Breast Milk Soap???

I was just cruising YouTube today looking at soap making/ cutting videos and found two ladies that made a batch of soap using human breast milk. It wasn't to sell but for the families personal use. At first I thought it was very strange and I kinda still do but it was very interesting to look at. Here is the link below if anyone wants to check it out. :grin2:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could sell their breast milk on the black market and make $$$!

My niece's breast milk gradually diminished to nothing when nursing her 3 month old and her sister-in-law who has a freezer full of it gladly supplies my niece with her breast milk.

My daughter works with a nurse who not only nurses her own child, but has enough milk to supply two other mothers for their infants.

My daughter works and when I babysit my grandson, I feed him breast milk my daughter has pumped and froze.

I use frozen goatmilk for soap. It's not much different. It's just the idea.

Would I make breastmilk soap with my daughter' milk for my grandchild? Absolutely. But I don't think she'll ask :)

It would gross me out, even if it stuck within the family. Yuck! I would never let my kids have someone else's milk either. Just weird to me....don't get me started. Unless, of course, we were starving. My babies were on soy formula and were very healthy as I was when I was on soy formula as a baby. Breast milk is best they say, but they can be just as healthy without it. My babies did as well as my breast fed friend's babies.

Edited by Holly

I have a suspicion you all would be in a perpetual state of revulsion if you knew half of what you're putting in or on your bodies.

To me, it makes no sense that you would bathe in goat's milk soap but not human breast milk. I guess none of you would want to use a wet nurse for your hungry baby.

And you probably smear emu oil all over your faces and don't give it a second thought.

puplaugh.gif

Both of my kids are well over breast feeding age, and I still haven't lost my milk supply, so I watched this with more of a "hmm..." type of thought. It isn't icky to me, just kinda curious. Am I volunteering to pump to experiment with it? Naah. I'll pass.

I remember this issue being raised some years back. The general consensus was the same. Most thought it repulsive. I don't see how it would be so different in soap than other milks. But I think the general public is not ready for it. I would try it if someone gave me a bar just to see what it was like.

I remember this issue being raised some years back. The general consensus was the same. Most thought it repulsive. I don't see how it would be so different in soap than other milks. But I think the general public is not ready for it. I would try it if someone gave me a bar just to see what it was like.

I see what you mean to an extent. But I would not use it. I eat pork, but I would never eat a dog or a cat- even though all are meat sources. I use milk soap, but never would use breast milk soap.

I see what you mean to an extent. But I would not use it. I eat pork, but I would never eat a dog or a cat- even though all are meat sources. I use milk soap, but never would use breast milk soap.

Exactly, that is how it is for me too. It is just gross to me. I would not even want to use my own breast milk soap. eewww Just weird and NOT necessary.

Isn't it weird how we will use milk from a farm animals boobie, yes I know they are teats :) but cringe at using something from a human boobie. We are a strange breed!!! LOL

Edited by KrazeKelly

I prefer to work around animals if doctoring them than humas too, except for my kids. I guess it is normal for most people to be grossed out by human fluids, etc. than animals. I rather have a dog sneeze in my food or breath on it than a person! lol I would rather find a dog hair or horse hair in my food than a person's....yuck. I would rather clean up dog mess than people mess as well....if it is not within the family, especially. I guess we are a strange breed.

I think it is also what we view as "customary". I breast fed three kids and it honestly never on me dawned on me to soap the milk. I guess it is what you are used to and what is extreme and even necessary.