, textile arts and now rug making.

It is great, I love to multitask. I can watch "telly" online while test burning candles on my desk and work on my knitting, rug etc project while my soap cooks in the crock pot!!! :)

.....oooh, pottery came 9 years ago, it's great because it uses baking and cake decorating skills mixed in with art and kitchen needs. And I make all kinds of fun accessories for my soap and candles!!

Edited by Chefmom