Favorite Soapmaking Tool

My two quart plastic measuring cup. It's the absolute perfect size for a 2lb batch, fits in my little mini-micro and won't break if it gets hot. It's made out of the same stuff the old colored tupperware was made from only it's white with red raised lettering.

Oh yeah, and my bakers racks from Costco. Huge, stainless, 4 big wheels and 6 shelves. It holds lots of curing soaps. I have 4 of them.

my cheap-o read plastic mixing bowl that I got from Ikea (the same set is at Target). And paper plates - I use them to put stuff down on. And my garage where I hide my dirty soap pots. And my gladware containers that I use for EVERYTHING from making lye solution to little cups for my colored portions. And my cheap white plastic mixing spoons whose handles are perfect for swirling.

I like everything.

My slotted soap spoon which I simply couldn't live without. My glass measuring cups, in every conceivable size, which I use for weighing out practically everything. My trusty Rubbermaid containers which I use for lye. And of course, my stainless measuring cups and spoons. Never seem to have enough of those.

Well, since I can't say my stickblender, I would have to say it's got to be my stainless steel bowls I bought at the dollar store about 5 years ago. They still look like they are brand new. Also love my dollar store plastic slotted spoons.

Actually, I guess my favorite soapmaking "tool" would be the dollar store itself. I LOVE that place!!! LOL

My squeeze bottles, two big glass pyrex measuring cups (love these for melting butters/oils in the microwave), silicone spatula, disposable plastic dixie cups, and my popsicle sticks. I gotta have my popsicle sticks! Helps with stirring my swirl portions, getting micas out the containers, swirling, etc.

My crock pot has got to be #1. I've stopped counting the gallons of LS I've made with it. Next are my huge and deep ss mixing bowls I found at Big Lots. Then there's the ss condiment cups also from Big Lots:grin2: I love those little cups:grin2: and the ss spoons....just can't soap without these.

It used to be my gizmo mixer with the little whip attachment and then it went kaput, so now it's a mixer with a whip attachment. Makes blending colors quick for me. Popsicle sticks are great, so are slotted spoons courtesy of MA, but the one tool that would make all things grand would be some of those silicone liners (one for each mold I have ... :laugh2: and that would end up being too expensive.)

Gotta say though I love my tank cutter as a SB gift from a group of people on here.

This isn't a tool but I love my work space and my 36 foot long work bench.

I'm jealous!:drool:

Mine would be my gigantic soaping pot! I've never measured but it has to be at least a 20 qt. stock pot, if not bigger. I've made at least 12lbs. of soap at one time and had room for more!

Best part I got it for $4 at Goodwill!:grin2: