Hello from Gabbie

Guest scrapgabbie

Guest scrapgabbie

Hi everyone, l'm new here, although l have been lurking for over a week now reading everyone's posts, this is such an informative place! Thanks to Sara for fixing up my registration issues :smiley2:

l live in melbourne, Australia with my hubby and 2 daughters.

l never thought l was up for a new hobby, but l have fallen HARD for candle-making. :grin2:

l've been a scrapbooker for the past 7 years, and never thought l would say this, but l could quite easily sell the lot and seriously get into candles instead. l am fascinated by the bakery candles - l've never seen these before in aus. l have done nothing the past two weeks except research and collect photos of all the beautiful bakery candles in my spare time. My wax, fragrance, dye and mold wishlist is huge, and l have a new enthusiasm for work because it means l can buy more wax.:embarasse l haven't made much of anything yet because l am still learning, but l did have a shot at some cupcake candles which are attached :-) (they aren't perfect because l used palm wax, this was before l learned about paraffin & soy waxes)

l can't wait to learn more, and am really looking forward to 'meeting' you all :-)

caramelcupcakes.jpg

Guest scrapgabbie

l just realised l probably should have explained a bit better...the whipped icing is palm, but the bottoms were leftover melted down candles that l had around the house (l was so desperate to start melting things and couldn't wait for my wax order to arrive LOL)

Thanks everyone :-) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scrapgabbie
just adorable...mind telling me what colorant you used?

l think it's a liquid ivory dye, but l'm in australia, so l'm not sure if the brand will mean anything to you :-)