I've been scoping out the competition...

KristinesShower

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About us page shows : "Sweet Cupcake is based in Alabama and now offers hand-poured soy candles, bath & body products, as well as over 3,000 additional products including Home Decor and Collectibles. We proudly serve over 1,000 Consultants worldwide."

And the home page shows: "Update: We now have over 3,500 Consultants Nationwide!"

Here is an actual consultants page she was advertising on craigslists: http://www.sweetcupcakecandles.com/Juliekeegan/

I feel sorry for the people that get caught in these sort of deals. If they would have read over the pages they would have seen that nothing adds up just right.

Thats a pretty common stock photo. I've seen it for sale for a dollar on a few stock photo sites.

Jenny, I live in your area (sort of- like a couple hours away) and those companies aren't your competition as far as I'm concerned.... they don't compare to unique and interesting products like yours. I personally can not stand companies like party lite. They are over priced and thei product is sub standard. Yuck. And all the crappy little knick knacks & tuff that they sell just proves it.

I was one of the jacka**es that joined Sweet Cupcake and so far I have not done a thing with it. I am not sure if it is really a lig. company or not. The sites were always up & down. And then when I would email support for questions I never got answers! So I am going to try my hand at making my own candles and if they turn out good I may even sell a few.

Lisa

It looks like I have no labels as I do show the product but mine are on top of the jar.Also the warning label is on the bottom.I do hang tags for lotion and soaps.Starting to go back to a label for those.Did labels but did not look nice after a while on bottles so now when I find a waterproof label and have some time to work with it will probably go back to a label for soap and lotion.I do have ingredients on the back of hang tag and someone tried to get me by saying."Do you pass out info on your skin products".I said the lotion and soaps are dye free and scented with a skin safe fragrance AND the ingredients are on the back.So she turned it over.She thought she got me but didn't.

LynnS

I'm sorry Lisa - did you ever get to even SEE what they were selling? Did they even send you any candles or b&b products?

What totally baffles me is that these ladies on another board I am on keep getting more and more excited about all the underlings they have in their "network" yet NONE of them have any products! Haven't even SEEN them (except on the site of course) and if that's not bad enough, none of them even know if there will be labels on any of the merchandise.

There has been a discussion going on for about 2 weeks now and none of them know what to say. I have been trying to do the best I can to educate them and warn them that if they sell products with no labels, they could be in big trouble, but that always gets looked over when another rep comes on to advertise her 30 new reps under her.

My GOD one of them said she had 300 ladies UNDER her...all those reps and no product - how can you do that?? I mean, am I crazy or what? How can you go around advertising this stuff when you've never seen, tried, or received any of it.

Oh, it's well up over 4,000 reps now the newest post says...so I know they were asking for a $10.00 start up fee, so maybe they are collecting the fees and going to skip outta town. $40,000.00 is a good take for a bunch of unsuspecting ladies doncha think?

This whole thing makes me cringe.

I don't think that I am going to stick it out with Sweet Cupcake. For one I have not heard anything about the smells of the candles and now it seems as if people can buy other stuff on the websites as well. Such as housewares, holiday gift items, ect.. I wonder where they got all this stuff in the first place to sell anyways. From what I did hear about the candles one gal said she ordered a few and the scents did not thrill her and the scents did NOT last more than 1 or 2 hours!

If I would buy a candle I want it to smell good all the time whether it's burning or not! I say don't waste time and money joining a company like SCC. SORRY if I offended anyone on here but that's my 2 cents worth!

( I think that I will stick to learning to make my own candles)santa eek

Lisa

OK Here is the "411" on Sweet Cupcake Candle. First off my email has been flooded with all complaints about this company. Lot's of people are really pissed off because some have not recieved their stuff that they ordered, and I guess that the owner of the company made a comment on one of the boards that if they had to put Sweet Cupcake on the "back burner" for awhile then they will. That is not the correct way to run any business. I do realize that they have thousands of consultants but man that is just WRONG! I guess that lots of people feel sorry for the founder of this company coz she has a toddler and has another one on the way! I understand that part but if you start something you need to be able to complete it reguardless. RIGHT?

I heard that some people are turning this company in to the BBB. I think that I will ahng loose just to acess the boards and see what really happens, in the meantime I am going to enjoy my self trying to make my own candles!:D

WellI am off my soapbox LOL

OK now if you know anyone who is thinking about getting into Sweet Cupcake Candle tell them NOT TO DO IT. I guess that someone has reported SCC to some place on the net about rip-off companies, and that person said that SCC gets most of their products from SMC in CA. I looked at the SMC website , I guess that they drop ship items from there, ect.. I am going to opt out of SCC . SORRY I posted this again, I am sure that you are all "tired" of hearing this but I wanted to get you all up to date. I say people should save their time and money and make their own candles/bath products! I think that this company( SCC) has bit off WAY more than they can handle.

Thanks for letting me post this here.santa big

Lisa

I hd an email this morning from Mia Bella - the subject line is "Why Soy Candles?" Tey fixed their labels but apparently not anythig else.

But... SWEETCUPCAKE!

I've been following this thread and I too, signed up for the free sweetcupcake thing to check it out. The 'back burner' comment floored me.

But anyway, I got an email form my "sponser" today that was somewhat criptic so I logged onto the website to check out the message boards.

The message boards are down and I ran into a message stating someone apparently logged into the founders paypal account and stole credit card info from all the consulatants!

The rather long explanations and what happened is here:

http://www.sweetcupcakecandles.com/backoffice/community/

Yeahhhh.... so who's scamming who now? Whatever, this 'company' is full of it and so many people were suckered in....

I got out of Sweet Cupcake Candle Company lsat night and boy am I GLAD that I did. Sounds to me like a "scam" going on there. I am also GLAD that I DID NOT order anything from there, nor did I give any personal information out such as, SS# Credit card info., ect... I really feel sorry for the consultants that did give out all that info., and who did place orders there! I say NO THANKS, I'd rather make my own candles!:yay:

Ok, Everyone...

Here's what I got on SCC..

Like we weren't expecting this!

Sweet Cupcake's site & back office are all gone! Owner has stated

that someone stole over $4000 from her paypal account & accessed all

payment records & consultants info.

Then she posted that no one would get refunds for anything unless

they were double charged.

In the mean time we have found out that Sweet Cupcake did not have

an "original" line of products, she is getting these from another

company. Take a look at this site & you will see the EXACT same

scents, products, bottles, everything that SC claimed as their

original line of products.

www.lalumierecandles.com

Too much of a coincidence for me!

And guess what now- the whole SC site is gone now! Imagine that!

I know that no one who joined- expected this to happen when they

joined. There are a lot of angry, upset & worried people out there

right now.

Just want to warn everyone who was/is a consultant with Sweet

Cupcake.

If you made a purchase, file a claim with paypal or your credit card

co. immeadiately as I am sure you will never see your orders.

Several consultants are suggesting legal action be filed against the

company. If I learn more about that, I will post it...

Thank you & I am sorry for everyone who was involved with this

company.

I am SO THANKFUL that I NEVER invested any $$ into this company, and to be honest I never invested much time either! I sure hope that the people that did invest $ get it all back but so far what I have read and the emails that I get it does not look good.

Have a great day allsanta wink