I'm gonna quit

Awwwww Tucker, my Dad will be 75 next week. He has really bad knees a really should consider a bilateral knee replacement but he's kinda stubborn. I've seen him in pain but the crazy guy keeps golfing 2 days a week. I agree with everyone, just put your candle stuff away and take the summer to have some fun, fish and prepare for your surgery in September. After you rehab, you should really feel and see a huge difference. You just might want to come back play in wax with us. You'll have plenty of time to conjure up some dollies for us. Good luck and God Bless you on you surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery and rehab. Hugs!!!!! :awww:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been around here that long but I had surgery on my neck back in July and I practically gave everything up at the time. It took me up till just this past few weeks to get back in the swing of things and it was a rough surgery for sure. Still not traveling well to say the least. Now I am looking at the great possibility of disc replacement on my back...will know for sure after the 28th. Anyway, what I am trying to say is I let my surgery get the best of me for a while, not that it wasn't a rough deal or anything with being on the pain meds and trying to get back to normal, it was. I didn't sell out of my supplies they were calling me each and every time I went out in the shop. I really wanted to give it up and stop but it gives me such pleasure to make a candle, tart or whatever and working with the wax has truly became "therapy" for me over the past few weeks. Granted, I understand completely where you are coming from. It is hard to go through something like this and not think that you should be done and it got me down many times and thinking about the possibility of having my back done is starting to work on me in the same way. Stay positive and know that you will be back to your normal self after a little time....that is all it will take. I am praying for you and hope that you don't make a fast decision on this. I have seen some of your work and like the others have said, you do beautiful work and it would truly be a shame for you to stop creating these works of art you have been given the talent to create!

First of all I want to wish you a Speedy Recovery from your surgery. I will keep you in my prayers. And please don't sell off your candle supplies.... just put them on hold for now, until you are ready again. We would hate to see you leave us. You have been a great inspiration to us all. You better make sure to get a laptop so you can still get on this board to check out everyone's creativity. :D