Scentsy & Craft Show

crazzie

I know what you mean Candybee. I found out last night just how caring some people are on this board and it absolutely made me feel better. I wont lie, I was scared pretty good a few times last night. Last year, I was living in the part of Alabama that got flattened and although I grew up with tornadoes all the time around me......... that put a whole new perspective on it. Its a whole other world to have tornadoes go around you and not do much .. and then have them wipe out entire towns and you are right there and see it happen and see farm tractors, livestock ( yes I saw a flying cow ) houses, cars, etc go flying before you can get to cover. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, one post, and it has to be not only about Scentsy but supporting it.

What products do you hand make yourself Scentdiva? How many years did you test, test and test some more? How many skipped meals did your family miss? I'd love to see your products. I'm certain I could learn a few things from you :) As anyone on the board can attest to, I love asking questions and getting to the bottom of things and learning everything I can about the business.

I never said I supported it. I just simply stated that this kind of attitude is not nice and not healthy.

I have made soaps since 1986, I even grow most of my own flowers and herbs. As divorced and a single parent I started this while in college for a side money and gifts. I sell at a little shop with a mix of a couple crafters....but what does that have to do with bashing others and enjoying them fail at events?

Bash? I haven't "bashed" Scentsy at all. Actually, I am really proud that they had the funding, to go national, get reps that go everywhere selling their products. I think you can agree that in ANY MLM or whatnot company, you have disreputable reps who will say ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to make a sale because since they dont actually MAKE the product... they dont have to WORRY about is it safe, does it last, will it perform, having insurance in case of being sued by not so smart customers who ended up misusing the product, they can pretty much say whatever they want , to make a sale.. because they dont have to worry about THEIR reputation. They can put off stuff like saying " well I wasn't aware" or " It must be a company issue" or " Well, I am only a representative, I don't make the actual product, you'll need to contact the corporate office".......

See, its THOSE people , who have made the " lil guys" like us....... a LOT of money :)

Scentsy was the best thing that ever happened to the "wax melt" industry ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

I believe since it's your 1st post on this forum, everyone thought you were a Scentsy salesperson. At least I did. This is my 1st forum & from what I've seen new people usually start by posting gradually & joining in with the thread topic. Usually see only 1 post such as yours & then poof, gone. I haven't done a CraftShow yet, but I know already I would dislike a factory made product being sold alongside my handcrafted items. Your experience is with your Scentsy friend. Perhaps the others have not had good experiences with Scentsy at supposed to be HandCrafted CraftShows.

I never said I supported it. I just simply stated that this kind of attitude is not nice and not healthy.

I have made soaps since 1986, I even grow most of my own flowers and herbs. As divorced and a single parent I started this while in college for a side money and gifts. I sell at a little shop with a mix of a couple crafters....but what does that have to do with bashing others and enjoying them fail at events?

Is this one of yours? http://scentdivas.scentsy.us Thanks Beth for enlightening me on how sly & underhanded people can be! Lying is even nastier then having an attitude.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Is this one of yours? http://scentdivas.scentsy.us Thanks Beth for enlightening me on how sly & underhanded people can be! Lying is even nastier then having an attitude.

oops....Guess the Scentsy rep kinda forgot about Google.

One would think in Scentsy school they tell the reps to delete their website before posting on forums where chandlers make their own products. Sure am glad we are knowledgeable and HONEST about the products we make and sell.

Jeanie, even "we" as handcrafters have people who are less than honest about their products or their performance BUT ... I will say this :

THAT person is responsible for having to deal with a disgruntled customer, or have the chance of being sued by someone ... not a rep from a big corp. The handcrafter themselves are held accountable whether they are honest or if they lie about their products. I think that accountability, and our love for being more concerned with our product and our customers, instead of growing so large we become millionaires, is what sets us apart. The love, passion, compassion, dedication.

Not sure where it is, but the other day there was a post about someone who had someone come to them to try to get reimbursement for their coffee table .. something about a tealight and a warmer or something wild...and they were looking at the person who did NOT make the tealight NOR the warmer. That's what I was trying to get across way up there to the " Scent "diva" "... WE are held responsible for things that aren't even anywhere near our realm of responsibility. We have to protect our own butts... we dont have the luxury of blaming it off on someone else.

Edited by blacktieaffair