Hot Wax

Rsvlbrat

:eek::eek::eek: OMG - what wax is that?? That really sucks!!

I'm in CA too, but what part are you in to have 100+ temps right now?

Is the wax still okay though?

The one that's melting is container wax. I think I should bring those boxes in the house.

We are in the Sacramento area and it's been HOT! A couple days of 107-108 is a couple too many!

(The wax is ok, much easier to cut right now!)

Wow, that's a lot of wax you've got there. You're so lucky! ;)

It occurs to me to wonder that if the ambient outdoor temp is 107*, how hot is your garage getting? Since you have container wax, I'm guessing the MP must be around 123*, & looking at your boxes, your wax is melting to some degree. :eek:

I had once read a suggestion by a cat owner who re-uses their old cat litter plastic containers to store their wax, which is what I've recently started to do myself. However, you have way too much wax for that. Have you thought about buying some larger, plastic storage bins so that when your wax starts to melt it won't be absorbed by the plastic like it's being absorbed by the cardboard? Another concern I'd have would be the wax picking up cardboard particles. Straining wax is just another chore I try to avoid. But you've proably already thought about that stuff. :)

Eeks! Bev, that really scares me. I don't even want to go look in my garage at the 20+ cases I have. LOL Maybe it's time to go on a huge pouring spree huh?

Maybe a good idea! LOL - hey if your's is ok, can I store my other boxes in your garage? J/K

;)

At times I've cursed the fact that our garage is under our house (takes half of our basement away), but now I'm grateful. It stays pretty cool in my garage, even in the summer, so I've never had to worry about the wax melting like that. Yikes!

Ohhhh my. Let me tell you, I too keep my wax in the garage. Well, my hubby brought a slab in the other day that was now in the shape of a U. Needless to say since my hubby knows how much my candle and soap stuff cost me last year, he is now inclosing the garage and making it my work room...YIP EEEEEE!!!!

I am sooooooo ungrateful.....I am always complaining about the wax boxes being in my way......they are in my aircontidioned studio.....shame shame shame on me......I'm sorry that this is happening to you.....I get some boxes that UPS drops and we have to clean up all of the dirty pieces......the last wax came on a truck and was on a pallet that actually stayed together. Wonder if you just kept a fan on in your garage if that would cool it a little. That container wax is the first to go......hope you can use it EASILY. Donita