I'm gonna quit

Well gang, I'm afraid I got some not so good news today. I'm booked for a hip replacement in Sept. so I'm gonna give up on this great hobby.I know I shouldn't post here but if you check, I'll post on the classified section. It's been a great ride for sure, thanks to all that helped me along the way. I guess this old age is everything they told me it would be.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh Tucker.. Wish you the best with your surgery, and hope the candle bug doesn't leave ya while you're in recovery. Please think a few days before you sell your supplies. You've got many to think outside of the box, and that creativity and your spirit will be missed greatly. Don't be a stranger.. ((hugs))

Ohh Tucker.. Wish you the best with your surgery, and hope the candle bug doesn't leave ya while you're in recovery. Please think a few days before you sell your supplies. You've got many to think outside of the box, and that creativity and your spirit will be missed greatly. Don't be a stranger.. ((hugs))

I ditto that. You have come such a long way. Doesn't that mean, you will feel better, having the surgery?

Hey now boy, do NOT say QUIT, just say you're taking some time off while you recover, cuz nowadays they are so much less invasive then they used to be, and you'll be up and going nuts if you sell all your supplies off and have nothing to do once you feel up to it. ;)

You have been such an inspiration to a lot of folks here, and you're fun ta boot!! :D

Good luck with your surgery and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back here really really soon. :)

******HUGS*******

Tucker,

I will say a prayer for an easy surgery and a quick recovery..

Please keep us all posted and keep in touch...

My Uncle had a hip replacement last year, he is in his late 60's and he is up and running now!! He says the hip replacement was the best thing he could have done.... No more pain...

Maybe you could just put the candle-making on hold and see how it all goes.

Then you will have you favorite hobby waiting for you when you are feeling better...

God Bless

Hey Tucker - I'll keep you on my prayer list for your upcoming surgery. My grandmother had her hip done two years ago and now I have to keep up with her, lol. We went to England last May and are going again next year. I hope everything turns out well for you. So stay in touch and let us know how you're doing. We'll miss you around here :)

Cliff, good luck with your surgery. But I don't get the quitting part. You don't seem to be having trouble making candles now. Your surgery isn't until September. I assume you aren't getting a new hip so you can sit around afterwards and do nothing. So why ditch something you've been enjoying so much? I'm trying to understand if there's a practical reason or if you're just feeling down.

Tucker, please think about this before putting your stuff in in the classifieds. My FIL and MIL have had both hips replaced. Granted you probably feel like crap now but after the surgery and rehab you'll be a new man. Just think - you'll have the hips of a 20 yr old. Maybe just stepping back while waiting for surgery would work for you. I understand you must be feeling pretty miserable right now. Constant pain is a terrible thing. Maybe pain therapy or acupuncture will help you thru these next few months.

Wishing you the best with your surgery, but don't be too quick to give up candles. My Mom had her hip replaced a couple of summers ago and within 6 months she was basically doing everything she had before and the next summer she was out mowing the lawn, gardening and has no restrictions on anything she can do. And she says she has never felt better!

So don't be too hasty, maybe even in a couple of months you can start to get back into it slowly

Im so sorry Tucker to hear that you need the hip replacement!! Please reconsider selling off your supplies till after you have recovered from your surgery!! The surgery doesnt mean that you have to quit, you just may need to make a few adjustments in your life!!

You take good care of yourself and know that you have our prayers, love and support!!!

God Bless,

Sorry to hear this Cliff. Please reconsider selling off all your supplies. It will really give you something to look forward to when you are up and around agian. Just think of all the researching you can do. Might be able to come up with alot of new ideas while laying there getting well.

If you do, we will all miss you. Take care.

Don't know if you're a Monty Python fan but I keep thing about the scene in the Holy Grail where the character has no arms and no legs and he is yelling, "C'mon, I ain't dead yet!" He still wants to fight; that's the way I see you, LOL.

e

Oh Cliff.....I am so sorry to hear this news. You are not the give up kind of guy. Don't sell your stuff. Remember Elizabeth Taylor.?.....Look at how many surgeries she has gone through and she is still up and running. You can do it. This is such discouraging news....I know it would be freaking me out too, but once you are healed, you will be bored if you don't have your wax to play with, trust me. What does V want you to do? She's in this with you.....you have survived before and you can do it again. Much love, Donita

Tucker, I'm sorry to hear about you needing surgery..... But please don't quit!!! Your candles are so great, and we love having you here. Give it some time, and see how your recovery goes before deciding to give up and sell everything. You never know, you might feel great afterwards and wish you were able to get back to your hobby.

Candles will be lit for you........

Hey Tucker,

I truly believe you will be up & running around much quicker than you think.

I know several people who've had hip surgery and they had a speedy recovery. My bil was 43 when he had it.

Here'e my quarter on why you should continue to make candles:

1) it allows you to be creative:cool2:

2) it keeps you active:bliss:

3) it keeps you out of the bars:laugh2:

4) you offer encouragement to a lot of folks :whoohoo:

5) you truly love making candles :thumbsup:

6) you have a great sense of humor and I enjoy your posts!:grin2:

I know I 'm not in your shoes and I sincerely wish you only the very best!:thumbsup:

THIS IS THE ONLY THING I'M TRULY GOING TO MISS ABOUT MAKING CANDLES "all of my beautiful new found friends"Seriously, we've thought this out long and hard. Fact is, ain't gonna be makin candles all summer when there's so much fishin to be done, Hell the best fishin around is right in our back yard so that's a given. I do all my candle stuff in the basement and steps are just a pain in the ass (literally) so that is the big reason. And please don't forget, I am 75 years of age and am just gonna slow down a bit. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR WISHES AND THOUGHTS.