Presto Pot? is it worth the cost for small candlemaking people?

I couldn't get along without mine. Probably depends on how much you are making... how often are you melting wax? It'll be a personal decision, but if you are melting more once a week or so I'd have to think it would be worth it - it just makes it so much easier!

Even if you're only going to do 3 lbs of wax up, you can put in how ever much you want, get it hot, use what you want, then turn it off and put the lid on it nice and tight, and it'll be good to go next time, just heat it back up.. use it as a melter and a storage unit. Doesn't take up much space at all and really .. who wants to clean up a double boiler every single time you pour a lb or two of wax ?

I have another option for you.

When I am not using my wax melter because I only want to heat 1 lb or less wax I use a flat electric griddle pan. I put my wax in my pour pot and on to the griddle to melt it. Works like a charm without having to heat up the meltor for a small 1 lb batch of wax.

I use it all the time for keeping my pour pots hot while stirring wax and adding FO, dye, etc. Never make candles without it. But it is also useful in making a very small batch of wax too as I mentioned.

Sorry I just can't stand using the double boiler method. Ick!! Never again.

Edited by Candybee

Sorry I just can't stand using the double boiler method. Ick!! Never again.

Ditto. Been there, done that, cleaned up the last mess.

I really can't see having to store another piece of cookware that I don't use much.

If you are pouring THAT few candles, all your supplies should fit neatly into the Presto. :-)

I use the large commercial melters mainly but LOVE my Presto for testing and small pours. I have used this Presto for over 8 years now and never had any problem with the coating chipping off like some others have had. I was just wondering where to get a replacement when this one dies. The ones at Walmart now are smaller than mine that I bought 8 years ago....don't they make this size anymore?