WSP prices

botanica

Holy cow! I haven't ordered in a while but WSP raised their prices a lot. I have ordered the essential oil blends in the past, but have to reconsider now. I know that shipping is included, but geese!! When did this happen and have you all noticed price increases everywhere? Where do you get your essential oil blends? I need a new supplier I think.

Thanks!!!

I really HATE paying her prices, but the few I have purchased from her have been excellent. The odor eliminator Seaside Cotton is great, similar to MW Celestial Sea,(NOT exact!), and really helped my breeder with "doggie odor" issues. Aqua Spa is like CW "Spa" except much stronger, and I have been getting rave reviews on her Honey and Ultimate Cleansing M&P soap bases for their lather and mildness. I am dying to try her YC dupe "Autumn Wreath". That is my ALL time fav candle scent, but I hate giving her any more $$$. I definitely try to give my business to the companies that price and ship fairly, and the two that I know of in my area, Moonworks and Bluegrass, I have visited personally, and know them to be great people with high quality product. Just wish either of them had a Autumn Wreath dupe!

Same here. Quit buying from WSP quite some time ago, and not going back. Outrageous prices, they seem to change their policies and prices every few months, feed us the line it's all done to help our business grow. BS, that's what I say!

Found what I used to buy from WSP from other suppliers, same - if not better - quality and lower prices. Bye bye, WSP! :-(

We live about 45 minutes from WSP as well and once they started this "Free Shipping" crap, that's when they lost our business.... Since then we did have to get a couple things and each time there was a different "policy" and it just got crazy.... Then they stopped the shipping discount when you picked up... That was the final straw..... That greedy woman will never see another dime from us either..... Not when NG is not much further away for us =)

Omg I am out of my mind right now!! I had some of their essential oil blends and was basing my "new" line on them and went in to their site and BAM! Insanely outrageous prices. To say I'm in a panic is an understatement. Are there any other places to get essential oils and blends at a reasonable price? (I did find the essential wholesale link but wondered if anyone had any others?)

I am DONE with WSP, for reasons you all have already mentioned. Small businesses having to try to cope with all the price increases in regards to everything is getting to be too much. I'm starting to get worried about how to deal with it all. Ugh...

How does this place stay in business? I never shopped there because of the constantly shifting policies and "free shipping" crap. But seriously, how does a business like that stay open when so many really good suppliers keep going belly up? Boggles my mind. And as far as the "no discount to pick up", how can anybody look at themselves in the mirror when they do this to people??? They need to go away..

How does this place stay in business?

Honestly, I believe that they are still in business for a couple of reasons: They are near the top of the search engine. They are close to the east which is heavily populated. Their "free shipping crap looks good to a person who has not shopped around. (We all KNOW that it a "shipping included" rate, not "free shipping".) WSP is also a one-stop shopping store. To a newbie, their enormously stocked store looks so inviting. " I have found great replacements from Peaks, NG, and The Chemistry Store.

Honestly, I believe that they are still in business for a couple of reasons: They are near the top of the search engine. They are close to the east which is heavily populated. Their "free shipping crap looks good to a person who has not shopped around. (We all KNOW that it a "shipping included" rate, not "free shipping".) WSP is also a one-stop shopping store. To a newbie, their enormously stocked store looks so inviting. " I have found great replacements from Peaks, NG, and The Chemistry Store.

I don't think I could had said it better then this...

WSP or should I say Debbie Mae(correct my spelling if I am wrong), has positioned herself in the market as an authority with her blogs, so call mentoring and so on and so on... The part that really kills me about her entire business model is she has blatantly took ideas, themes and even names of OTHER good suppliers "things" and called them her own and claims to be the FIRST to come up with said ideas..... It's just sickening but to the newbies out there, she looks pretty dang good.... UGH!

I see that they have a $30 minimum and then it says if you don't meet the minimum they will bump your order up to $30 so you do. Wth... Sheesh. Everytime I've had to contact them over something the service reps were really rude also.

I'm feeling lost about the essential oils now, ugh.

We have loads of options available for EO's and FO's through vendors who are more courteous and appreciative than wsp. Blending EO's isn't too difficult with good base scents, a handful of qtips and some patience.

I purchased from wsp exactly once for FO's several years back - before the nonsense with the free shipping. Decided back then the vendor was not for me. The FO's were terrible compared to so many of the reasonably priced alternatives available from companies who remain stable with their policies.

I refuse to be dictated to by a vendor. Period.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your responses! My main issue was the essential oil blends. They used to be one price, then they changed their pricing structure. I was fine with that, as you should be paying different prices for different oils. But, now they are just astronomical. I didn't know if this was the same with different suppliers or if it was just them. I know essential oil prices vary so I do expect this. I'm looking for new suppliers. Just curious, does anyone know what carrier WSP's essentil oil blends are made with?

WSP's blends as well as the "straight" e/os do not have carrier oils, they are certified "pure" which I do happen to like for the market I sell to. I too have found other sources for most things but my problem is the all natural base which she calls something else now, detergent free I think. I want to switch to SFIC bases direct from the mfg which unfortunately I can't right now ... Lots of really good f/o suppliers - for e/os I watch prices at a lot of places since those prices do fluctuate a lot. The biggest shocker for me was Patchouli after the Indonesian tsunami. Luckily I had just bought a year's supply! When I see if I'm going to continue my business (due to two moves in two years), I'll pick everybody's brain about bases.....

LOL--that's a good idea! Go for it!

:mad:What I plan to do (IF I ever order from there again!) is to place however many multiple orders for one item a day, then they'll have to package and ship each individual item at full shipping cost. No savings on bulk shipping for them! :naughty: