Do you have a "pet peeve"?

Brenda (OH)

I had one of those this week. The customer wanted me to drive 60 miles round trip to deliver ONE clamshell. I simply explained it would have to wait until my normal delivery day. I offered to mail it to her for $.50 but she "didn't want to pay extra."

My other one is people who expect free crap. My favorite is "You should give me my candles for free because I give such good word of mouth advertising for you." This is after this person already gets a pretty deep discount off of her stuff.

When fundraiser's are turned in a week+ late even after I have sent a reminder email, phoned them etc..

Then they want to know if you can get it to them on the delivery date or before because they REALLY need them!!

I tell them up front that their orders will be delivered 3 Weeks from the date the Fundriaser is turned in so don't be late!!santa eek

I think they think I am a magician, not a chandler!!!santalol

When fundraiser's are turned in a week+ late even after I have sent a reminder email, phoned them etc..

Then they want to know if you can get it to them on the delivery date or before because they REALLY need them!!

I tell them up front that their orders will be delivered 3 Weeks from the date the Fundriaser is turned in so don't be late!!santa eek

My X-DIL has a sign in her hair salon that says something similar.....

I'm a beautician...not a magician.

Amen Sista!! Drives me up the wall!!

When customers smell my soap... 90% of them touch the soap with their nose and just hold it there... sniffing. Do you really have to touch the bar of soap with your nose to smell it? It just really bothers me. Keep your nose off my soap. LOL I just think it's way gross. I get home and spray each one with alcohol. LOL

"There's a lady at the flea market selling big bags of tarts for $1, and I think there's about 5 in there. She also has candles for $3." "The Dollar Store has good candles, too."

Oh I hate this one too. Go buy a dollar store candle-that doesnt have hot throw, melts and drips everywhere and burns like crap. Sure bud, the dollar store candles are better. NOT...lol....

I have alot of pet peeves...But one that sticks in my mind most is when I get a thousand dollar order faxed on Saturday evening and they are calling me a few days later as to where their order is??? I had that done to me the day before Thanksgiving so we worked all day Thanksgiving to have the order delivered Friday (Black Friday)at 5 in the morning before the store opened. DH was so mad that we didn't get to enjoy the holiday. We worked until 2 am and had to get up at 4 to get ready to take everything to the store. The store was only 10 mins. away but we were so exhausted and my back was hurting all week that I could barely stand. I don't know how we did it, but we did. I even ran out of labels and searched everywhere and I happened to look in my large bag and happened to find the labels I needed and they were already typed with the correct scent name. It must have been my guardian angel watching over me...

When customers smell my soap... 90% of them touch the soap with their nose and just hold it there... sniffing. Do you really have to touch the bar of soap with your nose to smell it? It just really bothers me. Keep your nose off my soap. LOL I just think it's way gross. I get home and spray each one with alcohol. LOL

At my last craft show, I had to tell a mother that her 6 year old daughter couldn't lean down and smell all of the candles because she had a snot issue that wasn't being taken care of by her mother!:angry2: YUCK! I told her to please clean the kid's nose before allowing her near the candles! :o They walked away in a huff!:undecided

I also take issue with people (adults) who insist on running their fingers on the tops of candles to feel the wax and then run the same finger in another scent and cross contraminate candles with colors and their dity fingernails!:angry2: I have to pull all of those candles off and set them below the table to be cleaned and rezapped with a heat gun when I get home!

Fire

I had to tell a little boy to keep his fingers out of my candles last weekend. He left a little finger ring around the wick.

I also sometimes find gouge marks on the tops of my candles. Now who on earth would stick a finger in your candle and gouge out the wax??!!!! Grrrrr!

"If I buy two candles, do I get a discount?"

That one hacks me off too.

I also do not like when I am approached by someone that wants a job from me because they want to do what I do. Then do what I do and don't expect to do it with me, on my dime and time.:angry2::angry2: I recently had a gal ask if she could come in the back of my shop and check out my supplies and set up since she thought it would be fun. I just looked at her and bluntly said, "Absolutely not!" She said that I must think she was crazy and I told her that no I did not think she was crazy but rather was someone who does or wants to do what I do and is checking me out to get my ideas for her own use. Turns out I was right.

The other is when folks ask me what "flavors" my candles, lotions, soaps, scrubs, etc., come in.

And what about those folks that will ask you for a certain scent, like vanilla for instance. And I'll say I don't carry or have with me at this time or it is sold out. They will then ask if I have a vanilla lavender, or an almond vanilla etc. If I had that don't you think when they asked me for a vanilla, I'd say that I did not have a straight vanilla but I do have _______ and not answer that I don't have any kind of vanilla? They will do this with sizes too. Does this come in a larger/smaller size? No, that is the only size I have with me - the 12 oz. What about 8 oz; do you have any of those? GRrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then there are the adults that will ask me if the fish in my Fish in the Bags are real. Yes adults do this! Not kidding!

The fundraiser one someone mentioned is mine. I tell you from the beginning, delivery is 2 weeks from the date you give me the FINAL order. Not from the date you say "here's most of the orders, but we still have a few to collect".

With wholesale, it's one client that used to want to order 5 or 6 jars. I don't split up cases, but do allow up to three scents per case. I finally had to say something...

"If I buy two candles, do I get a discount?"

This one cracks me up! And this year for my before Christmas sales (Nov 15th through Dec 25th) I went ahead and lowered prices for multiple purchases... it's actually done really well and now NO ONE asks anymore. It's not really that much lower and people are buying more.

-Kristi

I had a vendor next to me tell us that after watching everyone pick up our votives and stick their noses on them to smell them, he wouldn't buy them...that he thought it was disgusting! :(