FO HO Club

gls

I think I have finally joined the club (cult?):o  I met the mail-lady at her car this morning, in my pjs with major bed head, to get my box of FO samples.   It was just like Christmas morning!  I actually ordered a couple samples I already had - I always wondered how you guys could do that - well now I know!  

Thanks to all of you enablers I have enjoyed reading your recommendations over the past year.

• Like 3

Where do we sign up.....but hopefully it's not like AA.  Because I don't want to be 'cured.' :)

Got my Candlescience samples today.  Plus 4 16 oz bottles.  Two are essential FO's I already have/had.  Two are brand new!

Also placed an order with RE.  Needed some wicks so naturally I had to buy four 16 oz bottles of samples I bought during their sale and 1 bottle I haven't smelled yet.  Toasted Marshmallow. So $8.00 worth of wicks turned into $114 with shipping. :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GailC said:

Needed some wicks so naturally I had to buy four 16 oz bottles of samples I bought during their sale

:laugh2::laugh2:Hey Gail!  When did they start selling (16oz....) (samples).....?? :laugh2:

So funny you are!!

Trappeur

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I find it scary that I knew exactly what Gail meant.  I've been in this club for years

oh yeah I knew what she meant too....lol....I do the same thing myself.....I just had to razz her......

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

:laugh2::laugh2:Hey Gail!  When did they start selling (16oz....) (samples).....?? :laugh2:

So funny you are!!

Trappeur

I knew that sentence wasn't right somehow. ?

But I do think I managed great restraint in ordering only 4 large botttles after smelling the 22 samples I got. Some are on my list for spring though. ?

I truly did try to talk myself out of buying any.  I told myself I already have so many I haven't even used yet yada yada yada.  But then I needed a larger size wick to test on a new jar......O happy day! An excuse to buy those FO's I wanted!!!

Edited by GailC
  • Like 3

That's nuthing... a die hard FOHO is one who orders another round of FOs from another supplier while they are waiting on an order in the mail they just placed because they can't wait for the 1st order to arrive. Only to find out they already have the some of the oils they just ordered. The most suppliers I have ordered FOs from in the same day is up to 7 now. Lord help me!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

That's nuthing... a die hard FOHO is one who orders another round of FOs from another supplier while they are waiting on an order in the mail they just placed because they can't wait for the 1st order to arrive. Only to find out they already have the some of the oils they just ordered. The most suppliers I have ordered FOs from in the same day is up to 7 now. Lord help me!

OK, You made me feel a little better about my own habit.  I can say, "At least I'm not as bad as Candybee." :)

(yet)

• Like 2

On 8/25/2017 at 11:44 AM, gls said:

I think I have finally joined the club (cult?):o  I met the mail-lady at her car this morning, in my pjs with major bed head, to get my box of FO samples.   It was just like Christmas morning!  I actually ordered a couple samples I already had - I always wondered how you guys could do that - well now I know!  

Thanks to all of you enablers I have enjoyed reading your recommendations over the past year.

Yeah, you know your a fo ho when you see a ups driver in town and you jump out of your vehicle and wave to the ups guy yelling "Hey, are you the driver who is going down Aska Road to Black Ankle road with a delivery for today"...Guy answers "oh yeah!  Are you Suzanne where we drop off these 50 pound boxes with stuff in it and leave at your barn door, the one with the canoe on the roof?  I answer yep, sure am!  So I run ragged to the grocery store and run all the way up the mountain to get to my stash of oils and wax! ha!  That is pretty pathetic.....

Trappeur

• Like 4

The only other shopping/spending obsession I've had is for shoes!!   I would periodically see my UPS guy on the golf course and he would yell "let me run to my truck, I'm sure there is a Zappos box in there for you."  Of course the one or two other women golfing would laugh in appreciation. I no longer work full time so my shoe needs (wants) have slowed significantly.

My Son calls my little FO sample bottles "candle crack"...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Candybee said:

OMG! SOMEBODY ELSE DOES THIS!? (whew! ) I mean I didn't ever want to actually admit that... 

Hi, my name is Sponie and I'm a FOHO... 

• Like 1

I have so many oils here that never made it into wax and not because I don't like most of them....because I buy faster than I can test and produce 

does wax count in this addiction?

lately with my soy woes I have collected a ridiculous amount of waxes to test and one of my orders was taking so long to get to me I ordered it from another supplier to get here faster so I now I have double that wax and I don't even know if I like it yet! I haven't had the time I thought I would have to test because I started staining cabinets instead after work to try and help gather my thought process on which blends of these dozen waxes I want to test and with what FO's....and then I needed to order more FO to have enough to test ?

Overwhelming and I need to STOP

• Like 1