Really weak FO's

mblairmail

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Candlescience FOs too. I have never gotten one I do not like. Their shipping is almost unbeatable, same day most of the time. Their Blackberry Marmalade, Honeysuckle Jasmine, Macintosh Apple, and that new watermelon to name a few are absolutely fantastic. Their Mistletoe is so great my customers asked me to rename it to something else and sell it year long!! That rating is very helpful and accurate too IMO. Alabaster has some fantastic oils too, although I have just started using them and have only ordered about half a dozen or so. Shipping is day of or next day there most of the time too. That counts when you are in a pinch and need your oil quick!!

It was just the way you said it. If you had said, Hey, some of us might not know what those abbreviations mean, could you specify. No one would taken offense. A little rewording would help sometimes. We all make mistakes. Ok, well I do anyway. lol:yay:

Ditto!! Debra is right on. Maven we all make mistakes and move on. Sometimes we say things that come out not quite the way we intended it to come out.

By the way Maven welcome to the board.:)

where in Ohio are you? Makes Scents is in Columbus and that could be why shipping is so quick for you.

They are in the same state as me, but even when I have ordered from other supplie co. in my state it seems to be an average of a week before I get the order. With them if I call by a certain time it goes out the same day and I get it the next day. Which helps when you are in a pinch.

I purchase almost all of my oils from JBN and the only one I've been disappointed in so far was the White tea and Ginger. Their bakery scents are awesome. LOVE the Apple and Clover and their pomegranate. I've sampled a few through Taylored, wasn't very impressed at all as far as throw goes. I still shop there for other things though.

The oils from Just by Nature are really strong and good, and, even if they are not the cheapest, I like those of TSW.

ICS offers a lot of very good oils as well IMO.

• 1 month later...

Heyheythere.gif

I wanted to let you know that I finally found a place that has a good sample deal... at least, I think it's a good sample deal. I don't make candles or anything, I'm only in it for the dupes, so this may not be such wonderful news to you guys, but...

You can get 5 1ml samples for 3$ - shipping included - from Southern Garden Scents.

http://southerngardenscents.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=30&zenid=c99c6157c6b50fea569e07b42bcbeea1

The samples I've received were not weak.

I've purchased from Peak before, and they are definitely not weak.

I just purchased from Daystar, and... one bottle smells quite like nothing at all. The others seem very weak, but this may be b/c the oils need to be put in something before they "bloom" or whatever? I don't know... I's ignant - please excuze kay.gif

Unless you only want to know if they smell good out of bottle, sure, that is a deal. A sample needs to be put in your application (soap, candle, lotions, etc.) to know if it's worth buying in a larger quantity, and see if it's what you are looking for.

I can't believe Daystar had a weak fragrance. I've ordered from them for years and typically used 3% as opposed to my usual 6%.

I understand that Stacy is a member here - and is advertised here - and that any negative comments regarding her FO's are immediately defended. I admire the loyalty.

I also understand that I'm new, and therefore, have no credibility.

That said, the fact that the owner is known & loved, and I am neither does not lessen the truth that a few of the oils I purchased from her are weak-smelling OOB.

I have a point of reference for one of the scents I purchased. Having purchased it before - diluted - the diluted oil was stronger. This could simply be a manufacturing difference, I don't know. I'm not out to bash Stacy or Daystar. Seeing as she is my sister in Christ, I'm not even 'allowed' to do such a thing. I found this place by searching for "weak fragrance oils", and threw my two cents in before I realized she was a member, or saw her advertisement.

Seeing as there is no return policy (which is understandable w/ all the nutjobs in the world), I did a lot of research on Daystar before purchasing. There were several instances where some people had a problem w/ Daystar's oils being weak.

Daystar has FO's that NO ONE else has, so it was worth taking the chance on it, and I'm glad I did, regardless of being disappointed with the weakness of a few of the oils.

Heyheythere.gif

I wanted to let you know that I finally found a place that has a good sample deal... at least, I think it's a good sample deal. I don't make candles or anything, I'm only in it for the dupes, so this may not be such wonderful news to you guys, but...

You can get 5 1ml samples for 3$ - shipping included - from Southern Garden Scents.

It's a good sample deal, but their FOs are quite pricey.

I understand that Stacy is a member here - and is advertised here - and that any negative comments regarding her FO's are immediately defended. I admire the loyalty.

yup, you are confusing this forum with another. where we complain about her stuff as much as we do any other good supplier - cuz you cannot make all the people happy all the time. it's not a loyalty thing there - it's a quality thing.

I don't think she's a member on this forum, or at least not a very active one here.

I just received my order from BCN and I don't know if my nose is having an off day or what but the scents seem alot weaker. Some of them I have been ordering for years. I'll know for sure once I test them in wax to see if they throwing weaker than usual.

Being in the south I don't order from a lot of suppliers (freight charges being what they are) but here are the ones I've used consistently:

Just Scent (over 85% of my oils) {sends samples 1oz size with every order}

Nature's Garden

Cajun

LoneStar

Every nose is different but I've had great success with all of these companies.

Candlescience is OK....Mrmissyscandles has started up again and the FO's are very good, there cold throw is amazing and works very well in my personal blend. Yes you have to buy 1 pounders right now but they are working on getting samples. If you don't know there FO's and samples are a must for you, Tim said yesterday there sample bottles were on the way.

With all the negativity from Shelby and the others, I'm thinking there must be something up with Mr. Missy's. I am anxious to try them. I figure with that much publicity they are either going to be one of the best or truly one of the worst. You know a "where there's smoke there's fire" kind of thing. With those prices I truly hope they are fantastic. And that POTTERY!! I have been looking for ages trying to find some that is affordable. The selection is tremendous. That is a huge up and coming where I am at right now and I would love to be able to cash in on that without having to give so much for the container. I had even thought about having a ceramic mold made and just making my own as I have done ceramics in the past. Again, too costly to be able to make any money on it.

I have never had any luck with Save On Scents, although I know others have. Maybe it was just the ones I tried though.

I have never been disappointed with Candlescience. Very strong oils, IMO.

Candlescience is OK....Mrmissyscandles has started up again and the FO's are very good, there cold throw is amazing and works very well in my personal blend. Yes you have to buy 1 pounders right now but they are working on getting samples. If you don't know there FO's and samples are a must for you, Tim said yesterday there sample bottles were on the way.

Apparently Mr. Missy thinks Candle Science is ok, he had their picture on his website for his oils. LOL!

My favorite companies for fragrances are AromaHaven/RusticEscentials and Candle Science. The Bitter Creeks both have some good ones that i buy faithfully. I've heard that DayStar is really good, too, but I've never used them yet.

Daystar oils are incredible, some are a little pricey, but well worth the money. Give them a try sometime.

Oh my, not again!! Can't we just let all that go?? Like Scented said yesterday??? I'm almost afraid to post on here anymore.

Sassy, no reason to be afraid to post. It was a joke...lighten up a bit. Stick around a little longer you will see, it's a good place to hang out.