Starting over?

Has anyone started over after a long time away from making candles? I've just recently starting playing in my wax again, but discovered I'd lost my notebook! I remember so little and starting over seems so daunting to me. :undecided

And a big Howdy to all ya old-timers ;) ... new-timers too :D

Yes, I retired my candle making about 4 1/2 years ago. Come back and now I see all these soy candles you guys are making. New waxes, new wicks (zink a no no now, and I probably have 50000 of them) Almost forgot everyting I learned. (blame it on my old age) Notes-well I lost those a long time ago. So, almost like starting all over again.

One observation. I find the Fo's a better quality now in many places.

Howdy Trish :) I was gone but not completely. I think. LOL Yup, things are looking much better now. Thanks!

Modhatter... It's only been a year or there abouts so I hope things haven't changed too much. Umm... they've banned Zinc now too??? That just doesn't seem right. Guess I've much more catching up to do. :embarasse

Thanks for the nice WB ya'll! :yay:

Welcome back!

I'm sure you'll remember more than you think once you dive in. We can always remind you. :)

Pop Quiz:

How many drops of liquid dye gets you true black in a paraffin pillar?

Umm... depends on who the mfg is...lol. Besides, if I remember correctly, I had to add a couple drops of another color to it to get the true black.

Alot I do remember still. Mostly it's the the little things like which FOs are and aren't in the normal range and which require different size wicks. All that wick testing all over again. *faint*

Welcome back!

I'm sure you'll remember more than you think once you dive in. We can always remind you. :)

Pop Quiz:

How many drops of liquid dye gets you true black in a paraffin pillar?

Just the right amount. (smile)

Welcome back C........I am just getting back myself.....hope all is well. Email me. Donita

It will be like old hat once you get going. It's like riding a bicycle, really. Welcome back. I know you're posts should still be well archived and the searching feature is a lot easier ... so you won't have to start from the beginning!! Catch yourself up on your old posts lol! You'll be in the swing sooner than you know.

Umm... depends on who the mfg is...lol. Besides, if I remember correctly, I had to add a couple drops of another color to it to get the true black.

Lol, I was just remembering you put 20 in that last 1343 black pillar you made. If I can remember what you did then so will you, or enough to get the ball rolling.

Unless of course you've been getting electroshock therapy in the meantime. In that case, Basic Instructions link is on the left and Peak has some good kits. ;)

Welcome back Ducky. A while back someone bumped up one of your old posts. I thought you had come back then... until I read the date of the post.

I always enjoyed the pics you posted. I'll bet it is like riding a bike...you'll be posting pics in no time! Oh the joy of a face full of FO....now that's something you don't forget. :D

Thanks everyone. It's good to see so many of you still here! :yay:

It's been the same with me Tanya. I've been piddling around about 6 months, but just couldn't get "in the mood". The tide is slowly turning in the right direction now. Yours will too ;)

Top... I'd forgotten about using 20 drops in that one. Wonder how it burnt...LOL