Need your criticism please

Im not a logo designer by any stretch of the imagination. I need to update my current logo and am leaning in this direction. Depending on the color scheme for the particular label, I can swap the colors out depending on that labels color pallette. Its just something I came up with in Adobe Illustrator while adding some info into my current labels. Let me know what you think if you dont mind :) 

4mE606pl.png     H53oSQ9l.png  

Edited by Clear Black

Looks pretty good, but I would try and stick with one color scheme to make it easier, but I guess it would depend on what color paper your using as well. The 2 in the middle seem to catch the eye a little more the the others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tokoo said:

Looks pretty good, but I would try and stick with one color scheme to make it easier, but I guess it would depend on what color paper your using as well. The 2 in the middle seem to catch the eye a little more the the others. 

Just to clarify, I have currently 25 different fragrances I carry seasonally. Each label has the exact same design and logo, I just interchange the colors to match with the fragrance. So these are all the same logo, just the color will be different for each label. I only added different colors to show you or rather ask you if it works as different colors or not.

Hope that clarifies that for you and thanks so far for the critique

Very very nice Clear Black.   They are very professional looking; clean and very upscale....! 

One color is as nice as the other so I love them all.   Are your candles dyed?

Looking at a quick glance if you are using different different colors to go with the fragrance names, just looking at the labels quickly I really can't tell that much of a difference in the colors as they are so closely the same in color you can't tell much difference so I would tend to probably go with one color to make things so much easier.  My first choice would be the 2'nd one (the black font with the red flame.)  But I love them all....great job! 

Trappeur

Professional looking!!  Great job.  I like the black as well and agree that changing the color on the font may not make enough of a difference to matter to anyone but you if that's how you know the scent.  I like the idea of the flame being a different color if you wanted to change something for each scent.  Are you putting a scent name on the label or anywhere on the candle?  If yes, then I would just stick to 1 color font for sure.

3 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Professional looking!!  Great job.  I like the black as well and agree that changing the color on the font may not make enough of a difference to matter to anyone but you if that's how you know the scent.  I like the idea of the flame being a different color if you wanted to change something for each scent.  Are you putting a scent name on the label or anywhere on the candle?  If yes, then I would just stick to 1 color font for sure.

Thats a great idea....keeping all the fonts 1 color like what we are talking about say like the black font and just change the flame color.....love that idea KK...

Trappeur

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Thats a great idea....keeping all the fonts 1 color like what we are talking about say like the black font and just change the flame color.....love that idea KK...

I didn't even notice the font color difference to be honest.  I am partly colorblind and the font was not noticeable.  Tho i did notice the flame color change.

Gun to my head, I like the 3rd one best.  I do not like that there are 3 different sizes of font...that is the first thing I noticed.  I agree that "Trading" should not be the biggest font, since your company name is really Eastland.  I do like the overall feel of it though, it is clean, the flame is cute, and it just seems professional.  

On 5/26/2018 at 11:07 PM, Clear Black said:

Just to clarify, I have currently 25 different fragrances I carry seasonally. Each label has the exact same design and logo, I just interchange the colors to match with the fragrance. So these are all the same logo, just the color will be different for each label. I only added different colors to show you or rather ask you if it works as different colors or not.

Hope that clarifies that for you and thanks so far for the critique

Oh that makes sense then. You seem to have what is needed to catch the eye, clean, and professional looking. I'd say you done a great job, Illustrator can be a challenge using  itself.