Tortoise Shell Palm Wax

jakalex

I have been wanting to try this wax from CS since it first came out. I finally took the plunge and poured a few today. I was so excited to post this pic I just stuck them in my light box and shot with the flash. I love this look. It has a nice shiny finish also!

Scent: Pumpkin Spice/Patchouli Honey

[ATTACH]15425[/ATTACH]

post-3991-139458445855_thumb.jpg

OH YEAH!! :drool: That wax has been on my "to try" list, too! The pattern reminds me of the bottom of a swimming pool. Love it!! :)

I bet this wax would look beautiful with a blue dye! I will try that next.

Thanks everyone!

Those are just awesome! I love it. I have been weary of even trying it because they don't tend to keep that wax in stock for very long.... haha May just have to get some for myself. Those look great!

I do not think this wax is meant for adding to a regular line. You could do special editions, or just hoard it for yourself! LOL!

I love the look of palm but it was such a bitch to wick that I gave up. Those look awesome. Have you burned one yet?

e

I did start burning one today. I used a CSN 16 but it was a little large for this wax. The melt point on this is 8 degrees less than the others, so I need to wick down.

I have had no problem wicking the other pillar waxes from CS. The pillars were actually easier to wick than the GGLOW!

Your candles look great! I just got mine in this week and not all of mine look that good. I did a blue and it was beautiful. Did you use metal molds?

Rae

Thanks. Yes I use CS pillar molds.

This wax is different than the other palm pillar waxes. It is more brittle and you must cool it slowly to obtain the pattern. I cover mine with a thick towel to cool.

I am getting ready to pour a couple more with a blue color. I am going to use the CSN 12 for these.

Thanks. Yes I use CS pillar molds.

This wax is different than the other palm pillar waxes. It is more brittle and you must cool it slowly to obtain the pattern. I cover mine with a thick towel to cool.

I am getting ready to pour a couple more with a blue color. I am going to use the CSN 12 for these.

I always cover my palm with boxes and completely cool them. I noticed that my round pillars turned out great, but the ovals did not and they were all poured and cooled at the same time. I will keep playing with them.

I always cover my palm with boxes and completely cool them. I noticed that my round pillars turned out great, but the ovals did not and they were all poured and cooled at the same time. I will keep playing with them.

That is strange. This wax loves heat! Make sure you pour b/w 190-195 degrees. Are you cooling on a rack also? Maybe cover them with a towel also.

I will be taking the ones I poured last night out this afternoon. Will let ya know how they turned out.