1st order from Candle Science. Any Feedback on these?

Carriegsxr6

I didn't read where she said what size she ordered...less than a pound, maybe? She's a soaper, too. I guess she does have an alternate use if they're not great in her wax! :wink2:

Unfortunately, quite a few Candle Science fragrances are NOT listed skin safe... which really is a pity as there were a few I would have liked to soap (Pumpkin Souffle, Wildberry Mousse, etc). Bummer.

-Kristi

Unfortunately, quite a few Candle Science fragrances are NOT listed skin safe... which really is a pity as there were a few I would have liked to soap (Pumpkin Souffle, Wildberry Mousse, etc). Bummer.

-Kristi

Nevermind, only the stuff *I* ordered is not skin safe lolol!!! How'd I do that?!?

-Kristi

I didn't read where she said what size she ordered...less than a pound, maybe? She's a soaper, too. I guess she does have an alternate use if they're not great in her wax! :wink2:

exactly!!!

who cares if i ordered them first or not. Some people give great advise on how much to use per pound or how long to cure for. that is advise i could use even if i ordered first or not.

I appreciate all the advise I got on these oils. Some of the advise was helpful, like who got what results with what wax, that wouldnt make me not order them. that would help me to use them better once i got them.

I actually find pointless posts to be the ones where people go off on a rant rather than have anything helpful to say.

Sage and Pomegranate has done well for me in V-1. Not especially strong, but it's a nice clean scent.

Violet Lime has been a surprise hit for me. Good throw in V-1, and people have raved about it.

Fig Forest is a green/sweet scent that has decent throw in V-1. I like it a lot more than I thought I would - I only tried it because I had a couple of people ask about fig scents.

exactly!!!

who cares if i ordered them first or not. Some people give great advise on how much to use per pound or how long to cure for. that is advise i could use even if i ordered first or not.

I appreciate all the advise I got on these oils. Some of the advise was helpful, like who got what results with what wax, that wouldnt make me not order them. that would help me to use them better once i got them.

I actually find pointless posts to be the ones where people go off on a rant rather than have anything helpful to say.

The fact that you didn't say what application you ordered them for makes your question rather pointless. You know, like an oob review. But that's just my opinion. Pointless questions, pointless answers, pointless reviews. The world is full of them. Not very helpful.

www.StuffSunshineLikes.com

I just tested Sage & Pomegranate and had very good results in GB415.

It's not overly strong but it did fill my 12 x 12 bedroom and drifted thru out my house in less than 3 hours. There is something about this scent that I love and it got very good feedback from all of my testers.

I am planning on adding it to my line in the spring.

Karen

It is a unique scent and I did realize it was on the lighter side, but thought I would try it anyway, as some people like softer scents.

I had added it to my line, but did not sell well.

A little too light is what my customers said... :cry2:

They wanted more scent throw, as I did..

Sad to say.. I discontinued it..:cry2:

I also use soy...

It is a unique scent and I did realize it was on the lighter side, but thought I would try it anyway, as some people like softer scents.

I had added it to my line, but did not sell well.

A little too light is what my customers said... :cry2:

They wanted more scent throw, as I did..

Sad to say.. I discontinued it..:cry2:

I also use soy...

can you let me know what percentage you used it at? as Karen also used hers in Soy. I wonder if a higher percentage should be used.

I started out at 1.25 oz per/lb

I even tried it at 1.5 oz per/lb. just to see.. Still was light IMO..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got the Sunwashed linen and Basil and Herb with my last order..

I will post my results after I get them in wax..

Alright, I will start with 1.5 pp. i had a few people request this scent so I am excited to test it. I am using c-3. If I dont get it to throw, they will have to have it in a bar of soap. lol

Hi Carrie:

I pretty much only use Candlescience fragrances and I also use C3.....so far I have had good cold and hot throw at 6-7% with the following:

Apples and Maple Bourbon

Cinnamon Sticks

Basil and Herb

Clean Cotton

Sunwashed Linen

Moonlight Musk

Lovespell

Lime Cooler

Hansel and Gretel's House

Cranberry Marmalade

Sandalwood

Mistletoe

Vanilla Hazelnut

Caramelized Pecans

Banana Nut Bread

Wildberry Mousse

Brandied Pear

Didn't really love

Birds of Paradise, threw well but not my kind of scent

Sugar Cookie - not that strong

Wassail - actually, it does grow on you after awhile.

Pumpkin Souffle - smell burnt

There's lots more I want to try such as the Blueberry, Strawberry, Honeydew Melon, English Garden, Raspberry, Rain Water, Palm Tree so I'd be interested to hear your feedback for the ones you purchased as well as others you may purchase going forward.

PS: I also bought all mine without asking questions first ;)

If they don't work out for you in candles or lye soap, Carrie, don't forget you can always use the body safe ones in b&b scrubs, melt & pour soap, shampoos, conditioners, hair & body mists, etc. And any of them would be fine in wickless candles, tarts, or room sprays.

Hi Carrie:

I pretty much only use Candlescience fragrances and I also use C3.....so far I have had good cold and hot throw at 6-7% with the following:

Apples and Maple Bourbon

Cinnamon Sticks

Basil and Herb

Clean Cotton

Sunwashed Linen

Moonlight Musk

Lovespell

Lime Cooler

Hansel and Gretel's House

Cranberry Marmalade

Sandalwood

Mistletoe

Vanilla Hazelnut

Caramelized Pecans

Banana Nut Bread

Wildberry Mousse

Brandied Pear

Didn't really love

Birds of Paradise, threw well but not my kind of scent

Sugar Cookie - not that strong

Wassail - actually, it does grow on you after awhile.

Pumpkin Souffle - smell burnt

There's lots more I want to try such as the Blueberry, Strawberry, Honeydew Melon, English Garden, Raspberry, Rain Water, Palm Tree so I'd be interested to hear your feedback for the ones you purchased as well as others you may purchase going forward.

PS: I also bought all mine without asking questions first ;)

I alsoways wanted to try out a Birds of Paradise, I read the descriptions on Peaks and CandleScience. Does it smell like the description? Can you give me a more detailed description of this one?

Candlescience says:

A sweet floral aroma with base notes of fresh fruits and vanilla.

Yes, I would say that pretty much describes it.....I can't really decide what the fruits are.....it is sweet and may smell like the plant but I've never smelled one so I'm not sure.

I have 7.25oz left out of the 8oz bottle. Pm if you're interested.