1st order from Candle Science. Any Feedback on these?

Carriegsxr6

The honeysuckle jasmine is nice in candles and soap. I love the violet lime but customers here don't like it. Pity.

I just got samples recently of the asian amber and the rain water but haven't really used them yet. The rain water smells great OOB. I'm gonna try it in my soap.

Didn't care much for the apples and maple bourbon. Tried in my soy and it didn't throw all the good for me.

Rain Water, Honeysuckle Jasmine, and Violet Lime are all *very* strong in 6006, I use a lower percentage on them. Clean Cotton is a pretty strong thrower, also. I love all these FOs:)

Haven't tried the others, but I do have Asian Amber, and it smells wonderful OOB (haven't tested it yet).

Clean Cotton~Great clean scent. Awesome in CB135.

Asian Amber~Great spa type scent. Awesome in CB135. Just added this to my line.

Honeysuckle Jasmine~Awesome floral. One of my sister's favorites. Awesome in CB135.

Violet Lime~Very unusual fragrance. Great for a spa line. Awesome in CB135.

Sage and Pomegranate - not strong to me

Rain Water - stronger than you would think

Clean Cotton - haven't tried

Apples and Maple Bourbon - haven't tried

Asian Amber - I like this one

Honeysuckle Jasmine - I like this one

Fig Forest - haven't tried

Violet Lime - A favorite of mine, also violet musk from GL but I guess customers that order on line are scared of these 2.

I use 4786 and the ones I have tried were strong throwers except for the sage & pomegranate. CS has a lot of really good fo. Just got through testing the spiced wassail. Strong throw.

Rain Water--strong in my 50/50. Cut back to 3-4%, Apples & Maple Bourbon is a rich scent, not for everyone. Great results for me at 6%. Violet Lime--very strong also, should have cut back to 3-4%, but if a customer likes it...they love it! Try Cranberry Marmalade and Pumpkin Souffle -- two of my biggest sellers this season. Sage/Pom was not nearly as strong...a softer scent in melts for me.

Sage and Pomegranate - not strong to me

Rain Water - stronger than you would think

Clean Cotton - haven't tried

Apples and Maple Bourbon - haven't tried

Asian Amber - I like this one

Honeysuckle Jasmine - I like this one

Fig Forest - haven't tried

Violet Lime - A favorite of mine, also violet musk from GL but I guess customers that order on line are scared of these 2.

I use 4786 and the ones I have tried were strong throwers except for the sage & pomegranate. CS has a lot of really good fo. Just got through testing the spiced wassail. Strong throw.

Does the Spiced Wassail have an orange note to it? (I could be less lazy and check the description on their site myself I guess!)

Sharon - just went and smelled it. Made candles with it about a week ago. I think it does have a slight spicy orange smell to it. I like it though. My sister was here tonight stocking up and she liked it. Said it made her sorta think of Mulled Cider from LS.

Does the Spiced Wassail have an orange note to it? (I could be less lazy and check the description on their site myself I guess!)

I agree with grama, it does have a slight orange smell. It is a very unique scent. Smells alot like Flickers Autumn Spice but stronger in wax. I am taking some of this to my craft show this weekend. We'll see what people think!

I just tested Sage & Pomegranate and had very good results in GB415.

It's not overly strong but it did fill my 12 x 12 bedroom and drifted thru out my house in less than 3 hours. There is something about this scent that I love and it got very good feedback from all of my testers.

I am planning on adding it to my line in the spring.

Karen

How come you're asking for opinions on these oils AFTER you've already ordered them? Surely you would have been better to ask before you split with your cash?

What if one you ordered was well known to be really crap - it'd be too late for you to do anything about it, because you already bought them.

I'm just finding this post rather pointless - rather like bolting the stable door once the horse has already bolted? Or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Thanks for asking that question Natty. It would be a good idea to ask first as that can save one from spending money which they maybe wouldn't need to spend. I guess I would have tried the samples available first....that saves money too. Having said that....I think she got some really good fo's. Those have all worked well in our palm containers. I sure love palm wax :) I think it's so much better than soy....at least in my experiences with both kinds of waxes.

Mike

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I picked some winners here. Kind of disappointed about the Sage and Pom., and Maple and Bourbon, hopefully I can get some kind of throw out of them, if not I will try them in my soap.

I didn't read where she said what size she ordered...less than a pound, maybe? She's a soaper, too. I guess she does have an alternate use if they're not great in her wax! :wink2: