check out the $$$ of this candle!

I saw one that came from Harrods in London, I think it was Aqua Di something or other & cost over £300 / nearly $600.

It was big but not so stunning that I'd pay that kind of money....like I've got that much to spend on 1 candle!

Sally.

So that's how you do it: you insert one French word in the brand name and you can sell at insane prices... Who wants to buy my Waxy Mélange candles? Only 300 $/oz.

Actually, that name is growing on me... dibs on it!

I am so cheap. I could be a multi million dollar movie star and I will be the one buying candles from people like us because I want quality not a name that all the other stars are buying. That Madonna and Elton John candle are insane to me. I am married to a Jewish guy they don't go out and buy Kabbalah candles they only buy those little cheap paraffin candles to put in their menorahs. I will not pay $65.00 for grease in a glass with a parfume scent. I have seen those candles up close that is exactly what they are is more oil instead of wax. Its almost like vaseline.

I had a really nice Bond No. 9 in Chelsea Flowers burnt it all up, saved the glass, and enjoyed every minute of it! I was a very strong candle and at a bargain price of $65.00 at Saks! I think I'll make my own and love it even more! You think the Juicy candle is high.......check this out!

My $65 candle is now $78? Wow guess I wont be buying a replacement!

Look at this! Well, it doesn't come across on the copy so good. Saks.com and search bond..........that'll get you there to see all of them!

Bond No.9

Chinatown Candle

From a uniquely New York collection of scents, this seductively dynamic candle casts a spell on your surroundings and lights up the night. Presented in a limited edition plum blossom pillar, studded with Swarovski crystals. Blend of peach blossom, gardenia, tuberose, patchouli

Made of the finest wax and wicks

Burn time approx. 60 hours

6.5 oz.

$185.00 0426664647779QTY. *

You are paying for the name and the snuffer- not to mention the advertisements. Juicy Couture is kinda low end- but they get decent dollars for their products. Candle Delirium and The Sensual Candle have some high dollar candles. There are always consumers out in the market place that associate low price with low quality, they don't buy "cheap". They would never pay less for a product because they think it is inferior. It is a mindset that I would love to capitalize on in the future. :grin2: Never sell yourself short, IMO.

http://www.candledelirium.com/

http://www.thesensualcandle.com/

Hooo-Lay-Mole-LEE!!

Makes one think!.. its all in the marketing!!

Neat container, it reminds me of those old fashioned glass

refrigerator containers my grandmother used to have. But

Now theres a safe candle, it'll probably drown its self out after a

few good burns. One wick is real stretch in that shaped container!!

Apparently they save time and pocket all the money by skipping that

little tedious step called : testing !!

Gessh... what were we thinking!!

I guess I'm one of those people who has "more money than sense" because I wouldn't think twice about buying that candle..not that I want it though. I like juicy and to me for the price juicy sells things for $65 isn't that bad. I know it's terrible but my husband and I do associate price with quality ..not so much on homemade items but on clothes, purses, shoes, electronics, etc. Now beings I make my own candles, I don't buy anyone else's anymore in stores so I wouldn't be buying this candle even if I like it.