Looking for vanilla that SELLS!

Whisper Girl

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome! I will say that it's not a really sweet, creamy vanilla, if that's what you're looking for. It's more of a vanilla extract scent. the description from the site mentions citrus - I don't get any of that, though. The floral & amber I pick up, but vanilla is definitely prominent and very pleasant and soothing. HTH

We use Mexican Vanilla from Southwest (formerly JBN) -- it's that creamy, non-bakery vanilla. Some say it's a twin to CS Very Vanilla that Trappeur mentioned above. I actually have both of them and they are very close, but to me, the VV is slightly sweeter than MV.

The only vanilla I have been able to sell is one I mix myself. I use 4 parts of CS Vanilla Lace with 1 part CS Buttercream. It also makes the richest, creamiest, best smelling vanilla I have ever used. So far nothing else comes close.

I also used to use CS Very Vanilla but couldn't take it anymore because it has an off smell to me and tends to make my candles have a sour smell. Same thing if you use it as a mixer. It ruins anything you mix with it. Thats when I started searching for the best vanilla I could find.

Another solid, strong, good vanilla is C&S Vanilla Pods. It reminds me of the old fashioned vanilla candles I used to buy as a girl. Just a great smelling no nonsense true vanilla.

I don't care for the vanilla voodoo (CC), very vanilla (CS), or any that smell similar to those--they have an odd undertone to them. I've been trying to find the perfect vanilla for me--smooth, creamy, slightly sweet with no butter, maple, almond or caramel notes and no weird undertones when burning. I've tried vanilla bean supreme (BCN), vanilla pods (C&S), vanilla delicious (Daystar), vanilla (Genwax), creamy vanila (LS), and others I can't think of right now. I have yet to find one that both smells good AND throws well for me in my parasoy blend. Years ago I used vanilla velvet from BCN but it was just OK. The only one I carry now is Mexican vanilla from Tyler (used to be Starrville)--it's not the perfect vanilla but it's rich and throws well. I'm still, however, on the hunt. Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

• Thanks 1

I think you have a very good point. Whats popular this year may not sell the next. Happens all the time. However, Vanilla is a classic and continues to sell regardless-- just not quite so fervently. But I know the moment I don't have one I will get those disappointed looks from customers. Besides-- its always good to have a great vanilla even if you only use it as a mixer. Not just any vanilla will do. You need a good one to make a great blend.

HI LeahRB,

I'll have to check my notes to see if I've tried Peaks FV--if not, I'll definitely get it with my next order from them.

RWV, have you tried Peak's French Vanilla?.. It throws really good and it is my favorite. It is a good, smooth vanilla.

There will be vanilla lovers and vanilla haters!! I know that I am the LOVER!!! LOL

Me too. Believe it or not, when I am burning one of my candles just for my own enjoyment, I burn vanilla. (Very Vanilla from CS is my favorite.)

Edited by deb426