Are you pouring Christmas candles yet?

Darbla

Are any of you pouring Christmas scents yet or is it too early? How early is too early? Wouldn't scents fade if you make them too long before the market time? I don't know because candles never last long enough around me to fade significantly. :D

Darbla

I start pouring Christmas scents as soon as the kids go back to school. That's my timeline marker. I will continue to pour them until around the 12th of December or so and then start on my Valentine/Easter/Spring candles January 2nd. I take about a 3 week break in between to enjoy the holidays with just the family. This way I still have a few Christmas candles left for those last minute buyers that ALWAYS crop up, but don't have to bust my hump in that last week or so before Christmast to pour. :) It also helps because I usually end up selling the Christmas scents well into January also.

I typically start Oct. 1 (but will do a few today). I'm finishing up some halloween scents now. I'm going to try Hayride (for a possible wholesale account for a tack shop) and Halloween Spice from Solas, I hope it smells better in wax, not a fan oob.

Wouldn't scents fade if you make them too long before the market time?
They should not fade as long as the lids are closed (for container candles) or put in a closed box (for votives and pillars). I have candles more than a year old which smell just like when they were newly made. I did have a couple of scents fade on me, but the rest were fine, maybe they even got better with time. So I don't think it is too early to pour Christmas candles, if you have time to start, might as well.

Started pouring pillars for special Xmas orders a couple weeks ago. Shrink wrapping and sealing in polypro bags.

My best friend called with an order for 15 pillars & commented that she knew she'd better give me some good lead time - now that a friend :)

I just sent my Christmas candles to one store so far and they already sold 40 candles in one week. I thought it was way too early, but not for customers I guess. The cold weather this past week has helped alot. It was so hard getting into the Christmasy mood, but it was worth it. The store is already talking about placing another order, so I am going to be stocking up as much as I can. Uhgggg!