Australian Bamboo Grass column swirl

Just great Babs. Listen, got an idea to run by you. What if you took a saw and made a cut at the bottom of the column deep enough into the column where you could insert a piece of lexan to use as a divider and then poured your colors in alternating patterns for a mirror like effect? Like blue on one side and white on the other and then vice versa and the column would actually help to keep the lexan stable in the mold and all you would have to do is pull it out and then use the skewer to make the rest of the pattern. Just thinking.

Steve

Finally cut the bars last night no ash Yay!! I do have a few TD specs on the bottom of the soap I guess I didn't mix it up enough. I was afraid of mixing to much and getting medium trace and then I wouldn't be able to do the column swirl.

img1191k.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the nice compliments.

Barbara AL

Just great Babs. Listen, got an idea to run by you. What if you took a saw and made a cut at the bottom of the column deep enough into the column where you could insert a piece of lexan to use as a divider and then poured your colors in alternating patterns for a mirror like effect? Like blue on one side and white on the other and then vice versa and the column would actually help to keep the lexan stable in the mold and all you would have to do is pull it out and then use the skewer to make the rest of the pattern. Just thinking.

Steve

Steve not sure what you are trying to do but I would think the lexan would be in the way since the soap batter runs off all 4 sides of the column. You try it and then report back to me on the results.

Barbara AL

Oh my gosh! That's so pretty. I've not been keen on these column swirl soaps, but this has changed my mind. I love how it makes my eyes trip a little too!

ETA: So good they got my first post!!

Edited by kezerb

And yet another gorgeous soap Barbara.

When I don't see you post for a few days I think to myself...I guess Barbara is working on another beautiful soap and she will soon post pictures for us to drool over. :)