HGTV candle making video - unbelieveable

HGTV has posted this absolutely cringeworthy "tutorial" on their Facebook page. Thankfully, there are some pretty vocal comments alerting them that following this tutorial will result in a candle that will be dangerous to burn, so hopefully they'll take it down.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

That's a good way to get moisture in your wax.

No details on the wick size, no details on how much EO to add (not that it should be added), not securing the wick, not properly trimming the wick... People worry about their tree catching fire and burning the house down. They should be worrying about these candles.

Edited by Kerven
  • Like 1

It's sad, because before coming to Craftserver, I really would have thought that was ok.

Well, hopefully I would have more sense than to decoupage and glitter the INSIDE of the jar, but the rest of it? I mean, it's HGTV, right? I would just assume they put up quality stuff. So many people don't even know where to start when researching these things, it's such a shame when a company that can reach millions misses an opportunity for real education and just throws up the most marketable crap instead. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

It's sad, because before coming to Craftserver, I really would have thought that was ok.

Well, hopefully I would have more sense than to decoupage and glitter the INSIDE of the jar, but the rest of it? I mean, it's HGTV, right? I would just assume they put up quality stuff. So many people don't even know where to start when researching these things, it's such a shame when a company that can reach millions misses an opportunity for real education and just throws up the most marketable crap instead. :(

I think about just this all the time.  I'm so glad I learned from a cautious teacher who knew the value of testing and safety.  Then of course I found this wonderful forum about 5 years later and continue to learn to this day!

• Like 2