First & Main Bear

Carriegsxr6

Same reason people dip toilet paper and other things. LOL

Actually out of all of the dipping items, I think the bears are the best. They are hot sellers.

They are great for small rooms or mothers who have kids that don't want fire around.

I did a couple of dipped bears around early fall last year since I had a lot of wax but hadn't even come close to testing enough to sell anything much, but these bears were jumping off the shelf. A few were ordered through online and they were seen by others and so they ordered and so on. I did a few for friends who needed gift exchange things for work, then the people who saw them at the parties wanted some, I tell you, I was so sick of those little guys but it did make me some money to put back into the candle making part. I swore I would never do them again since it took up a lot of my time last year, but now thinking back to the bank account, yeah I think I will do them again this year. lol

I've dipped bears for about 5 years now... they are indeed very lucrative. At a few of my busy fall shows I sell as many 20 - 25 a day... it's not unusual to make about $400 or more at busy holiday shows....

I dip bears, moose, pigs, cows and a few snowmen.... Charge usually around the $20 a piece, which includes the plate/tin and a couple of decorations.

I for sure,, will be dipping them again this year... chachinggggggg!!!!

I'm intrigued. I found directions on the net, but can you use soy instead of pillar wax? I have tons of soy.

Actually I used soy container wax for this guy.

I melted 2lbs of wax and added 2.5oz of FO.

He fit perfectly inside my 4lb pouring pitcher and I had enough room to push him all the way down and soak him completely.

I squeezed him a few times so he didnt drip all over the place. I was supprized how little mess I ended up making.

Actually I used soy container wax for this guy.

I melted 2lbs of wax and added 2.5oz of FO.

He fit perfectly inside my 4lb pouring pitcher and I had enough room to push him all the way down and soak him completely.

I squeezed him a few times so he didnt drip all over the place. I was supprized how little mess I ended up making.

I too used soy when I did mine last year. I found a container, similar to a canister, that was plastic at the dollar store and the small bears (which is all I did last year) fit perfectly inside of it. I think the real trick of doing the bears, other than how you present them, is making sure they are fluffed well. I use a fork to do mine.

What scents do you guys use for these bears...clean cotton is a given but what other...mainly clean/fresh scents?

I have used clean cotton (type), heavenly(type), love spell(type), birds of paradise (requested), trying to think without looking up orders here lol. I didnt do any bakery type scents, most were clean scents and then perfume/body spray dupes. Oh forgot, stormwatch (type) was another popular one.

What scents do you guys use for these bears...clean cotton is a given but what other...mainly clean/fresh scents?

For the white bears, I would say any type of fresh clean or floral scent. Just be careful the FO itself isnt dark in color, or is known to cause yellowing or discoloration of the wax. I want to try one with Vanilla, but am scared it may discolor the white bear.

I may try one with cinnamon on a tan or brown bear.

For the white bears, I would say any type of fresh clean or floral scent. Just be careful the FO itself isnt dark in color, or is known to cause yellowing or discoloration of the wax. I want to try one with Vanilla, but am scared it may discolor the white bear.

I may try one with cinnamon on a tan or brown bear.

If you do, please update us how it holds up. I wish I could remember where I saw it but I thought I saw somewhere that said something about not using cinnamon with the bears, but since I can't find it, I can't speak on it. Maybe if someone else knows, they can post about it.

Hello everyoneI make the wax bears and yes the vanilla will discolor the white bears, so if someone wants a vanilla bear i do a cream or a off white bear. I have actually done a variety of differnt scents with these bears. i have done the cinnamon the most i think its when i decorate them i always have the bear holding cinnamon sticks which is really cute.

I have an order this weekend for a coolwater bear and a pink strawberry bunny

I do many different fragrances, however my most popular are Baby Powder, Cinnamon/Spiced Cranberry (tan, brown and black bears only), Black Cherry, Lilac, Moonlight Path, Vanilla, Pine or pine blends (extremely popular for moose) and Clean Cotton. Others have I have dipped but are more seasonal are Bayberry, Pineapple Blossom, CherryCoconut, Rustic Woods and Cucumber Melon.

The cinnamon sticks is a great touch, I also use some Ivy, or potpourri glued onto the plates.

If you do, please update us how it holds up. I wish I could remember where I saw it but I thought I saw somewhere that said something about not using cinnamon with the bears, but since I can't find it, I can't speak on it. Maybe if someone else knows, they can post about it.

I use cinnamon for bears and can't see why you shouldn't. I would in a nursing home and a resident there has one of my cinnamon ones, she keeps it on her window sill and the sun gets it every afternoon, and still smells really good and she's had it since last Christmas. I did so many of these bears last year for people at work, that I was sick of doing them by the time I was finished and thought that I wouldn't every do them again, well the other day at work I was asked by some of my co-workers if I would be doing the bears this holiday season because they wanted to purchase more, so guess who is going to making bears again this year. A lot of the bears that I did last year were in bakery scents apple cinnamon, Grandma's Kitchen, Vanilla. This year I'm going to try some different scent combinations to see how they do, I sold a lot of Good Lookin Cowboy Candles last year, and think that I will try a bear in that scent to see how it does.

Pam F

I use cinnamon for bears and can't see why you shouldn't. I would in a nursing home and a resident there has one of my cinnamon ones, she keeps it on her window sill and the sun gets it every afternoon, and still smells really good and she's had it since last Christmas. I did so many of these bears last year for people at work, that I was sick of doing them by the time I was finished and thought that I wouldn't every do them again, well the other day at work I was asked by some of my co-workers if I would be doing the bears this holiday season because they wanted to purchase more, so guess who is going to making bears again this year. A lot of the bears that I did last year were in bakery scents apple cinnamon, Grandma's Kitchen, Vanilla. This year I'm going to try some different scent combinations to see how they do, I sold a lot of Good Lookin Cowboy Candles last year, and think that I will try a bear in that scent to see how it does.

Pam F

That's good to know that cinnamon will work. I LOVE Good Looking Cowboy scent, I bet it would be great for a bear. I didnt get to do any of the kitchen scents last year because almost all the bears were from guys to their girlfriend or wife and they scented them in one of the dupes of their favorite perfume. I did do one for a baby shower we did in childrens room (boy I hope I got that right) and it was a huge hit. I did a little more for that bear with decorating since it was for a friend of my son and I knew her as well. Hadn't shopped for baby stuff in a LONG time, it was weird lol