Which online supplier has the strongest/highest quality FO?

Venetti

I currently use Candlescience but have gotten a few from The flaming candle. The flaming candle oils seem to be a bit more runny. 

Where have ave you found the highest quality FOs to be from?

thanks! You're all so amazing and I appreciate each of you. 

(feel free to move this if it's in the wrong spot.)

Highest quality FO is subjective 

not everyone uses the same material which have an impact on performance and throw and not everyone has the same Scent perception as to what they feel is "high quality" vs not 

myself personally can't stand NG fragrances but maybe 2 and they are probably one of the most popular used on here 

runny I am not understanding at all- all FO is liquid and I have some that are thicker in consistency but that doesn't mean the quality is affected 

Higher priced FO that I consider great quality are sweetcakes and WSP - not everyone would agree to that though 

• Like 2

This is a tough one!  When I started back I was using Candlescience only, then I branched out to Flaming Candle and again to Aztec.  I have also gotten a few from Natures Garden (dud) and Lonestar.  As much as I wanted to love the Lonestar it was a dud.

Candlesciene - Wonderful, haven't found a bad one yet, every single one of their FOs that I use are best sellers for me, Black Sea, Snickerdoodle, Apple Harvest, Sea Salt & Orchid, Clean Cotton and Beach Linen.

Flaming Candle - Also haven't found a bad one yet here.  Highly recommend.

Aztec - I have had a few duds from them but many more good ones.  I'm not crazy about the bottle they use for their oils so I switch it out to a Candlescience type bottle.

Thanks Moonshine now I have to check out sweetcakes.

• Like 1

I know what you mean about viscosity. Some thicken over time, to almost syrup. But that is not how to measure the candle performance of FO. The aromachemicals in the FO determine how well it will throw for you. Some are very volatile and get into the air quickly (lemon, Sage). Others will take a lot more effort (vanillas, patchouli, spices, etc).

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I know what you mean about viscosity. Some thicken over time, to almost syrup. But that is not how to measure the candle performance of FO. The aromachemicals in the FO determine how well it will throw for you. Some are very volatile and get into the air quickly (lemon, Sage). Others will take a lot more effort (vanillas, patchouli, spices, etc).

Yes. This is exactly what I meant :)

My favorite suppliers are:

Nature's Garden - I really can't think of any 'duds'.  A few scents I personally don't like after I ordered them though.

Aztec - again no duds to me...some scents I like more than others.  Some, my customers like more than I do.

Rustic Escentuals

Mill Creek - I have gotten 2 FO's there I thought were weak.  Just 2 oz samples though, thank goodness.  Most are wonderful

Candlewic - becoming one of my most favorite suppliers.

Fragrance Buddy

Cierra - haven't ordered many, but have gotten some good ones there

Candlescience - They were one of my first suppliers, but there are only 3 must haves I need from them now.

(I use soy wax)

• Like 1

What GailC said, and I'd also like to add: 

Candles and Supplies, - I don't think they get the recognition they deserve most of the time. Almost every scent I've tried from them has thrown well, and been of good quality

Keystone Candle Supply (although I personally have not used them, I used to use a TON of Peak Candle Supply oils, and she is carrying original Peak oils, so I will suggest them based on that) 

Lonestar Candle Supply - similar to Nature's Garden in quality IMO

Nuture Soap Supply - they just recently (about a year or 2) added fragrances to their color and mold line-up, but the few I've tried from them have been good quality. 

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm 100% sure there are several others I'm not thinking of. 

• Like 1

@Jcandleattic, could you tell me some of the FO's you like at Candles & Supplies?  I'm about to order some more jars from them, but only ordered 2 FO's my last order.  The Candy Corn everyone talks about and the Apples & Spice special.  Have you bought any of the other specials?  Great price but I'm leery of those deals.  The Apples & Spice smells good OOB, more sweet apple than spice, but that is easily remedied.

6 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Jcandleattic, could you tell me some of the FO's you like at Candles & Supplies?  I'm about to order some more jars from them, but only ordered 2 FO's my last order.  The Candy Corn everyone talks about and the Apples & Spice special.  Have you bought any of the other specials?  Great price but I'm leery of those deals.  The Apples & Spice smells good OOB, more sweet apple than spice, but that is easily remedied.

I've not bought any of the deals, but a few that stand out from them that I liked was: 

Tutti Frutti

Zombie Punch 

Candy Corn/Honey Vanilla (of course) 

Caribbean Cool/First Snow,

Raspberry,

Sea Breeze,

Amber Sensual,  

Hollyberry

I didn't like their cotton candy all that much, but that's about the only one from them I've tried that I wasn't really thrilled about. 

Here's this thread (you are part of it) but it has the same list as the ones I like - and there are some reviews about the Apple Spice here as well 

http://www.craftserver.com/topic/111081-candles-supplies-must-haves/?tab=comments#comment-1045366

@Jcandleattic, Ha!  I did a search and was just reading that thread.  I had forgotten all about it.  I saw your list on that thread.  Sorry about that.

I need a good raspberry, so I might try that one and the Vanilla Pod.  Mill Creek had a Raspberry Cream I loved but she discontinued it.

I'm also looking at the Espresso Latte.  And I'll check out some more on your list.  I'd like to get that 10% off with and order of 5.  

4 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Jcandleattic, Ha!  I did a search and was just reading that thread.  I had forgotten all about it.  I saw your list on that thread.  Sorry about that.

Eh, no need to be sorry. 

I haven't tried those others, but do like their raspberries. They seem more tart, than sweet, but not too tart, if you know what I mean. But I like that for mixing. 

Good luck. I think you'll like their oils. I do, and I know @Candybee uses some of their oils as well. 

7 minutes ago, GailC said:

I need a good raspberry, so I might try that one and the Vanilla Pod.  Mill Creek had a Raspberry Cream I loved but she discontinued it.

I'm also looking at the Espresso Latte.  And I'll check out some more on your list.  I'd like to get that 10% off with and order of 5.  

Eh, no need to be sorry. 

I haven't tried those others, but do like their raspberries. They seem more tart, than sweet, but not too tart, if you know what I mean. But I like that for mixing. 

Good luck. I think you'll like their oils. I do, and I know @Candybee uses some of their oils as well. 

@Jcandleattic I just talked to a lady at Candles & Supplies and asked about a Black Friday sale.  They are going to have one!  Yay!  Plus she said they have a good inventory of the jars on clearance I wanted to order, so I am going to hold off.

I asked about the quality of the special scents and she  named some that are strong and told me a few that were light.  That was nice and honest of her.

• Like 2

I find the girls at C&S are pretty nice and helpful. Whenever I asked for a particular scent I was looking for they would point me out to a good one I could sniff in the showroom. I always bought the ones they recommended.

I haven't tried the espresso latte but I love C&S cappucchina. Its a rich and creamy cafe style cappucchina scent. I actually use it as a blender because it is strong.

Haven't found a raspberry I like other than black raspberry vanilla. I used to get it from CS but I have some from Nurture Soap supply that I can't wait to CP.

Have you ever tried a blackberry sage? You may consider that an alternate if you can't find a good raspberry. Just an idea.

@Candybee, then maybe I'll get the Cappuccino instead.  I am out of Spiced Pumpkin Latte from Rustic Escentuals and I love that one, but I don't need anything else from there.

I do like Black Raspberry Vanilla from Nature's Garden and I have one customer who has bought several. But it's not as good as MC's Raspberry Cream to me.  I have a sample of Raspberry Guava from Millcreek and I like it OOB.

I do have both Blackberry and Sage and was going to try to blend them one of these days.

Up here in the Great White North (Canada) lol...we are very limited to suppliers. For us..to order from the US is expensive and takes time to receive the order.  We do have a large fragrance supplier though and I do believe they do have a US location.  Their FO's are inexpensive, but I find they seem to cater more to the Soaping crowd.  Anybody tried New Directions Aromatics?  

1 hour ago, Gary in Canada said:

Up here in the Great White North (Canada) lol...we are very limited to suppliers. For us..to order from the US is expensive and takes time to receive the order.  We do have a large fragrance supplier though and I do believe they do have a US location.  Their FO's are inexpensive, but I find they seem to cater more to the Soaping crowd.  Anybody tried New Directions Aromatics?  

I have never ordered FO from NDA, but I have ordered some B&B supplies from them, and a few essential oils. Their quality is excellent. I recall that their FO prices were very competitive and some other items were great if you buy in the larger quantities. Of course that's true for most suppliers. Don't they have a minimum order requirement though? I think that's what turned me off from them.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, GailC said:

@Candybee, then maybe I'll get the Cappuccino instead.  I am out of Spiced Pumpkin Latte from Rustic Escentuals and I love that one, but I don't need anything else from there.

I do like Black Raspberry Vanilla from Nature's Garden and I have one customer who has bought several. But it's not as good as MC's Raspberry Cream to me.  I have a sample of Raspberry Guava from Millcreek and I like it OOB.

I do have both Blackberry and Sage and was going to try to blend them one of these days.

I love Blackberry Sage from Aztec, as well as their Pumpkin Caramel Latte. They are both big sellers for me. 

• Like 1

On November 8, 2017 at 2:58 PM, GailC said:

@Jcandleattic I just talked to a lady at Candles & Supplies and asked about a Black Friday sale.  They are going to have one!  Yay!  Plus she said they have a good inventory of the jars on clearance I wanted to order, so I am going to hold off.

I asked about the quality of the special scents and she  named some that are strong and told me a few that were light.  That was nice and honest of her.

Gail, when I went to C&S and sniffed their wares, I thought that most of their fragrances were very similar to the same fragrances from NG. Maybe they use the same distributor? Or fragrance company... Not sure what they're called but you know what I mean. 😃

I think you've mentioned liking NG fragrances before, so maybe that will be useful when it's sale time!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I have never ordered FO from NDA, but I have ordered some B&B supplies from them, and a few essential oils. Their quality is excellent. I recall that their FO prices were very competitive and some other items were great if you buy in the larger quantities. Of course that's true for most suppliers. Don't they have a minimum order requirement though? I think that's what turned me off from them.

They do have a minimum order now Sarah...up here it's $100...otherwise you pay a $20 service charge.  I can save shipping charges because I am in their area twice a week and can actually go into their showroom and smell the FO's...they are the only supplier that is within 2 hours of me..

. I have tried a few of their FO's, and the one that REALLY stands out for me is Maple Sugar...super strong.  I would think it would be a good base for those that like to blend.. Other than that one, most seem to be aimed at Soapers, and 90% of their reviews are from Soap people..so the review's are tough to judge for candles..  I wish there were more Cdn Suppliers...