Opinions on labels...

southernscents

Hello,

I am working on a different label for my products. It is hard for me to decide, so I am posting here to see what you professionals think, lol. I know you will be honest. Thanks for all comments or ideas.

1) White Label

2) Clear Label Won't show up on the dark candles. :-(

3) Silver Label

[ATTACH]21028[/ATTACH]

post-761-139458474936_thumb.jpg

Edited by southernscents

OK, here is my opinion as a consumer:

white label - best look on that type of jar, maybe a little taller so you won't have as much glass showing.

clear label - doesn't really work with container or wax (I like a clear label on palm wax to show the pattern).

silver label - a little too "upscale" for this type of jar (would be good on Metro or Status jars).

Maybe try a light kraft label? I do like the actual label design, very nice.

Now my opinion as a business owner: Which is cheaper, LOL!

Overall very nicely done.

HTH,

Steve

OK, just went back to look again, the silver label is actually a nice look, but again maybe taller. But still think you might try a light kraft label (unless that is too "country" for your liking)

Edited by Wessex

Somebody make a clear label that works lol! Have you tried a frosted clear label at all?

I get what Wessex is saying, but since you have the gray/silver lid, I'm thinking the silver label to go with it.

I'm also thinking a bigger label, but something more square so the art doesn't look as spread out I guess is how I see it. A tighter look on the label might add more pop to it.

Im with the silver label and silver lid as well.

No offense to those who use the white labels (wait, we use that label too right now), its been done or should I saw, been there done that?? Lot's depends on the design and feel overall I guess.

Clear labels = SUCK! Still haven't found a good one that actually was 100% clear! Did enjoy the frosted ones but still just to... blah for our tastes =)

Now silver, that makes it POP =) Or maybe is it due to its the closer one to the window and it reflected more? Or does it naturally "shine"?

But overall in the end, I do have to agree 100% with Wessex, which one is cheaper? =)

Looks great tho either way! =)

I like the silver labels with the silver lid. Nice match. White ones look nice too but I like the silver just a little bit more.

If you want to try a larger more square label for that jar I think a 3x4" would do it. Don't know if you can get that in silver thou.

Overall.. Good job!

Thanks for all the replies. Silver is leading. I will check on the size of the silver and see if it is available in taller, not as wide. I have been using a kraft label as of now, but wanted something that was slicker (not sure what word to use, lol). I will work on the silver size and get a pic of kraft posted for comparison asap.

I've never been a fan of the Kraft style labels myself and prefer a more upscale style. So of course, I like the Silver best...

But the biggest and FIRST reason I liked the silver best is BECAUSE of your company name. Silver= tin. Just made sense to me, lol.

I think the jars are fine for the silver because it is a clean smooth shape so it works, BUT if you ever decided to, you could totally rock a more elegant jar!

blaze....I have looked online at so many different jars. I like a lot of others, but when it comes to shipping I get discouraged. Seems like they are always far away. It would be awesome if there was a supplier closer where I could drive. I would be willing to drive 3hrs, maybe more one way. :-(

blaze....I have looked online at so many different jars. I like a lot of others, but when it comes to shipping I get discouraged. Seems like they are always far away. It would be awesome if there was a supplier closer where I could drive. I would be willing to drive 3hrs, maybe more one way. :-(

I sooo do not blame you! I have this weird aversion to paying shipping that will make me spend HOURS looking around the web for something else because I just can't bring myself to pay the rate.

I do understand that it is a necessary evil for a lot of people for the most part. And if you sell a lot, and thus buy a lot at once, it can certainly certainly pay for it's self. But I'm just small time, and I hate shipping.

And of course, I live at least a state away from all but ONE supplier and they aren't cheap by any means. :angry2: So I do what I can and MAKE IT WORK. :cheesy2:

And I actually do like how you have done so.

Edited by blazerina