A couple Helpful Hints

LMAO! rolling.gif Luckily, I haven't made any major messes- yet. Now, watch me knock over a bottle of dye next time I'm messing with wax!

Hey Steve, You shouldn't have said that...Guess why? I posted to this the other night.

Well last night me and a bottle of peaks purple had a fight.

Never ever try to get the dropper out with 1 hand while holding unto something else. Instead of letting it just drop I had to go and try to catch the bottle making it fly all over the place. I am now so not the proud owner of purple cement floors, purple wood cabinets, purple countertop, Purple sneakers, Purple carpet, and purple jeans grrrrrrr I really need to know if there is a way to get the dye off of cement....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Steve, You shouldn't have said that...Guess why? I posted to this the other night.

Never ever try to get the dropper out with 1 hand while holding unto something else. Instead of letting it just drop I had to go and try to catch the bottle making it fly all over the place. I am now so not the proud owner of purple cement floors, purple wood cabinets, purple countertop, Purple sneakers, Purple carpet, and purple jeans grrrrrrr I really need to know if there is a way to get the dye off of cement....

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have a real mess. One thing that might work to clean the dye from the concrete is Muriatic acid- aka Hydrochloric acid. It's sold in swimming pool supply places and hardware stores. I use it to clean rust off of steel and scale buildup off cast aluminum parts. It also may be written on the bottle that it can be used to clean concrete. It was on the one I used to have. It can be very dangerous to use, but with the proper precautions you'll be OK. Make sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection, dilute it with water, don't breathe the fumes, and read the instructions on the label. Mix it in a plastic bucket- it will dissolve aluminum in a matter of seconds if the acid/water ratio is strong enough. Scared yet? It's not that bad if you're careful. Baking soda will neutralize it when your finished.

Hell Steve you've scared me LMAO!! Will it work on some molds I've got? I could always send them to someone with way more experience than I have!! Like you!

Oh, you crack me up! I don't see any reason it wouldn't work to remove rust from steel molds. We use it at work to remove rust from the inside of fuel tanks. See, even though I only have 108 posts, it might be that I actually do know something after all. ;) I usually keep to myself. Hmmm- that acid removes blood stains and DNA. That info could come in handy someday. LOL.

At least it's purple ;)

Well, if you should be dipping pine cones in red cinnamon scented wax tonight, don't tip the pot to the side to get that last pine cone dipped. I'm VERY sure red wax doesn't go good on a beige (or any color for that matter) vinyl flooring. Plus, I'm very sure that it will seem like there was about 5 pounds of wax pouring to the floor and going every direction imaginable. Oh, and don't wear your work scrubs when doing this. :shocked2:

Oh, you crack me up! I don't see any reason it wouldn't work to remove rust from steel molds. We use it at work to remove rust from the inside of fuel tanks. See, even though I only have 108 posts, it might be that I actually do know something after all. ;) I usually keep to myself. Hmmm- that acid removes blood stains and DNA. That info could come in handy someday. LOL.

Oh you're killin' me!! Now I suppose it wouldn't be good on wax-stained painted wood ... I gotta find something to get that out, besides painting a gallon of stuff over it lol! Seriously, don't be surprised if some molds show up for some serious cleaning lol!

Poor Mark. Sit back and relax with those VP's and some beer and forget about the dye. ((HUGS AND SMOOCHES FOR SCRUBZZ)) LOL

Speaking of hints, ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR SPIGOT IS CLOSED ON YOUR PRESTO BEFORE YOU TURN IT ON. Otherwise, you will hear the strangest "running water" noise, and come back into the kitchen to find your floor covered in hot wax. And I am woman enough to admit that I..........

heard this from a friend. LOL

Speaking of hints, ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR SPIGOT IS CLOSED ON YOUR PRESTO BEFORE YOU TURN IT ON. Otherwise, you will hear the strangest "running water" noise, and come back into the kitchen to find your floor covered in hot wax. And I am woman enough to admit that I..........

heard this from a friend. LOL

I, too heard from a friend that paper towels don't stop hot wax from seeping into carpet when the hubby closes said spigot after hearing the strange "water running" noise... I also hear old cookie sheets work well under the spigot, just in case...

• 1 month later...

This one is for newbies like me!!!:yay:

Put plenty of mold sealant on the bottom of your molds..... other wise you get nice hot coloured wax all over your counter top..:eek:

I just read this........ Of course I didn't do this...

Uh hmmmmmmm....;)

I have heard that ,if for any reason you should be on your hands and knees cleaning up red liquid dye that may have found its way to the floor, and your black and WHITE dog comes running in thinking you want to play because you are on the floor and starts chasing the OOPS saturated cleaning rag, you SHOULD NOT pick up (with your loving hands) said dog to remove her from the candle making area:cool2:

Gosh when you spill blue dye you look like pappa smurf and it wasn't even my fault. Well guess I should take some of the blame. I told my brother to squeeze harder when the dye would not come out and oops it came out big time. The top came off and it went all over me, my new dress (I was just standing by talking to him), counter and kitchen floor. Learned my lesson to keep my big mouth shut and not wear good clothes within 50 feet of candle making. LOL

This one is for newbies like me!!!:yay:

Put plenty of mold sealant on the bottom of your molds..... other wise you get nice hot coloured wax all over your counter top..:eek:

I just read this........ Of course I didn't do this...

Uh hmmmmmmm....;)

I can admit that I have done this...now I have a bunch of old pie and cake pans that I put my molds in before pouring wax, Just In Case I didnt seal it well....