A couple Helpful Hints

Helpful Hint #1 -

ALWAYS take the time to screw the top securely back on your liquid colorant IMMEDIATELY after using it - no matter how much of a hurry you are in or how confident you feel because you have done this enough times now and you have your "routine" down.

Failure to take heed of Helpful Hint #1 could result in the distinct possibility of knocking over a full frickin' bottle of red liquid dye - having the top just placed on it and not screwed on tightly means that that same frickin' full frickin' bottle of red frickin' dye will now be all over you, your work area and everything else you can possibly imagine.

Not that this happened to me this afternoon or anything - ummmm - It is just a hint I thought of - Yeah, that's it.

Helpful Hint #2 -

If you do accidently knock over a full bottle of red frickin' dye, rubbing alcohol will help in your attempt to remove said dye from your body

:eek: santa roll :eek:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great advice.

Any pointers on getting red off of wood floors after it soaked in?

Just asking in case it ever happened to me !

scrubbz I don't what you are speaking of! Ahem... red dye spilled, then FO spilled as I had read on the old board FO is a great cleaner. Thought it was too $$$ to clean up a mess with it. But it spilled all over after the dye and yea it cleaned right up. But I am still "dyed" red. And have lost 2oz of FO. Go figure.

Also beware of red dye on WHITE countertops! I could be onto something, though. Put me on HGTV, I may have invented a relatively inexpensive kitchen makeover -- a 1950's retro kitchen with pink countertops!! santalol

Yah, and in case someone ever does leave the lid off their liquid dye and knocks it over spilling it all over their grouted tile, Soft Scrub with Bleach will take out the staining real well- Not that I would know or anything. ;)

Oh and I've HEARD that brown dye spilled on light colored pants looks like you may have done something better done in the bathroom, especially when somehow someway it gets on the BACK of said pants!!?? :rolleyes2

:D

Oh and I've HEARD that brown dye spilled on light colored pants looks like you may have done something better done in the bathroom, especially when somehow someway it gets on the BACK of said pants!!?? :rolleyes2

:D

LMAO! rolling.gif Luckily, I haven't made any major messes- yet. Now, watch me knock over a bottle of dye next time I'm messing with wax!

And definately do not send a full bottle of brown dye flying in your kitchen, hitting the walls, cupboard, sink, YOU... I'm guessing that would be no fun to clean up. BUT i have heard that, for some reason, toothpaste might work well in this situation.

As long as we are sharing tips...

Always make sure your presto pot is set back a few good inches from the edge of whatever surface you are working on. If for some reason the full presto full of reddish brown, asian sandalwood scented wax should find it's way onto your carpeted floor (man am i glad i work in the garage now), first cry. A lot of wax takes a lot of time to get up. Then hop in your car, go buy the cheapest iron you can buy and all the cheap newspapers you can find. Iron those newspapers over that wax for the next few hours (or days :embarasse). And even when you think you are done, you will find more. Your carpet will never be the same....

....and let's hope you REALLY like the scent of asian sandalwood.

On a totally unrelated note... i sometimes wonder how i managed to get my full deposit back on some of the places that i rented.

ROTFLMAO. I couldn't have said it any better myself. You are my kind of woman, soft spoken and always happy. I sure hope that particular tip you gave us, never happens to you. If in fact it ever does, just smile and quietly go about you're business (tip #2)

another good tip, don't answer your pretty white phone without making sure you didn't get any on yours hands, just because you rushed to finish pouring & putting lid back on the bottle, just because its your son on caller id that is away from home, thats no reason to end up with red dots on the green & white floor, even if it does look a lot like christmas decor, and please don't get a ho;d of that long cord and pull it out of your way why you keeping doing the candle thing as you talksanta chee

you guys are killing me! A

s long as we are giving helpful hints...even if you DO put the top on the dye bottle all the way...don't shake your dye bottle when you are mad at someone and thinking about the recent argument instead of the fact that you just meant to give the bottle a little shake, not splatter navy blue polka dots EVERYWHERE.

Orange De-Solv it works for me!

Just thought you'd like to know I finished testing Goo Gone. You can use it on your hands twice a day, every day with no ill affects. Just in case your nails have turned green, brown or blue. Also seems to remove unusual stains from the fridge door. Just another reason not to eat or drink while making candles.