What are your favorite RE FOs

Reliquar

They are numerous.  Off the top of my head, I like Salty Sea Air, Tuscan Fields, Wine by Candlelight, Rustic Lodge, Dreamcatcher, Lemon Verbena, Lemon Curd, Amaretto, Caramel Cafe, Beachwood Vetyver, Cuban Tobacco, Little Black Dress (excellent for soap), several of the Christmas scents...Main St Christmas, Christmas Bliss.  There is a Butter Rum something or other that I'm digging right now.  The Sweet Pumpkin is a good straight pumpkin, because I don't love spicy pumpkin scents, good for blends too.  I also use the Baked Apple (the HI dupe) and it sells well for me.  They have a lot of great oils.

It depends on what  you like and that's honestly  how you should start your order lol. 

My new found favorite is Red Saffron, but I'm more of a hippie head around here. By far it isn't my only favorite. There are quite a lot of very good scents at this company. Perhaps you could share a list of interests to get a better response here. I will say, though, that their Rapture is divine but has not worked well for candles for me ... it doesn't like to mix that well. 

They have so many that I love, and it really depends on what you're looking for. Are we talking candles or B&B? I mostly get oils for soaps and lotions from them, but they have some excellent ones for candles too.

At minimum, I would say try Clothespins, it's the best "laundry" FO I have ever smelled. And the Cuban Tobaccco is outstanding, great on its own and perfect for blending.

Christmas Bliss hands down best Christmas/holiday theme fragrance I have ever smelled in my entire life. It reminds me a bit of a head shop incense rack smell, but in a really, really good way, with a slight festive twist to it. It's flippin amazing.

Cuban Tobacco smells nothing like tobacco but it smells hella good none the less. Warm, a bit masculine, mildly sweet, a bit of spice. Lots of versatility in naming something you use it in, but smells great. 

Their "just peachy" peach FO also impressed me, since I usually don't like synthetic fruit smells at all. It smelled like genuine ripe peaches and was strong. 

I can't personally gauge the neroli FO because it's not my cup of tea, but I ordered the sample size for someone else who loves bergamot/neroli type smells, and she really liked it.

Purple Sandalwood is THE BOMB, hard to describe it but it's super nice. They somehow managed to balance that sort of earth/wood+flower thing without it coming out like some cheap baby powder incense smell. I add a drop of cedar EO to it for a little extra depth and it's awesome.

If you're looking for bakery FO's I love their toasted marshmallow, vanilla butter fudge, banana walnut cake, birthday cake the best seller, caramel pretzel bar, grandma's cupboard, key lime, pumpkin bread, salted caramel popcorn, southern pecan pie, warm vanilla nutmeg, welcome home. Others I like are  Barbershop 1920's (my favorite manly scent) strawberry musk and several more. Like everyone said, it depends on what you're looking for. You can't go wrong with them though.

• Like 1

I second Goldie with the Spiced Pumpkin Latte. Yum!  My favorite coffee scent.

I also like Caramel Café, Da Lime in Da Coconut, Baked Apple (Home interiors type),  and Celtic Moonspice,  

I like Ginger Souffle and Sea Grass & Sand Dunes but they haven't sold very well.

I need more Spiced Pumpkin Latte one of these days and would like to order Tuscan Fields and Caribbean Day Spa.  Loved the samples I got of those two.

Oh yeah, Warm Vanilla Nutmeg is a knock you down yum fragrance. 

Strawberry Musk will surprise you also

Country Gift Shop

Rustic Lodge

Essence of Jesus 

They are coming bit by bit since I'm needing to place an order for more Red Saffron lol. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2018 at 2:57 PM, Sarah S said:

They have so many that I love, and it really depends on what you're looking for. Are we talking candles or B&B? I mostly get oils for soaps and lotions from them, but they have some excellent ones for candles too.

At minimum, I would say try Clothespins, it's the best "laundry" FO I have ever smelled. And the Cuban Tobaccco is outstanding, great on its own and perfect for blending.

@Sarah S does clothespins smell like Gain, Island Fresh Gain, Tide, Downy Fresh, Downy Blue, Snuggle, etc... ?  

I was going to get a 16 oz of Flannel Sheets, but seen that you think that Clothespins is the best laundry I'm now rethinking what one to get in the # size.  Please LMK 😊

@Marleigha, I absolutely detest the name brand detergent fragrances. Not intending to offend, but any detergent or clean cotton type makes me want to gag. So, no, it does not smell like any of those! Lol! 😆

To me it smells like a fuzzy blanket hanging in the sun and fresh air that someone you love wraps around you as they envelop you in a big hug. It is warm and clean and fresh, but not at all soapy. I love it, and I have also gotten rave reviews from those who like clean cotton type scents. It is also a great mixer!

I haven't tried Flannel Sheets, sorry! So I wouldn't be able to compare for you. The Clothespins is very strong, so if you hate it, you're really going to hate it. 😰

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sarah S said:

@Marleigha, I absolutely detest the name brand detergent fragrances. Not intending to offend, but any detergent or clean cotton type makes me want to gag. So, no, it does not smell like any of those! Lol! 😆

To me it smells like a fuzzy blanket hanging in the sun and fresh air that someone you love wraps around you as they envelop you in a big hug. It is warm and clean and fresh, but not at all soapy. I love it, and I have also gotten rave reviews from those who like clean cotton type scents. It is also a great mixer!

I haven't tried Flannel Sheets, sorry! So I wouldn't be able to compare for you. The Clothespins is very strong, so if you hate it, you're really going to hate it. 😰

LOL.... Okay.  I actually do enjoy clean cotton fragrances and Gain FO's and Downy FO's.  But I totally get it that you detest them.  Lol 😂. There are a handful of FO's that I personally can not stand.

The clothespins sounds amazing!  Is it one you reorder time and time again?  

Anyone out there by chance that has smelled both RE clothespins and RE Flannel Sheets that can explain how they compare to one another?  Thanks so much @Sarah S  Sny other goodies from RE that you love?  

15 hours ago, Marleigha said:

LOL.... Okay.  I actually do enjoy clean cotton fragrances and Gain FO's and Downy FO's.  But I totally get it that you detest them.  Lol 😂. There are a handful of FO's that I personally can not stand.

The clothespins sounds amazing!  Is it one you reorder time and time again?  

Anyone out there by chance that has smelled both RE clothespins and RE Flannel Sheets that can explain how they compare to one another?  Thanks so much @Sarah S  Sny other goodies from RE that you love?  

I do reorder that one Marleigha, it's a good seller and I personally use it a lot. If you're a soaper, it is  fantastic performer in CP.

I love a lot of RE fragrances! Truly there are only a small handful that I haven't liked from them. 

Good ones:

Vanilla Lace

Cuban Tobacco

Havanna Nights 

Angel Heart

Sweet Amber Musk

Blackberry Sage

Artica

Those are my favorites. But notice the lack of bakery, floral, or clean notes! I have a weakness for earthy, boozey, musk, patchouli, amber, and herbal notes. Oh, the Amish Quilt is great too! I use that one for incense.

2 hours ago, Forrest said:

I don't need another FO supplier so I am not going to read this thread. I'll not let y'all tempt me, I'm just going to ignore it. Although the Cuban Tobacco sound really nice.

Definitely don't look at the above list then. 😆

Cuban Tobacco is the best tobacco I've ever tried. Just sayin'. 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forrest said:

I don't need another FO supplier so I am not going to read this thread. I'll not let y'all tempt me, I'm just going to ignore it. Although the Cuban Tobacco sound really nice.

Oh it is!  And it's definitely a fantastic mixer as well!!!  😇

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

I do reorder that one Marleigha, it's a good seller and I personally use it a lot. If you're a soaper, it is  fantastic performer in CP.

I love a lot of RE fragrances! Truly there are only a small handful that I haven't liked from them. 

Good ones:

Vanilla Lace

Cuban Tobacco

Havanna Nights 

Angel Heart

Sweet Amber Musk

Blackberry Sage

Artica

Those are my favorites. But notice the lack of bakery, floral, or clean notes! I have a weakness for earthy, boozey, musk, patchouli, amber, and herbal notes. Oh, the Amish Quilt is great too! I use that one for incense.

Definitely don't look at the above list then. 😆

Cuban Tobacco is the best tobacco I've ever tried. Just sayin'. 😁

I will definitely grab the Clothespins this go round then.  I love clean smells, earthy smells, fruity smells, bakery smells, etc... I'm not really picky to be 100% honest.  But clean smells are probably my favs.  I have to agree with you about the Cuban Tobacco, Vanilla Lace, Amish Quilt & Sweet Amber Musk.  So will definitely  have to try Blackberry Sage and Artica.  TFS!  😇

On 7/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, Forrest said:

you mentioned Cuban Tobacco and I have to say that this is an FO worth having on hand.......

Amish Quilt..........great for holidays

Sweet amber musk......the hot throw fills the entire house with a great scent.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 12:54 PM, NaughtyNancy said:

Purple Sandalwood is THE BOMB, hard to describe it but it's super nice. They somehow managed to balance that sort of earth/wood+flower thing without it coming out like some cheap baby powder incense smell. I add a drop of cedar EO to it for a little extra depth and it's awesome

Purple Sandlewood is a great scent all by it's self.........pour that baby and enjoy it!!!   As Nancy suggests, you can add other FO/EOs to the blend..........adding some more earth scents OR adding any other FO that suites you fancy.........purple sandlewood is a basic scent that is so above the charts as a wonderful scent but can also be blended with other scents...........nothing more than your imagination can take you further.........kwim???????

All that said, I am partial to any sandlewood FO blend........with sandlewood being the starting FO, you can add anything from fruity, floral; other woodsy scents to create your own special scent.

DO not be afraid to experiment with adding misc FOs to earthy scents...........

On 5/31/2018 at 12:54 PM, NaughtyNancy said: