Scentsy & Craft Show

crazzie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is that Scentsy is so everywhere and it seems like every other person is trying to be a Scentsy rep that it has almost reached the saturation point.

Although the sad part is that I am sure they have put some of the small handcrafters out of business in my rural area because I see very few candle booths at the shows I do now but there is ALWAYS Scentsy.

Great that the hubby thought your's were better. Any else find it funny that she made the comment "mine are better". How does reselling something that a machine made make it hers??? :laugh2:

I was thinking of saying - oh you make them? But I didn't want to press my luck! :shocked2:

Today was the best ever and busiest craft show I've ever seen.

One lady started ranting at me because her favorite Scentsy bars keep turning from lime to orange/brown color and she wanted to know exactly why, lol. I told her mine were homemade(3 times as she was too angry to listen) She ended up buying mine after I explained why her wax discolors which her Scentsy rep couldn't do. Hehe..

We basically listened to Scentsy complaints throughout the day(mainly they don't last very long) and converted the customers. 75% of my inventory is sold. Beautiful! Scentsy really does drive sales..away from themselves :laugh2:

carebear is right about that point, in washington where its not as "big" still, people still dont know about tarts as much.. so the sales there are slower for me. But in Utah, where scentsy is huge, my sales are way higher despite scentsy on tarts/warmers. Yes I have to work harder at it and yes its very annoying to see scentsy take a cut of my business at shows they shouldnt be allowed in.. they are RESELLERS... but at least they have more people out there buying tarts.

I think it IS getting to the point where its oversaturated, I've personally known women who started selling it just to get a discount.

We are starting to have a bit of fun at shows where Scentsy is (which has been EVERY show for us this season.) At first we were intimidated and perturbed because we were placed right next to the Scentsy person. We then had the pleasure of having her watch us outsell her LOL!

The best though was last night. We had a customer come back and whisper to my husband that a Scentsy person tried to sell her some melts but she told her she had already bought some that were handmade AND cost less. The woman came unglued demanding to know exactly where she had gotten them LOL. Scared the woman away. We laughed over that the rest of the night.

I like the ea of a sign and am going to get one ready for our next show on Thursday. Thanks for that idea!

I like the ea of a sign and am going to get one ready for our next show on Thursday. Thanks for that idea!

Yes, do it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Just finished another show (and the last one for the season YEEHAW!!) and heard lots of remarks,"Hey these can be used with the Scentsy warmers!" Oh Yeah, baby!!

Good luck at your show!!

• 1 year later...

I hate Spam. Whenever I see stuff like this, it makes sure I WILL NOT ever buy from this person. When are people going to realize that they probably lose as much business as they may possibly gain by doing crap like this? Especially on sites like Craftserver!

I hate Spam. Whenever I see stuff like this, it makes sure I WILL NOT ever buy from this person. When are people going to realize that they probably lose as much business as they may possibly gain by doing crap like this? Especially on sites like Craftserver!

If I had not seen the previous posts (that are no longer showing) I'd wonder what the heck is Wessex talking about?? Spammers annoy me and I like you won't buy from those that spam.

Wessex I dont think your crazy, I responded to the post and asked if she was selling Scentsy caused I could not believe she was "plugging" herself here. I hope I didnt do anything wrong by responding because my post was removed also.

• 4 weeks later...

I will say one thing. I know many Scentsy reps, one is a very dear friend. I have been on their forums and have helped with shows.....never have I heard negative comments from them about the competition. Wow what negativity, hope your customers don't hear you talk like this.

Wow, one post, and it has to be not only about Scentsy but supporting it.

What products do you hand make yourself Scentdiva? How many years did you test, test and test some more? How many skipped meals did your family miss? I'd love to see your products. I'm certain I could learn a few things from you :) As anyone on the board can attest to, I love asking questions and getting to the bottom of things and learning everything I can about the business.

Wow, one post, and it has to be not only about Scentsy but supporting it.

What products do you hand make yourself Scentdiva? How many years did you test, test and test some more? How many skipped meals did your family miss? I'd love to see your products. I'm certain I could learn a few things from you :) As anyone on the board can attest to, I love asking questions and getting to the bottom of things and learning everything I can about the business.

:tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:*faint*:bliss:

Well, I guess we all handle things in our own way :)

See, I am 500 miles from all family and friends, who were also getting hit by tornadoes and I couldn't get in touch with them.

I was sitting here by myself , worried sick.

I am also prone to anxiety attacks, so , my professional therapist has suggested that when I am in a situation that is a trigger for me having an anxiety attack, that I do something to take my mind off of whatever is bothering me. Hence my being on the forum, and also trying to check in with the board members I have made friends with on here that live all over the part of the US that was being hit by hard storms.

To each his own :)

Well, I guess we all handle things in our own way :)

See, I am 500 miles from all family and friends, who were also getting hit by tornadoes and I couldn't get in touch with them.

I was sitting here by myself , worried sick.

I am also prone to anxiety attacks, so , my professional therapist has suggested that when I am in a situation that is a trigger for me having an anxiety attack, that I do something to take my mind off of whatever is bothering me. Hence my being on the forum, and also trying to check in with the board members I have made friends with on here that live all over the part of the US that was being hit by hard storms.

To each his own :)

Completely understand. :)