Candle Science’s Mulberry is gone?

candlebug

3 hours ago, candlebug said:

I ordered this morning a pound of Flaming Candle's mulberry.  I need it for aroma beads and I hope is it as good as the description is.  

Candle Science has discontinued several fragrances that were great sellers for me. Blarg!!

Candlebug, do you mind me asking who you get your beads from? I've been making these for the last 3 years and have bought them from several different people. Some seem bigger and have to bake longer than others. Do you find that to be true too?

8 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I miss it too.  I had to order wicks from Flaming this a.m., and I grabbed a half pound of their Mulberry to see how it compares.  The last thing I need is another berry scent, but it practically jumped in my shopping cart.

:laugh2:

18 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Candlebug, do you mind me asking who you get your beads from? I've been making these for the last 3 years and have bought them from several different people. Some seem bigger and have to bake longer than others. Do you find that to be true too?

You bake them?  

GoldieMN

8 hours ago, Belinda said:

I bake mine but you can also put them in jars with holes in the lids or sachet bags. I bake them in metal cookie cutters and make car fresheners!

Oh, ok.  So after baking, they stay in the shape of the cookie cutter and can be hung by a ribbon?  

GoldieMN

6 hours ago, candlebug said:

Belinda,

I have bought from several suppliers over the years, and I have had different size beads from the same supplier.

I usually use Aroma Beads Online,  Margie is great to work with at ABO.  They are in Texas.  I do bake mine too :)

Thanks Candlebug! I've been buying from them too. I'm only about 30 miles away from their location. They do have some great beads. They seem to soak up better and faster than the ones from Aztec, Cajun and NG. The ones from BCN seem to be the same as Aroma Beads online too but they're so high on their beads.

14 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

Oh, ok.  So after baking, they stay in the shape of the cookie cutter and can be hung by a ribbon?  

GoldieMN

Yep, you pour the soaked beads into a metal cookie cutter and bake in the oven for about 9 minutes at 350. I fill my cutters almost full and put a nail in their to make a hole. After they cool off you just pop them out and you have a shape and put something to hang them with through the hole. I can't make them fast enough.

On 11/5/2017 at 10:01 AM, candlebug said:

Belinda,  

I use a drill press that holds a Dremel with a 1/8 bit.  Much faster to drill holes and I always knock over nails before I got the baking done.  :)

I may have to give that a try! Right now I'm using roofing nails (I think that's what they are) and I put them in after I pour the beads in the molds. I just wiggle the end down into the beads and so far they're staying put while baking but I will defiantly keep drilling in mind. I do have a little hand held drill that I've used for skoal can lids so that might work too.

Thank you! 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, Belinda said:

I do have a little hand held drill that I've used for skoal can lids so that might work too.

Ok Belinda - curiosity is getting me- why are you drilling skoal can lids?*shudder*  Is it a Texas thang?

Edited by gls
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gls said:

Ok Belinda - curiosity is getting me- why are you drilling skoal can lids?*shudder*  Is it a Texas thang?

It's not my thang for sure LOL! There are a lot of people that use the lids of skoal cans to make the beaded fresheners with. I had a woman bring me a sample of one she'd bought somewhere and wanted 8 more so I had to figure out how to make them. I had to drill the hole in the lid and line it up with the hole in the beaded part of the freshener. It was a headache to me but after I figured out a way to do it it wasn't so bad. I've seen a lot of them online but these were the only ones I made. I don't really want to encourage dipping (like anyone would have to encourage anyone to dip here in Texas LOL!) so I'll probably not make anymore like that.