** What's in your pot this weekend? **

Another week gone, another week closer to fall. Only 87 days till Christmas :) Anyone have fairs scheduled for the weekend?

For me it's lots of soap - a citrus weekend. Grapefruit, and Energy (orangey/citrus). Plus a test batch of a stain remover soap. Then maybe some extra batches of my most popular - I've got a wholesale bite that looks pretty promising (crossing fingers and toes), so I might as well get a jump on excess inventory over what I need for shows.

Plus some lavender (FO/EO blend) 2x7 pillars. Again.

Whazzup with you guys?

Centerpiece for my DDIL baby shower. There will be a 5x5 pillar and 2 3x4 pillars all done in baby powder and maybe some votives. I have her favors curing so they will be ready to ship when the time comes. For the pillars I am using Astrolite F since I have some of that left over. Plus doing more testing and trying out different things with Peak's new container wax and their straight paraffin.

I got a case of each of Peaks new waxes, so I'll be doing containers, pillars, votives, carvings, rustics and maybe I'll fit some soap in there somewhere too. That will be all on Sunday. On Sat. none of my burners will be on because we are heading up the mountain to check out the turning of the leaves. :)

Nothing- doing a garage sale tomorrow, so supposed to be preparing for that, but as you can plainly see, I'm still sitting on my rump in front of the puter. :D

My daughter is going to try and sell some of our soaps and my smaller candles also, she made a big flashy sign that says "Help me go to Washington D.C." and then she'll set up a small table with a couple of smaller signs with prices etc.

So, I'm in the middle of making some kiddy embed soaps (bugs, duckies and some strawberry shortcake characters) cuz I think those may sell pretty well. Crossing fingers.

Then on Sunday she's going to try the door-to-door selling also, she's a trooper really, doing anything and everything to try and earn all that money. :highfive:

Will be finishing my order of 24 votives (ran out of sweet pumpkin spice) I have a order for two 26 oz container jars with cranberry FO and I think I want to make some cool looking fall pillars. I also want to do some J225 containers,,,Just gonna play a bit,,,,

I am desperate to get some play time in!! I am planning on making some candles tomorrow, getting some ideas on some things that I want to do, experimenting. I also am going to go to flea markets and look for cool things that I can look to make molds out of!!!

We have our kids football/cheer on Saturday and of course all the NFL games on Sunday...so in between that, I'll be pouring...you guessed it! MORE FREAKING PILLARS!

I'm not complaining, I'm thrilled at the sales but would love some time to play with new colors and scents.

Hopefully nothing :) I've spent all week pouring like a madwoman (clamshells, jars and votives). I have a bit of testing to do, orders to pack, and possibly some stocking up, but hoping/planning to stay away from the pot.

Oh - I do need to make a batch of vanilla pear soap.

Oh, where do I start, have to fill an order for 20 clamshells (10 different scents, 2 each), and pour some clams for my first craft show in 2 weeks. And pour, pour and pour more jars for the show. Labels, etc., and find some time to actually decide how to decorate my display area, get all the various things (cash drawer, receipts, more business cards, signs, etc.), decide what I want to offer for the home show the following weekend. Oh, and get my website updated that I am not an LLC, and change my labels to reflect LLC..oh let's see...I won't see my loved ones til Christmas day at this rate. So, tonight is a night off, I'm doing some retail therapy.

6 pillars on my list of 'have-to-do"

1 mango, 2 sugar cookies, 1 sandlewood, 1 patchouli, 1 Essence of Bethlehem(new FO from Aroma Haven - "This oil is a deep blend of Frankincense and musk laced with soft rose petals and sprinkled with patchouli and delicate orange blossoms").--can't wait to get in the wax - OBB is great.

Then if time permits, Hazelnut & Almond Pastries

I need to pour lots of candles to work off the rough week at work:tongue2:

I am working on perfecting the stupid merlot in a wine glass. waaaaaah-haaa. wild raspberry pillars. moonlight path pillars. Testing JS christmas memories. cranberry spice pillars. If I get my oil soon mango papaya pillars. Tulip pillars

2 Garden mint shamrocks (don't ask me why people are ordering shamrocks right now!) Testing a few votives. oh and playing in my newest addiciton SOAP!! lovin' it so far!

Special order votives for a wedding (150)...no scent and colored brown. I can't imagine brown for a wedding color, but to each his own! Just got done testing them, and will pour this weekend.

3 x 4 pillars. Testing some more of the fragrances my wholesale accounts are requesting...I HATE testing pillars!!!!!!!! but love them to! It's one of those love/hate relationships :laugh2:

Pouring new jar testers also!

Lots and lots of testing going on here, plus a house to clean.

Ya' all have a great weekend! :yay:

The biggest show I do is this weekend so I'll be there selling all of the candles I poured while laid off.

Once the show is over, I have another show to get started pouring for that's two days long in early November. Hoping to add a wholesale account or two. Had a couple of nibbles but they were consignment and I turned them down.

I unfortunately have to work this weekend and considering the fact that it's supposed to rain and storm most of it, I'm sort of sad that I'm working :sad2:

Doesn't keep me from at least getting the rest of the house candle-fied, though when I unloaded all of my supplies for the new workspace, I didn't realize I was so low on FO's, so at the present moment, I'm cruising Peak's and a couple other places for ideas on those.

Other than that, getting used to the Presto. Since I was a stove-top candlemaker, I'm already spoiled on the freedom I have with it. I made a couple of Apple containers to go in my bedroom early this morning (made them in blue since my entire bedroom is that color), but that's it so far. Trying to come up with scents for each room has been a wee bit of a bear considering I'm trying to match the scent with the color (currently working on my green room, thinking Green Tea or the Cucumber Cantelope, though I'm seriously leaning on the Green Tea, I love that scent).

Anybody got any ideas for a pale gray and burgundy bathroom?

lots and lots of jars, votives, and some testers.

it's october, so i think it's time to break out the candy corn candles :grin2:. i might do a few batches of those before work tonight. i guess that is one sort of good thing about working ridiculous hours (2-10am) ~ i have most of the day and some of the night depending on when i sleep to work on candles.

Boy - after reading all the posts on this one - ya'll have me tired! I've got a case of jars to do for gifts.. using J223 for the first time. I'm so new at this that when I get into it my kitchen is a wreck! But, I'm looking forward to playing with both colors and scents.... a variety of both. I ordered some chip dyes I get to check out, hope they work well. I have some new scents too - a fall and christmas sampler. So, I'll be busy. But - with all that, I have meetings and the gym... "first things first." Enjoy all!