Peak Fragrances Reopening?

GoldieMN

On 10/20/2017 at 4:01 AM, Marleigha said:

OH MY GOODNESS!  This is already rubbing me the wrong way!  I have spoke to Keystone several times and yes they purchased what I thought was exclusive rights to all coding for Peaks FO.... The really messed up part of this is how honest and hardworking the owner of Keystone is and now we all of the sudden see another Peak website pop up out of the blue?????   Only this time Peak Fragrances?  WHAT?!?! Holy smokes!  

I will be contacting them tomorrow to make sure that they are aware of this!  I am so sad for her!  At bare minimum I would DEMAND that they change their name COMPLETELY!!!  That's such bulls**t!  Wow.....  Just wow!!!!  

I seriously hope that we all band together and make it very known that the people at Keystone are extremely honest, hard working people and THEY deserve our business and they have been the ones working their tail feathers off trying to get us some of our favorite FO's from Peak.  Ugh!  I'm sooooo.... MAD!  😡   Vent over.......... Sorry everyone just don't like slimy people!

I agree with you. Peak doesn't seem to pride themselves on integrity. From everything Ive read on here looks like dirty pool unless theres something there we 

aren't aware of, who knows . 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GailC said:

I agree.  What a dirty rotten deal for Keystone that Peak is back in business.  Well, he will not get my business.

They got to offload stagnant inventory on to some sucker and get to start fresh now. Dirty dirty dirty. What a shame. Karma has a way of working things out in the end.

• Like 2

https://peakfragrances.com/blogs/news/looks-like-we-are-off-to-a-start

Are you flipping kidding me???  Dated October 23rd, as in yesterday.... He has alot of explaining to do

He is selling again after supposedly "selling" to Keystone-  What a rotton no good SOB, this sounds so crooked and not right to me unless I am missing something and Alan is starting completely over with new fragrances, new company

Does anyone know keystones stand on this and did they actually get the codes or just the leftover inventory?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moonshine said:

https://peakfragrances.com/blogs/news/looks-like-we-are-off-to-a-start

Are you flipping kidding me???  Dated October 23rd, as in yesterday.... He has alot of explaining to do

He is selling again after supposedly "selling" to Keystone-  What a rotton no good SOB, this sounds so crooked and not right to me unless I am missing something and Alan is starting completely over with new fragrances, new company

Does anyone know keystones stand on this and did they actually get the codes or just the leftover inventory?

UGH I don't know - but someone somewhere posted an image of the company paperwork filed with the state and it's all in Nachelle's name, and now this is Alan - which I thought they were both going through some sort of ugly PUBLIC divorce - so who in the h e double hockey sticks knows w t f is going on. I sure don't and just can't. Every time I see something it just gets worse and worse. I am so done (and literally they used to be my favorite supplier) 

• Like 2

Before I saw these posts I went to Peaks site today on Facebook and posted the question asking if this was the Peaks with Alan the owner.  I also asked if it was, didn't he sell his fragrances/business to Keystone and also asked if he was starting his business back up?   No answer as of yet.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Well, it wouldn't hurt if one of us called Keystone and asked if they had the codes to all the original Peaks fragrances, ya know?

I mean, it we start buying from Keystone, we want all original formulas?  Not just left over fragrances that Peaks sold to Keystone.

I wouldn't be embarrassed to even ask them if they knew Peaks was starting up and if they protected themselves when they supposedly bought out Peaks....KWIM?

Trappeur

• Like 2

Well, they have a really great looking  site Keystone....I will say that.  And free shipping over 49.00 so that is a great incentive to buy. 

I did notice for example Keystones birthday cake is more expensive than Peaks birthday cake on the new site

Keystone's  price is 25.00  and Peaks Birthday cake is 23.99

Now pumpkin souflee at Keystone (which is Peaks) is 17.00 and on Peaks new site they are selling it for 25.99

These prices are all over the place...hmmm.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

I feel so bad for keystone if this is the case and I will NOT be giving a dime to anything related to Alan, Nachelle or whatever her name is and Peak candle supply-  The whole thing started out nasty and ugly to the public and now this....  There are way too many good fragrances out there to be discovered and yes they can ALL  be replaced,  I went through this with Moonworks and I will get through this

• Like 1

I just called Keystone and spoke to Pam the owner and asked the questions we are all wondering about as I would like to get a couple things from them .  She said she knew about Peaks opening back up and there was nothing she could do about it.  She said anyone can duplicate fragrances.  She said she did in fact buy all the codes from Peaks so these will always be the original formulas Peaks had.  I even told her that I noticed some of Peaks oils that she has listed on her site are more expensive than the new Peaks site and some she had cheaper  than the new Peaks site.  She said she went by the prices of what Peaks charged her when she bought everything.  Too bad....I think she got screwed on this deal.  But she was so very nice.  She is going to work on getting prices lower and she always has free shipping on over 49.00.

She said her wax will have free shipping but when you look at the prices of her wax which will be up on her site next week the prices will include the shipping. So that is the scoop on this deal from what she said.   Well, I'm going to place an order for some things.  She said 95% of the Peaks oils are on the site now....just a few missing.

Trappeur

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Remembering back through the sordid Facebook argument, Nachelle works for the fragrance house that supplied peak. Talk about a conflict of interest!

sure they sold the "codes" to keystone, but that means nothing when you are the one who creates the codes in the first place. 

Dis.gust.ing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Well, they have a really great looking  site Keystone....I will say that.  And free shipping over 49.00 so that is a great incentive to buy. 

I did notice for example Keystones birthday cake is more expensive than Peaks birthday cake on the new site

Keystone's  price is 25.00  and Peaks Birthday cake is 23.99

Now pumpkin souflee at Keystone (which is Peaks) is 17.00 and on Peaks new site they are selling it for 25.99

These prices are all over the place...hmmm.

Trappeur

Exactly what I'm thinking.

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

I feel so bad for keystone if this is the case and I will NOT be giving a dime to anything related to Alan, Nachelle or whatever her name is and Peak candle supply-  The whole thing started out nasty and ugly to the public and now this....  There are way too many good fragrances out there to be discovered and yes they can ALL  be replaced,  I went through this with Moonworks and I will get through this

I never purchased anything from 

Moonworks. So they went through something similar ? Who bought 

their FO's ? 

27 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Remembering back through the sordid Facebook argument, Nachelle works for the fragrance house that supplied peak. Talk about a conflict of interest!

sure they sold the "codes" to keystone, but that means nothing when you are the one who creates the codes in the first place. 

Dis.gust.ing.

Wow she works at the fragrance 

house ? I hope I'm mistaken by saying she pulled the wool over 

keystones eyes. That would be just 

horrible. Since she works at the 

fragrance house who's to say with 

any certainty that the codes couldn't be tweaked ? I'm hoping we're all wrong here but I'm just 

getting a bad feeling 😕 

Such a shame 

39 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Dis.gust.ing.

Oh wow.......now THAT is horrible.....

Well, if Keystone knows all this I sure would be taking my codes to another fragrance house.

Well I hope Peaks is reading this forum right here and now....They sure are going to be losing a lot of business with all of us here going elsewhere.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

8 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Wow she works at the fragrance 

house ? I hope I'm mistaken by saying she pulled the wool over 

keystones eyes. That would be just 

horrible. Since she works at the 

fragrance house who's to say with 

any certainty that the codes couldn't be tweaked ? I'm hoping we're all wrong here but I'm just 

getting a bad feeling 😕 

Such a shame 

Your so right about that.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I never purchased anything from 

Moonworks. So they went through something similar ? Who bought 

their FO's ? 

Yes moonworks just up and quit and I had just started getting a great following with many of their oils 

pure fragrance oils owns the codes to most but she wouldn't sell all of them if I remember correctly 

when PFO got them they had to do pre-buys in order to stock and only a couple of fragrances at a time ....well in the meantime before anyone knew this fragrance buddy was duping many of them - I myself sent in a ton to them and they sent me the results and they were pretty spot on - I use a handful still from fragrance buddy because they are so similar, lacking some depth but so much easier to wick and I already went through the testing 

PFO now has many in stock regularly and they are the originals - great company great oils 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, IwantItgreen said:

This is such a mess!

Screenshot_2017-10-24-16-15-21.png

WTH ???? Now there was a company that posted on here awhile ago that were duping some of Peak oils, wondering if he's referring to them + NOT Keystone ? I think consumers 

have a right to know if what their getting is whats being represented. Consumers should be able to make an informed decision. 

• Like 1

You should be in one of the FB groups!  Where one person is duping some and a supplier as well and just egging stuff on. Sure is a supplier I'll never order from again.  I ordered from them once when they first started and their oils were about par to me.  But they were great about butting in when someone was looking for an oil.  Think they tried to get in all the groups they could.  Like a soap opera!!

• Like 3

Oh my goodness! I was just reading Alan's FB post on a candle maker's page.  Plus other posts about Keystone not having Peak's codes. and on and on.  It's like a he said/she said scenario.

Such drama over fragrance oils!

• Like 2

I was with Peak when I first started making candles about 10 - 12 years ago (not quite sure).  They were my first supplier and just about the only one around.  But after all this crap,  I will never buy from Peak or Alan again.  I didn't like the way they just closed the doors, especially at the start of the busy season.  Don't trust him and there are others duplicating his fragrances, so if they are even close, I will keep the fragrances in stock.....if not, I will drop them from my line.  I am tired of Alan's playing games!!!

• Like 3