Really weak FO's

mblairmail

Peak has the best going on. I ordered from CandleScience one time. They shipped my package to the wrong address and told me to go get it. Seriously. Never refunded my money.

I have never had a bad FO from peak. I must be closer to them than you because I get my orders in 3 days.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, something is changing in the oils and I too figured it was phalates thing.

I just got cotton blossom from bcn (bnl) and it now has a green tint to it. Sat at my computer waiting for online help for about 15 minutes then closed out the window. I'm trying to get away from them anyway. There are too many other companies willing to give you a 1 or 2 oz. sample with just a $30.00 purchase. With them, it does not matter how much you spend, you're only going to get that .5oz. sample:sad2:

With them, it does not matter how much you spend, you're only going to get that .5oz. sample:sad2:

OH yes it does matter how much you spend with them...you HAVE to spend 50.00 or more to receive that half ouncer!!! LOL!

If these companies are not obviously stating the FO formulas are different and now phthalate free, seems to me like they know they're weaker and are not wanting to point it out. Not that they're hiding it; they just don't want to make it any more obvious than necessary because it's not a good thing.

I've bought and used fo's from the following companies:

BCN

LSC

DS

CS

MMS

BB

GL

All of them make excellent fragrance oils. Some scents just ARE softer than others. I have a nice sandalwood from BCN that to me doesn't smell that 'strong'. To others, it does. I guess it is a matter of opinion!

I would not hesitate to buy from any of these guys. And some of them (like GL and DS) are small biz and I like to help support smaller biz.

Holy cow, is it really that hard to type out the names so everyone will be able to figure out your post without having to go on a hunt to look up what all these mean? :confused:

Holy cow, is it really that hard to type out the names so everyone will be able to figure out your post without having to go on a hunt to look up what all these mean? :confused:

In defense of Blossom..after being here awhile...and reading tons...it just becomes natural to abbreviate. There is a thread at the very top of this forum for supplier abbreviations if you get stuck and can't figure out who is who.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5492

I agree with Debbie, abbreviations are the way to go.

You can't be serious! Using these abbreviations severely limits your audience. It also limits the ability for people to find your information by searching.

Right. I agree. But a person with 7 posts can politely ask what an abbreviation is instead of being a wise ass.

Are you saying this forum is only intended to be helpful for "long time members" who have high postcounts? :confused: Many people find threads here by using Google; that's how I found this site.

Do you honestly believe that because I "only have 7 posts" that that invalidates my opinions? :lipsrseal And that I'm a "wise ass" because I informally pointed out something that I believe hampers the ability of using this site as a resource?

Here's a thread where someone referred to something as "SG":

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81542

That's not on the abbreviation list, and the person who used the "SG" term never replied saying what they specifically meant.

I do apologize if I'm coming off as rude. That's not my intention. (Charisma was never one of my strong points.) But, I do believe that if you want this site to serve as a more user and newbie friendly resource, you need to limit (not necessarily eliminate) the use of abbreviations.

Isn't the below nicer? :cheesy2::) :smiley2:

I've bought and used fo's from the following companies:

Bitter Creek North

Lone Star Candle Supply

Daystar Supplies

Candle Science

Magestic Mountain Sage

Brambleberry

Green Leaf

All of them make excellent fragrance oils. Some scents just ARE softer than others. I have a nice sandalwood from Bitter Creek North that to me doesn't smell that 'strong'. To others, it does. I guess it is a matter of opinion!

I would not hesitate to buy from any of these guys. And some of them (like Green Leaf and Daystar) are small biz and I like to help support smaller biz.

Note that some of those are my best guess as to what Blossom meant, they may be wrong. That's another problem with abbreviations... being so short, some sound alike, and other people use different abbreviations to refer to the same thing.

Please understand I don't have any ill will, I'm just trying to show how you can make your posts better and more informative!! :cheesy2:

I can see that you have an issue with entitlement. The fact that you have 7 posts and ask a question in such a manner says one of two things. 1) You are either completely unfamiliar with board etiquette, or 2) You are just flat out and knowlingly rude.

Your opinion is certainly not less valuable because you have 7 posts. It is quite surprising that you have 7 posts and are so blatantly rude without knowing anyone on this board and how things are done. Your rudeness should be mentioned right from the get go. You were rude and anyone reading this sees that. You could have clearly stated your abbreviation issue in a nicer fashion.

Abbreviations are often used on this forum. Had you looked at the sticky and read it, you would have clearly seen this. Sometimes I cannot find an abbreviation and do not have time to search. What do I do? I simply ask? Excuse me, what does *** stand for? That is all that you needed to do. SIMPLY ASK without the commentary.

Your post count IS a factor. If I happened to be a guest in someone's home where lots of people knew one another, I certainly would not waltz into that home and state how things should be done and what is wrong with such and such. I guess you do not feel the same. :rolleyes2

Lastly, no one here requires a lesson on how to post, and this is MY opinion.

How hard is it to join an existing group and then NOT try to tell people how to behave? Do you do that when you start a new job or move into a new neighborhood?

Seriously.

OK, well I can see I have upset people here and I am sorry for that. I am truly not a mean person, I guess if I see something that to me seems a fault it's hard for me not to point it out. But it seems that the issue is a moot point now as anything I say from this point forward will likely be met with disdain simply because it's me posting. It is my own fault for outcasting myself, as I have found myself growing more and more cynical as I grow older.

I hope at least a few of you will look past my shortcomings and try to see my point about widening your audience by limiting the use of abbreviations.

You or your posts will not be met with disdain by me in the future. I'm not that kind of person :)

But honestly...I do understand your point...and as I said earlier when you've been reading, researching, and trying to learn here...you too will just find abbreviating as second nature. I don't think I've been to a forum yet where abbreviating supplier names isn't the norm.

Apology accepted. I do not think that you are a mean person based on one question. Some of us simply did not care for the manner that you asked a question and how you reacted. As I already mentioned, I explained my issue. Now it is over. It is a great board and you can learn a lot here.

Yes I do. If I start a new job and see something that could be done better I do point it out. That is what they are paying me for.
While constructive criticism is often valued, it is unlikely they are paying you to be a bull in a china shop. Although there are some jobs where that may be part of the description, this isn't one of them.

I have tested many, and find a lot of them to be watered down.

I use Makes Scents Candles, decent prices, quick shipping.

where in Ohio are you? Makes Scents is in Columbus and that could be why shipping is so quick for you.