What are you favorite spiced orange scents?

denetteb

As I was making my most recent batch of tarts and candles, I realized that my stash is missing a good spiced orange (or spiced citrus) scent.  Any favorites that you could recommend?  Before I started making my own melts and candles, I loved Scentsy's Spiced Grapefruit...it was the perfect scent to cut through all the heavy vanilla and cinnamon scents that I gravitate to during the colder months, but still felt seasonally appropriate if that makes sense.  Any recs (single oils or even scent blends) would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!!

If you're up for some blending experiment fun, I use bramble berry's orange 10x essential oil. It's only a tiny bit more expensive than most FO's, and its potency really is something wild, actually have to be careful with it, because just 1-2 more drops than intended can easily overpower an entire blend. I bought a bottle of it, because I personally am not a fan of citrus scents, but I have several people who I make stuff for, who basically live and breathe citrus. So that 10x orange EO is really nice to have in my stock, as I only need a couple drops of it and can then experiment blending all manner of FO's into it to make lots of 'new' citrus scents for them to enjoy. Handles different spice type FO's just fine, but the results are a little different with each. If someone wants to give it a go and get more for their shipping fee, I find that bramble berry's spiced red tea is a pretty versatile spice FO for blending, it's basically like adding a hint of really rich chai tea to anything it touches. I can't really comment personally on how awesome or not different combos are, since again citrus is not my thing, but it was a hit in regards to gifts.

Edited by NaughtyNancy

56 minutes ago, GailC said:

I think Millcreek has a good Orange Clove.  

I bought a bottle of Aztec's 100% Natural Orange Clove, and it smells good OOB, but I haven't put it in wax yet.

I bought that Aztec Orange Clove and then realized it is made from essential oils.  Since it says it fades in soap, I'm thinking it isn't for candles.  Also, description doesn't mention how it performs in wax.  So I'm not going to waste the wax to test it.  What do you think?

GoldieMN

4 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

I bought that Aztec Orange Clove and then realized it is made from essential oils.  Since it says it fades in soap, I'm thinking it isn't for candles.  Also, description doesn't mention how it performs in wax.  So I'm not going to waste the wax to test it.  What do you think?

GoldieMN

Well, I used their 100% Natural Citrus Fantasy in candles and I thought they were strong enough.  I would think at least the clove part would be strong.  I didn't read that soap review, or I might have thought twice about ordering it.  

But a couple of the reviews said it threw well in wax.  I need to make some and see I guess. Maybe I should add some Tangerine Dream.  That stuff is strong!

• 10 months later...
On 12/1/2017 at 4:26 AM, Belinda said:

I use NG's Orange Clove and ICS or Cajun's Spiced Oranges. I don't know if they're the best out there but they're pretty good to my nose.

I'm curious which of these 3 you most recommend? Or are they all equally good to you?

On 10/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, Gsmakinsoap said:

I'm curious which of these 3 you most recommend? Or are they all equally good to you?

The Spiced Oranges from Cajun and ICS seem to be the same to my nose. Orange clove is also good. I'll have to sniff them together and get back with you. They might be so similar that it wouldn't pay to have orange clove and spiced oranges. 

• Like 1