Do you ever look at some of the FOs you've bought and go "WTF was I thinking??"

Darbla

I have plenty of these!

Maybe we should have a WTF swap!  Never know,  somebody may LOVE the one you hate.

Anybody wanna trade for:

NG; pineapple orchid, energize

Aztec; musk

candlesoy; almond

Edited by franu61
  • Like 4

I had 3 of Candlewic's newer FO's in my cart for awhile.  I had samples of all of them and thought they were pretty good.

Smelled them some more before I ordered and realized they weren't all that after all.  Besides my customers would rather buy straight forwardscents that you can know basically what they smell like from the name. Apple Pie, Pumpkin Cupcake, Cinnamon Bun, Lemon Pound Cake, Eucalyptus Spearmint.  

I doubt I could sell many Mahogany Spice or Succulent Agave & Oakmoss. 

I have bought some just because of the name and description and lived to regret it.  Like Guardian Angel.

Or bought something because ONE person requested it.  Like Cashmere Glow....just ewwwww.

@Sarah S thank goodness I only bought a small bottle of Fresh Cut Grass for one person, because no one else ever wanted any of that one!

I keep telling myself I am NOT going to buy any more unusual fragrances just because one person wants a candle or melts in that scent.  What am I going to do with the rest of this 16 oz bottle of Pipe Smoke and all these melts?

• Like 2

Yeah, been there, done that and will do it again.......lol.  I have countless bottles of oils that I don't like but do try to use them up in various blends.  A few drops of this or that added to your favorite blend uses them up and sometimes actually give a surprisingly nice scent where burning.  Only problem is that many times these off=the=cuff blends smell darn good and I have no way of duplicating them cuz I don't remember what FOs I used.....most of the time, these are just for personal use but sometime friends go bonkers over the scents......I just refer to them as one-of-a-kind!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pam W said:

Yeah, been there, done that and will do it again.......lol.  I have countless bottles of oils that I don't like but do try to use them up in various blends.  A few drops of this or that added to your favorite blend uses them up and sometimes actually give a surprisingly nice scent where burning.  Only problem is that many times these off=the=cuff blends smell darn good and I have no way of duplicating them cuz I don't remember what FOs I used.....most of the time, these are just for personal use but sometime friends go bonkers over the scents......I just refer to them as one-of-a-kind!

Last year I made a batch of soap using up the tail ends of some FOs I didn't particularly like - a honeysuckle, some yuzu, a little sub-par amber, some Dragons Blood that was rather blah - mixed it all up and called it "Harvest Moon". It turned out really nice, and I gave a couple bars to my BFF. Don't you know, she is DESPERATE for me to make her another batch! 😂

I gotta figure out how to break it to her, even if I could remember which suppliers I got those FOs from, trying to reorder it all just for her sea would make it the most expensive batch ever!!!

3 hours ago, franu61 said:

I have plenty of these!

Maybe we should have a WTF swap!  Never know,  somebody may LOVE the one you hate.

Anybody wanna trade for:

NG; pineapple orchid, energize

Aztec; musk

candlesoy; almond

🤔

I honestly think NG's energize is one of my WTFs too!

Any bad musk is just the worst. Cause when it's a bad musk, it's a really, really, bad musk. 😲

Don't suppose you have a hankering for some Cannabis? 😉😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GailC said:

I had 3 of Candlewic's newer FO's in my cart for awhile.  I had samples of all of them and thought they were pretty good.

Smelled them some more before I ordered and realized they weren't all that after all.  Besides my customers would rather buy straight forwardscents that you can know basically what they smell like from the name. Apple Pie, Pumpkin Cupcake, Cinnamon Bun, Lemon Pound Cake, Eucalyptus Spearmint.  

I doubt I could sell many Mahogany Spice or Succulent Agave & Oakmoss. 

I have bought some just because of the name and description and lived to regret it.  Like Guardian Angel.

Or bought something because ONE person requested it.  Like Cashmere Glow....just ewwwww.

@Sarah S thank goodness I only bought a small bottle of Fresh Cut Grass for one person, because no one else ever wanted any of that one!

I keep telling myself I am NOT going to buy any more unusual fragrances just because one person wants a candle or melts in that scent.  What am I going to do with the rest of this 16 oz bottle of Pipe Smoke and all these melts?

Pipe smoke mixed with some woodsmoke and pine and cherry would be a nice holiday scent 😉 Just saying 😂

Fresh cut grass is a wonderful blender- try it with Apple and hayride and you be surprised or with daffodil 

• Like 1

Grass is a secret ingredient in a few of my popular blends. Every scent tells a story to my in-person group.

Online, like etsy, most people who don't know me want to test the waters with something safe. Then I stick in the unusual to let them know it's all good. 

25 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

🤔

I honestly think NG's energize is one of my WTFs too!

Any bad musk is just the worst. Cause when it's a bad musk, it's a really, really, bad musk. 😲

Don't suppose you have a hankering for some Cannabis? 😉😂

lol! I'm not sure its a BAD musk..whats a good one smell like ?  No hankerin for cannabis in any form, lol  :)

My ebay id is ajensen123.

I don't have each individual oil listed or weighed but you will receive lots and lots of oils. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and I just don't have time to test much. Only make the oils that I know that'll be good or that I want to make and sell. Thank you for your interest.

I have lots of peak, fillmore, maple street, bittercreek, and etc in this lot. :-)  Hope you have a wonderful night. :-)  There are also some natures garden in there.

I ordered a 16oz bottle of "Essence of Jesus" from Rustic Escentuals a ways back. It didn't smell at all like what I had hoped it would, though it certainly does not smell bad to me, was just my official "sample size first" lesson.  So anyway I just have a huge bottle with that name on it chilling on the shelf in my work space. It has received all manner of comments when friends/family have come over to have me make something for them. They like to pick through and sniff everything, and the name certainly stands out.

On 11/26/2017 at 4:03 PM, Sarah S said:

😂😂😂

or that bottle of Cannabis FO, when I live with a cop! When/how did I think I would ever use THAT??? Lol

I have a small 1 oz sample bottle of "mary jane" from Peaks.  I'm married to a cop too, actually, he is now the 

new chief as he got promoted this past year.  One day, I am going to make up a small candle and have that puppy burning when he comes home

from work.  Ya know, just to shake things up around these here parts lol.  I tell you, that mary jane smells like the real deal

not that I would know of course ;) that was many many years ago lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@debratant congrats to your husband on his promotion!  

My daughter has been wanting me to make a Mary Jane candle for about 8 years now.  Honest to goodness, I don't really know what the stuff smells like, even though I graduated in 1969.

I try to fulfill my children's candle requests, but not this one.  :)

On 11/26/2017 at 10:28 AM, Darbla said:

Just wondering if it's just me.  :rolleyes: 

No... It ain't just you... I frequently look at my "Trove" and think: 
'Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete
Wouldn't think I'm the guy...
The guy who has smelly things?' 

Sorry 'bout that... I frequently think of bikini clad red headed cartoon characters...

Wait, what are we talking about again?

OH! FO'S! 
Yeah I got'm! You need some?  

Sponiebr
The Executor of.... Uh... I dunno somthing or 'nuther... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, debratant said:

I have a small 1 oz sample bottle of "mary jane" from Peaks.  I'm married to a cop too, actually, he is now the 

new chief as he got promoted this past year.  One day, I am going to make up a small candle and have that puppy burning when he comes home

from work.  Ya know, just to shake things up around these here parts lol.  I tell you, that mary jane smells like the real deal

not that I would know of course ;) that was many many years ago lol

Lol! Hey, the Cheif's wife can do what she wants! 😉😂

Congrats to your husband! That's a lot of years of dedication to get get to the top!

• Like 1