Had a fire today

Everything is ok and it wasn't bad, but this is what happened: A couple of days ago I was heating some wax in a pot on direct heat for a sandcandle. I got to thinking about what would happen if it sprung a leak....a fire of course. Well it was ok. I put on a pot today with water to crackle candles and it sprung a leak....luckily it just had water in it. I have never had one leak. Sooooooo I put on a new pot and sat down at the computer to tell everyone about this. I looked over at the stove and it was on fire. My new burner overheated and caught the wax drippings in the drip pan on fire and flames were leaping up the pot. Luckily it was just water in the pan as the flames were up to the top. My DH came in and in his usual cool manner took the pan off of the stove. I told him to put it on the floor. Not wanting to ruin the floor he just held it and finally put it on a metal lid and then just blew out the fire. I was armed with the extinguisher. He told me that I am not very good in an emergency. My adrenalin was pumping. Sooooo I am going to buy a heavy duty pot to use when I am direct heating. Be careful. Donita

Oooeee! Scary for sure. I caught a pot on fire once but it was on my porch on the grill. I set another pan over it & it smothered it out. Still made my heart pound too!

Glad you, hubby & your home is okay.

Julue

I'm sure glad everything worked out okay! You're lucky your husband was there and kept a cool head. My husband and I are both two of a kind, which would have been unfortunate in this case, as we both would have panicked and our house would have probably burned down in the process!! Glad you're okay!!

I've had that happen a couple times, very scary stuff. Once it happened just a couple days after I'd taught the employees how to use the fire extinguisher (you'd be amazed how many people don't know) and boy was that a good thing! Glad to hear nothing major bad happened!

My DH came in and in his usual cool manner took the pan off of the stove. I told him to put it on the floor. Not wanting to ruin the floor he just held it and finally put it on a metal lid and then just blew out the fire. I was armed with the extinguisher. He told me that I am not very good in an emergency. My adrenalin was pumping. Donita

lol.

Well I'm glad to hear there was no serious damage.

wow glad you're ok

Sometimes I have to run out on emergencies, if one of my seniors need help, I have fears of leaving the house with candles lit so I"ve posted a sign on the inside of my front door

TURN OFF CANDLES

MAKE SURE STOVE IS OFF

WATER FOR MISSY ( MY DOG) LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I have two extinguishers in my studio, baking soda and a box of salt on my desk.....do not want any fires.....I had an arsonist break into my apt. when I lived in LA and set two bedrooms on fire.....he threw a gun belt on a burning bed and luckily an old lady that was home heard the bullets going off and looked out and saw smoke.....the fire department threw my cat out of the window (two story) because they thought he was dead.....it just started his heart and he came back home two days later. My poor little poodle was hiding under the stove...the guy came in with a bottle in one hand and a knife. He lit other places on fire too. He cut someone's goldfish in half and then lit their garage on fire....also came back that night and stole all of my pretty underwear....sick sick sick..... then one time my DH was sawing some wood around the goat pen and a spark ignited a fire. He didn't know it and left to go to the store. I came home from work and the woods next to our house were ablaze. Amanda and I got buckets of water out of the above ground pool and kept the fire under control until the firetruck came. It was very scarey. We had sold the house and were going to close in a week. The firemen left....but that night I looked down from upstairs and saw red glowing embers.....so out we went and got the fire out!!!!!!!!!! I have had my fill of fires. Everyone please be careful. Donita